• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Direct on 9/4 12AM (EU), 7AM (JP) - 8/4 6PM (EST), 3PM (PST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiggyRob

ibga28M7iJtSKC.gif

Got it from the new Mario Kart trailer thread. Albo I think his name was.

That's fantastic - the GAF 404 is the icing on the cake!

Dangit my class starts at 2:30 on Tuesday D:

I wonder how much info they can possibly give without spoiling the entire thing. Its a whole direct dedicated to Smash so you'd think its alot of info but I mean outside of Release date, character reveal, and some basic info what else can they show to make it Direct length?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I wonder how this thread would look like in the days leading to Tuesday night/Wednesday morning.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Oh sweet Jesus, my day awakes to hype and Smash intensifies.

If Ridley gets announced I am going to actually explode. I've written a clause for it in my will too.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'm pretty sure that direct will start just exactly same as Pokemon Direct. History of Smash, then small amount of Nintendo History there.

He probably would pointing out with old game, and make a comment about unknown samurai that didn't even release in the west.

L~A

You joke, but I actually support this idea. Gives the Wii U version time to breathe and sell.

Personally, I don't. The 3DS really need this game for Christmas (no Pokémon this time around). Maybe a Summer Wii U release, than late november release for the 3DS.

Growlie19

Yes YES YES! I'm so happy this is the first thing I woke up to. So many possibilities: new character(s), items, stages, gameplay modes, mechanics, music, possible release date, and even more! Hell, even getting more pure gameplay is amazing! All aboard the hype train!

Zalman

Personally, I don't. The 3DS really need this game for Christmas (no Pokémon this time around). Maybe a Summer Wii U release, than late november release for the 3DS.
I think summer is too early. I'm expecting Smash to be their big holiday game. October/November for Wii U and December for 3DS would make sense.

SuperSah

Banned
I hope they release them closely together.

I say, go worldwide and just promote the fuck out of the Wii U game more.

I NEED this on my 3DS!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Must mean a release date, right? OMG

i'm guessing a release month or at the very least, quarter, and final names for these things.
What final name? The final name for the one that is for the Wiiu or the final name for the one that is for the 3DS, since this is the fourth game in the series and having two games for their two systems, I don't know if they're going to change the name of the fourth entry for both of their systems because it's confusing.

Axass

What final name? The final name for the one that is for the Wiiu or the final name for the one that is for the 3DS, since this is the fourth game in the series and having two games for their two systems, I don't know if they're going to change the name of the fourth entry for both of their systems because it's confusing.

The final names for these games are atrocious, for real! I really hope they rethink their decision, Nintendo change them for God's sake!

RiggyRob

At this point, I expect Nintendo to keep up the confusing names, it's almost a tradition - Wii, Wii U, DS, DSLite, DSi, 3DS, 3DWorld, 3DLand etc.

They even go as far as referencing it in Rusty's Real Deal Baseball with 'Nontendo' and '4DS'.

So I wonder if this midnight basketb...Nintendo directs is going to be the time going forward. My viewing of Nintendo directs certainly fell by 100%...

I understand that is the problem of the simultaneous live event is that the time will be unsuitable for some people, even in the same region, no matter what time you choose.

The only remedy can be spreading the news throughout the day but that would lessen the whole thing. In highlights post, I trust.

L~A

So I wonder if this midnight basketb...Nintendo directs is going to be the time going forward. My viewing of Nintendo directs certainly fell by 100%...

I understand that is the problem of the simultaneous live event is that the time will be unsuitable for some people, even in the same region, no matter what time you choose.

The only remedy can be spreading the news throughout the day but that would lessen the whole thing. In highlights post, I trust.

I thought it was just for the Bayonetta 2 stuff last time, but looks like it's becoming more "permanent". Which really sucks, I hate those late-night Direct. I'd rather have to wake up at 5 than stay up till 1AM for this.

Oh well.

Come quicker, Wednesday!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom