• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK GAF: Wii U Mario Kart 8 bundle w/ extra game - £200 at Tesco Direct

http://www.tesco.com/direct/mario-kart-wii-u-console-bundle/117-7839.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=117-7839

The Wii U MK8 console bundle plus a download code for any of the promotional games:

- Pikmin 3
- Wind Waker HD
- The Wonderful 101
- Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
- Sonic Lost World
- New Super Mario Bros. U
- Wii Party U
- Game & Wario
- NintendoLand
- Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympics

£200 using the promotional code TDX-JGCV. Effectively makes the console £110-£140 depending on the game you get.

You'll also get a bit of eShop Credit from the free game download, around 1,250 Club Nintendo stars, (correct me if the number's wrong) and £2.19 in Clubcard points. Plus don't forget to use Quidco to knock a bit more off the price.

StuBurns

Banned
That's a very nice price. Looking like I'll be able to get Bayo 2 + WWHD in a bundle for the holidays for about £180ish.

Davey Cakes

C'mon UK GAF. If you were on the fence and want MK8 plus any of the free games, this is a steal. New console, great games, a couple of nice extras.

nikatapi

If any of UK gaf yet to jump in with the Wii U don't buy this then shame on you, you don't deserve to be agaffer

Yeah this is an amazing price since you also get two of the best games available. And you get some cash back from the Nintendo promotion for use in the eShop.

So wait, you get Mario Kart 8, a free game with the bundle as a code, AND a Club Nintendo code? Am I understanding that right?
What you're buying from Tesco is just the Mario Kart 8 bundle which is the deluxe Wii U plus a physical copy of Mario Kart 8.

When you register Mario Kart 8 on Club Nintendo, you're eligible for a free game download for any of the games listed in the OP.

The console, MK8 and the extra game will also earn you around 1,250 Club Nintendo stars (I think) AND according to another GAFer, you might get a bit of Nintendo eShop credit from the free download game.

Whoa, that's a fantastic offer.

Can't say it won't get cheaper though, but £200 for the premium + 2 games? I'd pick up one up in a heartbeat if I didn't already have one...

Tempting. If only for Zelda HD.

I think i'll need it to be cheaper. It is getting into tempting territory.

Same, this is the first bundle/price that has made me seriously contemplate getting one though. I just don't see myself using it much throughout the summer as I'm pretty busy, and then I'm straight into the third year of my degree - even less chance of using it.

I think I will just wait until Zelda U is out, and hopefully I'll be able to get the console with my desired games for a better price than this.

solarus

Same, this is the first bundle/price that has made me seriously contemplate getting one though. I just don't see myself using it much throughout the summer as I'm pretty busy, and then I'm straight into the third year of my degree - even less chance of using it.

I think I will just wait until Zelda U is out, and hopefully I'll be able to get the console with my desired games for a better price than this.
Same here man, too busy for it to be of use right now but I'll get it as soon as zelda u drops.

What you're buying from Tesco is just the Mario Kart 8 bundle which is the deluxe Wii U plus a physical copy of Mario Kart 8.

When you register Mario Kart 8 on Club Nintendo, you're eligible for a free game download for any of the games listed in the OP.

The console, MK8 and the extra game will also earn you around 1,250 Club Nintendo stars (I think) AND according to another GAFer, you might get a bit of Nintendo eShop credit from the free download game.
Ah okay, I just wanted to know if there was a third game being thrown into the mix by Tesco here. Thanks!

If any of UK gaf yet to jump in with the Wii U don't buy this then shame on you, you don't deserve to be agaffer

Excuse me? Since when is your membership on this site predicated on whether you fritter your money on ANY console no matter what the price?

There are plenty people out there that have no interest in a WiiU. Full stop. Personally, if Bayo 2 wasn't coming out for it, this deal wouldn't sway me.

I don't know why you cant just say "this is a really good deal" instead of making value judgements on what other choose to spend their money or not spend their money on. It happens in every single WiiU discount thread.

Nobody is obligated to buy a WiiU just because it exists.

Robin64

This is certainly the best deal so far. And with Kart 8 looking amazing, this is THE time to dive in. Get in those NeoGAF tournaments!

RiggyRob

So when you get the free game as a download, you can register that and get Nintendo Network Premium points for it? That'd give you £5 right?

I might just get Super Mario Kart (wasn't going to buy Mario Kart 8 digitally so the price promotion doesn't matter to me) or get a reduction on Child of Light instead.

Excuse me? Since when is your membership on this site predicated on whether you fritter your money on ANY console no matter what the price?

There are plenty people out there that have no interest in a WiiU. Full stop. Personally, if Bayo 2 wasn't coming out for it, this deal wouldn't sway me.

I don't know why you cant just say "this is a really good deal" instead of making value judgements on what other choose to spend their money or not spend their money on. It happens in every single WiiU discount thread.

No but they should be obligated to buy one as there's a wide variety of interesting and unique games

I was waiting for £149 with one game, this bundle with 2 is close enough :)

Before I commit, I need to find out about the camera / sensor bar. My TV is wall mounted, AV setup the other side of the room, so without a huge extension lead, there's no way I can have the sensor bar in front of the TV. So I guess my question is - can I get away without the sensor bar (not even connected if possible)? Will it impact many games (Zeldas, Marios). Thanks :)

Before I commit, I need to find out about the camera / sensor bar. My TV is wall mounted, AV setup the other side of the room, so without a huge extension lead, there's no way I can have the sensor bar in front of the TV. So I guess my question is - can I get away without the sensor bar (not even connected if possible)? Will it impact many games (Zeldas, Marios). Thanks :)

How far would the wii U be? the sensor bar's cable is really long. You can ''cheat'' and use just any 2 lights if you really can't do otherwise.

Davey Cakes

Every single day there are people talking about how the console is too expensive, regardless of whether or not they actually and ever planned to buy one.

In response, it's natural to see a fantastic deal and then tell everyone to put their money where their mouth is.

Gotta balance out the sides, y'know?

sense of humour failure?

How far would the wii U be? the sensor bar's cable is really long. You can ''cheat'' and use just any 2 lights if you really can't do otherwise.

Through the ceiling, into the loft, down the other wall. 10m would probably do it.

The sensor bar concern has always put me off the WiiU, but if I can play the Mario and Zelda games without using it, I'm going to jump on the deal. Fingers crossed.... :)

If it's a big deal, you can always get a wireless sensor bar. Any wii one should work with wii u,as far as I'm aware. It'll impact almost any wii game, but not as many Wii U games.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...ess+sensor,aps&rh=i:aps,k:wireless sensor bar
They're not that expensive.

How are you an action game fan that isn't swayed by W101?

Nice! Thanks OP, added some Clubcard vouchers I didn't even know I had as well :D

ic4TibO.png

Top Bottom