• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Direct on 9/4 12AM (EU), 7AM (JP) - 8/4 6PM (EST), 3PM (PST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

m0t0k1

Me waking up to this news

isZkn3KepgV0I.gif

This is going to sound really bitchy, but I sincerely hope they announce new titles for the games on this Nintendo Direct, for the sake of traditionalism.

Super Smash Bros. Universe
Super Smash Bros. Fray
Super Smash Bros. Scuffle
Super Smash Bros. Rumble
Super Smash Bros. Broil
Super Smash Bros. Slugfest
Super Smash Bros. Intensity
Super Smash Bros. Row
Super Smash Bros. Quarell
Super Smash Bros. Squall

I don't think they will change the title of the game, but we can expect the next Smash Bros to have one of these titles above.

Hasney

Super Smash Bros. Universe
Super Smash Bros. Fray
Super Smash Bros. Scuffle
Super Smash Bros. Rumble
Super Smash Bros. Broil
Super Smash Bros. Slugfest
Super Smash Bros. Intensity
Super Smash Bros. Row
Super Smash Bros. Quarell
Super Smash Bros. Squall

I don't think they will change the title of the game, but we can expect the next Smash Bros to have these titles above.

Super Smash Bros. Kerscuffle

MrT-Tar

I hoping for at least two of the following:

Shulk - character announcement
Elza/Zael - character announcement
Wonder Eyes Red - character announcement

Release date/rough time of release
further information online play and netcode
Final name

AdanVC

The most exciting thing about this is that a newcomer would be revealed. A 3rd Party newcomer perhaps? The return of Snake and the megaton announcement of MGS: V Phantom Pain being a Wii U exclusive? Find out all of this and more this tuesday.

Albo

Really wish it was a normal direct rather than one focused purely on Smash. Oh well, still gonna be good to watch!

OP says this

Join us on 8/4 at 11pm UK time for a #SmashBros. Direct focusing on the upcoming #WiiU & #3DS games

So it's possible other games might appear. ALBW was announced april last year so hoping for MM 3DS announcement.

Aw man I'm stupidly excited for this. We'll finally get some new footage, and hopefully a couple of character reveals. Next week can't come quick enough.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
Yippy skippy!

King K. Rool and Duck Hunt Dog are ready for next week.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

I JUST FUCKING WOKE UP AND SAW THIS FUCKING NEWS! SMASH DIRECT! FUCKING HYPE! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!

HOLY SHIT!

Taker666

Interesting.

...it seems rather early for a Smash Bros focused direct (Mario Kart 8 would be understandable).

It's either coming sooner that expected or we're getting a very nice reveal of some sort.

...why would they do that, when they're just about to release both of those games as seperate titles? Also, what would that cross-over even be?

Because Synergy man and er.... and er... brand recognition. You have to ride that hype train to the bank and back multiple times!
As for how it would play.... that's for the experts to decide!

Ι think they are trying to build up on the hype generated by MK8 goodies yesterday.

Needless to say, they need to provide us with a release date.
Is the notion of a summer release date realistic?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Interesting.

...it seems rather early for a Smash Bros focused direct (Mario Kart 8 would be understandable).

It's either coming sooner that expected or we're getting a very nice reveal of some sort.

It's possible that we might get reveal date next Tuesday, but I hope that we are getting the preview of adventure mode and etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom