• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'28 Weeks Later,' aka PS4 launch at retail stores - [warning: gifs]

thefit

You can't blame them many people may have been on the fence and missed out on the pre-order window not to mention we got it 2 weeks before them so suddenly those fence sitters have 2 weeks of impressions from the US to push them all the way to madness. I do blame that chain of stores for doing a launch with no tickets that's just a disaster waiting to happen.

Loofy

This stuff should be illegal.

No seriously. Stores here give out tickets to people in line to get their console. If there is no line, then they'll make a line to get a ticket, to get the console.
What a crazy idea I know.

It is a good thing that the division end of the world scenario didn't happen.

These gifs are hilarious though. Kinda nice to see a ps4 thread without bashing on the other child.

Jobbs

Banned
Did anyone get hurt? Christ.

I don't know if anyone's asked this yet, but are like, lines not allowed in Europe? If the crowd is there for a particular item, it's not hard to organize a line. The free for all is funny (if no one got hurt) but really stupid.

I've never ever seen anything like this in person. It's not like it was even some kind of special. They're just fucking normal priced consoles that will be available online before Christmas.

Fucking idiots.

From all the videos I've seen so far, feel free to share more if you have videos/gifs.

People are fucking insane.

uac9j.gif

ed27f.gif

ir2gff6Hn7HNx.gif

This might not be thread worthy, I'll leave that to the mods.

This literally looks like it could be from a movie. Amazing, simply amazing.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Anytime another smug asshole says, "only in America" in a Black Friday thread, just link them to this.

Cloudy

Banned
This stuff should be illegal.

No seriously. Stores here give out tickets to people in line to get their console. If there is no line, then they'll make a line to get a ticket, to get the console.
What a crazy idea I know.

I'm guessing it's harder to sue out there. US stores don't let folks run in like a mob anymore after that WalMart trampling a few years back

I'm guessing it's harder to sue out there. US stores don't let folks run in like a mob anymore after that WalMart trampling a few years back

Smart retailers (definitely not walmart) were careful even well before that happened. I used to work some retail when I was in college and that was at best buy. When the store opened, people in line were forced to walk around the store in line.

And I was actually around for the PS3 launch and a ticket system was used. People had been camped out for several days were guaranteed to get the console because of the ticket system. And no rush... completely safe.

Haunted

I think there's a European sense of humor at play here, its funny to see people scramble for stuff.

Honest question, did the Xbox launch go like this in Europe?
The Xbox launch in Europe was roughly as exciting and frenzied as the WiiU launch in the US.

It's safe to say PS4 won Europe for now, and I better not hear a god damn thing about broken PS4 consoles in Europe after seeing what these heathens have done to them.

Replicant

RUN PS4! RUN!

I cannot for the life of me imagine anyone in Australia behaving like this.

I can't either. We had a rather quiet, orderly launched here in Sydney, at least at my JB Hifi. Although as I walked out with my PS4, one guy was eyeing me rather intensely for no reason. It kinda unnerved me a little bit that I walked a lot faster than usual after that.

Kyoufu

I've never ever seen anything like this in person. It's not like it was even some kind of special. They're just fucking normal priced consoles that will be available online before Christmas.

Fucking idiots.

I dunno man. Amazon are sold out until after Xmas.

I can't either. We had a rather quiet, orderly launched here in Sydney, at least at my JB Hifi. Although as I walked out with my PS4, one guy was eyeing me rather intensely for no reason. It kinda unnerved me a little bit that I walked a lot faster than usual after that.

Yeah i can't say i've really seen it here either.

Top Bottom