• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Direct on 9/4 12AM (EU), 7AM (JP) - 8/4 6PM (EST), 3PM (PST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

upandaway

I guess their only choice for directs this close to E3 is something like this. Hoping for some newcomers!

That's the middle of the night though, aww.

Jintor

6IjYKvr.gif

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Setting yourself for nothing but disappointment.

I hope for the best, but I'm prepared for anything, so don't be worried.

Now, tell me when did Nintendo do a game focused Direct for a game that was not close to release (not an announcement direct)?

Anth0ny

I wonder how long it's going to be. Wonderful 101 Direct was 20 minutes. I can't imagine Sakurai has 20 minutes of content he's willing to give away in one shot, but it would be great. Just some match footage would be enough for me.

El Sabroso

there is a new character, is any Metroid game in April 8th release to be Ridley? or any other Character anniversary ?

Rvaisse

Smash for WiiU : July
Smash for 3DS : November

That's what i'd like to hear in this direct.

I think it's a waste to release them both at the same time :
- WiiU needs exclusive games, system sellers.
- Longest momemtum around smash bros if releases are a few months away one from another.

This is going to sound really bitchy, but I sincerely hope they announce new titles for the games on this Nintendo Direct, for the sake of traditionalism.

Omzz

I wonder how long it's going to be. Wonderful 101 Direct was 20 minutes. I can't imagine Sakurai has 20 minutes of content he's willing to give away in one shot, but it would be great. Just some match footage would be enough for me.

it would be stupid to have a direct dedicated to smash if not for telling significant information or gameplay

They're getting a lot of the Mario Kart and Smash news out of the way before E3 so they can focus on Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, Wave Race and Goonies(the new project from Goodfeel instead of Yarn Yoshi) at the conference.

Hatchtag

Banned

The Developer Direct was eight minutes and didn't detail more than 10 characters. There's been at least ten characters since then, so that's at least eight minutes worth of content right there.
2 minute 30 second CGI trailer per character reveal. I'll assume we get 2. That's 5 minutes.
Add in some talk of release dates and new game modes and it could easily come up to around 20.

J@hranimo

Banned
They typically stream on YouTube too. You shouldn't have problems there. :D

Ah excellent. I just get off work at 6pm and I really don't want to miss the Direct. If all else fails I'll just watch the recording before reading GAF
IF WE SURVIVE NEOGAF CRASH

Volotaire

They're getting a lot of the Mario Kart and Smash news out of the way before E3 so they can focus on Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, Wave Race and Goonies(the new project from Goodfeel instead of Yarn Yoshi) at the conference.

Well Kart will be out anyways by then. I think Smash will still have a significant presence at E3, they'll save a lot of info for then. I'm not going to hype myself this E3 for anything except a new Zelda and maybe a Metroid 3DS game. I've disappointed myself too much over the past few year's E3. If I hear Miyamoto's New IP again god....

I say this and I'll just hype myself up again.

Santar

Phoenix Wright and Professor Layton as playable chars with Maya and Luke as assist trophies, make it happen nintendo!

iKhayal18

I think this almost confirms Smash for this summer (July/August) at least for Wii U. Otherwise, it would be very strange to have a Direct now if the game is releasing this fall.

Tansut

The direct is happening during my lunch break at work.

This is perfect.

We're totally getting a release date and at least a couple new characters. I'm so giddy I don't even know what to do with myself.

Broritos

Whenever there's a Direct dedicated to a single game, that game ends up releasing two weeks after the Direct.

SMASH RELEASING IN 4/22!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom