• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Holding All-Day Creative Meetings Today & Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirblar

Time filler matches are better than bad angles that damage careers after them. Guys can get over just on ring work today, which wasn't possible in the Attitude Era because TV matches were 3 minutes long and the main events might be 10 at most. Daniel Bryan, the most over guy on the roster, got over because of his in ring work. CM Punk originally got over on his work as he wasn't given a lot of mic time until his big heel run against Jeff Hardy. Cesaro gets reactions from doing awesome shit in the ring. Dolph got over originally based strictly on his ring work because he's terrible at talking. It's a different era.
I think the idea of "getting over solely on ringwork" is one of the legitimately bad concepts to come out of the internet era. For some guys, it'll work. But not for most. You want promos. You want angles. You want people talking and getting themselves over. You don't want to just be throwing out guys for 10-15 minutes at a time to keep the crowd busy. That's what you do on an indy show or Velocity/Heat to train guys. It's not how you want the main product working, because it doesn't actually get anyone over to the point where people become emotionally invested in them. That's what Bryan has and Ziggler doesn't.

Gorillaz

I wish my boy Kofi would have gotten a push sometime. I remember there was a moment where they actually had him get a upper mid card push and hell even let him get on the mic a bit.

this was like 3-4 years ago so I could be wrong

Chopper

But John Cena was hurt and needed 2 weeks off. That was totally a valid reason to put Ryback in 4 consecutive matches he creatively could not win, then have him lose clean at mania for no reason other then being a random swerve for random swerves sake.
So, so bad.

Only good can come of this meeting.

Turning Cena legit heel would be a nice start, and give them alot of breathing space creatively.

A face Bryan vs heel Cena feud for "Face of WWE" writes itself, and would potentially be fucking fantastic television.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
the funny thing is if they had actual long term booking beyond "which HHH-era wrestler are we bringing back for wrestlemania this year", they wouldn't be in this situation

NastyBook

Kurt Angle gonna come back into the WWE and Angle Slam everyone B^)
And for the Authority at the end of RAW...
milk-truck.jpg

I guess one thing i've come to terms with is that the nuanced characters who have something special about them just don't translate well into modern day attention grabbers. For me, Antonio Cesaro, Dolph Ziggler and Alberto Del Rio all have a certain je ne sais qua about them that makes them really entertaining to watch, but I will never buy WWE merchandise.

It's easier to just have things like "NEVER GIVE UP" or "LOYALTY HUSTLE RESPECT" because there is no nuance or sutelty. You know exactly what you're getting. The people who really love wrestling don't want the same ol' same ol', they want to be surprised and re-engaged. But once again, those people might buy PPV's but they dont buy all the schlocky toys and other junk the kids will pester their parents for.

I think Cesaro is a beauty because he is such a presence in the ring, that you could easily make him pull a face-turn and be some love struck puppy dog for a diva, only to have her break his heart and have him beast mode. The stuff I saw from ADR going from heel to face showed the talent he had for playing to the crowd and really knowing how play up the different elements of his character. I'm hoping with the advent of the WWE network you will get more capital from older viewers and have their views catered to a bit more.

Trojan X

Banned
They should just have a Brock Lesner Vs AJ Lee match every week until Punk comes back.

If that actually happen without holding back and they can do anything they want, he would be no different from Videl vs Spopovich DBZ match but only this time, Videl/AJ will definitely be raped (yes, raped because she is a hottie) in front of millions.

On a serious note. I really hope they come up with something incredible. A 6 to 1 year plan is what they should have been planning ages ago, from WM to WM Vince and HHH need to spot the people with brains (not people they like) within their creative team and usually, the one with the brains are the less vocal of the group. Target that person, get some amazing story creative from them, and give him/her more privilege and responsibility for a better future in mind for that person to reduce screw-ups. Also, keep the cards and spot open for CM Punk in consideration that you will do what he has been requesting for a long time after he had a good 6 months break. Also, here are the other things they NEED to do after they put nepotism and politics out of the window for the meeting and onwards:

- Sort out and re-build the tag team division. Mixing up single competitors is a joke. It's either create and stick to dedicated tag teams or not at all.
- Sort out the entire Divas section. Heck, they can do that swiftly by replacing the Divas with TNA girls for they are so much better. Yes, put Mickie James along with Victoria and Gail Kim back too for they is by far more interesting than 90% of the Divas there. When those girls are back in, make a proper structure for them as TNA proven that the girls can be just as good or even better than the boys.

Too many things to list. It would be good to learn what comes out from this meeting. If it's all for crap then I truly have no confidence in WWE's creative team and upper management.

I actually have a 4 page rewriting in front of me right now. I'll post pictures of it when I am done. It'll probably end up being 6 pages but it's long term as well.

the funny thing is if they had actual long term booking beyond "which HHH-era wrestler are we bringing back for wrestlemania this year", they wouldn't be in this situation

Not really, they had there number 2 star just walked out. That would mess up the booking for the short term very badly.

strobogo

Banned
I guess one thing i've come to terms with is that the nuanced characters who have something special about them just don't translate well into modern day attention grabbers. For me, Antonio Cesaro, Dolph Ziggler and Alberto Del Rio all have a certain je ne sais qua about them that makes them really entertaining to watch, but I will never buy WWE merchandise.

It's easier to just have things like "NEVER GIVE UP" or "LOYALTY HUSTLE RESPECT" because there is no nuance or sutelty. You know exactly what you're getting. The people who really love wrestling don't want the same ol' same ol', they want to be surprised and re-engaged. But once again, those people might buy PPV's but they dont buy all the schlocky toys and other junk the kids will pester their parents for.

I think Cesaro is a beauty because he is such a presence in the ring, that you could easily make him pull a face-turn and be some love struck puppy dog for a diva, only to have her break his heart and have him beast mode. The stuff I saw from ADR going from heel to face showed the talent he had for playing to the crowd and really knowing how play up the different elements of his character. I'm hoping with the advent of the WWE network you will get more capital from older viewers and have their views catered to a bit more.

They should be selling classy button downs and messenger bags for Cesaro's merch.

Cena-Punk for title at WM31 in Ironman match plz?

(say what you will about Cena - I know he's as useless as shit - but put him in a ring together with Punk and he's bloody amazing in wrestling and on the mic. then again, this would be contingent on Punk coming back)

Cena-Punk for title at WM31 in Ironman match plz?

(say what you will about Cena - I know he's as useless as shit - but put him in a ring together with Punk and he's bloody amazing in wrestling and on the mic. then again, this would be contingent on Punk coming back)

It helps that he can't undercut Punk's character or gimmick since Punk lives it. We all know Cena is going to bury Bray by reminding everyone of Husky Harris and how he's not really this Bray character.

It helps that he can't undercut Punk's character or gimmick since Punk lives it. We all know Cena is going to bury Bray by reminding everyone of Husky Harris and how he's not really this Bray character.

It is going to be terrible, just as Bray was coming good.

Mind you there isn't much they can do about it. It is hard to take him as a threat when Cena has already beaten him...and the rest of the Nexus by himself.

Amon37

I don't understand why they ever took the title off Bryan. then they try the Wyatt angle but fans won't let be heel so they bail out of that angle. it's just such a cluster.

Showaddy

It is going to be terrible, just as Bray was coming good.

Mind you there isn't much they can do about it. It is hard to take him as a threat when Cena has already beaten him...and the rest of the Nexus by himself.

Bray must absolutely be shitting himself at the moment, he's the only man in WWE history to get buried by Cena and come back even better than he was before. If Cena kills the Wyatt gimmick he's done for.

WrassleGAF would have this issue fixed in about 8 hours.

Storylines for the roster top to bottom.

I'm somewhat serious when I say that group could fix this quickly.

Bray must absolutely be shitting himself at the moment, he's the only man in WWE history to get buried by Cena and come back even better than he was before. If Cena kills the Wyatt gimmick he's done for.

In my notes, I actually have Wyatt going over Cena at WM. But the next night on Raw as Taker is celebrating the Wyatts comes out to attack him but this leads to Sting coming out to help Taker. Sets up Cena, Taker, and Sting V. Wyatts at ER.

Gorillaz

WrassleGAF would have this issue fixed in about 8 hours.

Storylines for the roster top to bottom.

I'm somewhat serious when I say that group could fix this quickly.

How could you even fix this tho? Part timers people don't care about, "full timers" people don't care about and the rest (minus DB) are stars that aren't strong enough to hold weight at that level.

IT sounds like they have been using the same people to carry the product for almost a decade.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
How could you even fix this tho?

Book the post-WM RAW crowd for every show/taping. Do booking-on-the-fly in response to crowd. That alone would make things more interesting/entertainment.

RANDY SAVAGE *clap* *clap* *clapclapclap*

How could you even fix this tho? Part timers people don't care about, "full timers" people don't care about and the rest (mius DB) are stars that aren't strong enough to hold weight at that level.

IT sounds like they have been using the same people to carry the product for almost a decade.

You easily just give the fans what they want.

acrid

Banned
In my notes, I actually have Wyatt going over Cena at WM. But the next night on Raw as Taker is celebrating the Wyatts comes out to attack him but this leads to Sting coming out to help Taker. Sets up Cena, Taker, and Sting V. Wyatts at ER.

Wyatt/Cena worries me. Cena has put many people over in the past, they have a brief main event run, and then fade into obscurity while Cena continues to main event weekly. Miz, Kali, Umaga, R.Truth....etc. I don't want to see Bray wind up the same.

strobogo

Banned
Wyatt/Cena worries me. Cena has put many people over in the past, they have a brief main event run, and then fad into obscurity. Miz, Kali, Umaga, R.Truth....etc. I don't want to see Bray wind up the same.

The only guy out of those Cena got even close to putting over was Umaga, as he lost a match clean on Raw, but that was well before their real feud. He lost to Miz at WM, but that was 100% because of Rock and Miz was barely even a side character in that story.

Gorillaz

Book the post-WM RAW crowd for every show/taping. Do booking-on-the-fly in response to crowd. That alone would make things more interesting/entertainment.

RANDY SAVAGE *clap* *clap* *clapclapclap*
I don't know if they are even that clever or smart enough to turn/work on a dime like that. I would like that too
You easily just give the fans what they want.

Well the obvious one is DB getting push. Punk (when he comes back) getting a little more breathing room would be next. From there wouldn't it get kind of hard to know what the "fans" want?

been in and out of it for a year or so...so maybe there is alot more there to work with

edit: Wyatt fam getting into it with Taker like you mentioned sounds interesting

For people who haven't been watching, check out what happened on the January 13 Raw:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttiGTC5B2gg

Daniel Bryan becomes a good guy again and gets one of the most insane reactions ever. The crowd's going nuts that whole 5 minutes. Watch especially the big zoomed out shot at 3:20. All he does is point his fingers in the air and almost every human around him joins in because they want to. No crowd's ever like that except during Wrestlemania. This guy is a monster star.

Then two weeks later he isn't even in the Royal Rumble match at all, and an old guy who just came back wins the whole thing. It's so bad and they're so out of touch that it crosses over into supreme comedy. Who would see that Jan 13 crowd reaction and then do nothing with it?

Wyatt/Cena worries me. Cena has put many people over in the past, they have a brief main event run, and then fade into obscurity while Cena continues to main event weekly. Miz, Kali, Umaga, R.Truth....etc. I don't want to see Bray wind up the same.

Eventually Bray goes on to feud with Big E.

At this moment I have Big E and Roman Reigns scheduled to face each at at SS to unify the titles which is also a foreshadowing of a big feud for the future. Vince likes Big E, Hunter likes Reigns.

I have Rollins and Ambrose still as tag partners for the time being.

number47

How could you even fix this tho? Part timers people don't care about, "full timers" people don't care about and the rest (minus DB) are stars that aren't strong enough to hold weight at that level.

push the part timers out of the title run, and in mini fueds building full timers. they are building on sand. i wonder who wwe stock owners are.

I don't know if they are even that clever or smart enough to turn/work on a dime like that. I would like that too

Well the obvious one is DB getting push. Punk (when he comes back) getting a little more breathing room would be next. From there wouldn't it get kind of hard to know what the "fans" want?

been in and out of it for a year or so...so maybe there is alot more there to work with

edit: Wyatt fam getting into it with Taker like you mentioned sounds interesting
I have my notes in front of me but they might be hard to read. I can snap them for you all if you're interested.

number47

Eventually Bray goes on to feud with Big E.

At this moment I have Big E and Roman Reigns scheduled to face each at at SS to unify the titles which is also a foreshadowing of a big feud for the future. Vince likes Big E, Hunter likes Reigns.

I have Rollins and Ambrose still as tag partners for the time being.

but why not wyatt family over shield. if reigns is obviously going to break off the group.why waste three ppvs worth storyline easy. wyatt vs shield is easy wm material.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom