• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK GAF: Wii U Mario Kart 8 bundle w/ extra game - £200 at Tesco Direct

Perhaps, but it'll be below £150 by christmas.
Also, the last thing i need is another wheel and remoteplus i don't need. Its an odd bundle, i'd have taken cheaper, and no additional hardware.

edit: WTF, its not the same as the US pack, no additional controller or wheel? Considering that the WiiU regularly goes on firesale for £150 this isn't such a great deal.

Sorry, you expected a brand new Wii U with the GamePad, a Wii Remote Plus, a wheel, Mario Kart 8 and Zelda/Pikmin/Mario/TW101 for £200? Are you broken?

akaoni

Banned
048e6cb88775ddf987aa97568a5b9dbde13ab01f5fa21e78450edb66352a2322.jpg

Now read it again.

I'd recommend W101, but as you said you haven't played any Zelda and WW is a great Zelda, so go for it.
Then buy W101 with the first cash that falls on your hands next, you gonna love it :p

Sounds like a plan to me. Zelda, W101 and MK8 will keep me smiling through the summer :D Can't wait!

MisterM

ARGH! Me and the gf have been on the fence about this for days now.

I can't *really* justify it but it's such a good offer. Also me, her and her son all had a blast on Mario Kart on the Wii. =/

If I didn't already have a Wii U, I'd be all over that deal. Such good value!

Same, considering I'm paying £40 for MK8 that's making this premium just £160! I'm tempted to get one for my other halves daughter. I've over £300 in clubcard vouchers to use. But then again I could get myself a nice £900 watch.....

I can't *really* justify it but it's such a good offer. Also me, her and her son all had a blast on Mario Kart on the Wii. =/

Personally I would say that if you NEED the money elsewhere then don't do it, the money is better elsewhere, if you have it spare and it's something the three of you would enjoy then bite at it. It's a cracking deal right now especially with the additional download title.

MisterM

I did it. I've ordered the MK8 bundle from Tesco.

Pile on the clubcard points and some cashback and it's an even sweeter deal. It's not like I'm struggling for money, it's gaming is probably our (my) #1 non essential expenditure in the house and I think it annoys the gf a bit.

I did it. I've ordered the MK8 bundle from Tesco.

Pile on the clubcard points and some cashback and it's an even sweeter deal. It's not like I'm struggling for money, it's gaming is probably our (my) #1 non essential expenditure in the house and I think it annoys the gf a bit.

Yeah Clubcard points are always a bonus. Well if you said that she enjoyed Mario Kart before and that her son had fun, then it's a family purchase, plus there are some really good family games out there as well. Make sure you pick up Nintendoland, can probably get it cheap somewhere, I wouldn't 'waste' the free downloadable game on that as it's always being reduced in price.

You'll need a Wiimote and Nunchuk at least. Might be around an extra £30 on top. And as far as I've seen the WiiU Pro controller won't work with Wii games.

The Wii U Pro controller doesn't yet work with Wii games and possibly never will. However a Wiimote Plus + Nunchuck will allow you to play just about any Wii game. The Wii U Premium (which this is) already comes with the necessary Sensor bar. If you need a traditional pad, I suggest the Wii Classic Controller or Classic Controller Pro.

you can only play mario galaxy one and two with a wiimote and nunchuk.

you can buy a classic controller pro for Wii ( which works with some but not all Wii U games) for less than £10 from ebay etc if you want to play old style or virtual console games through the Wii Mode.
it attaches to the Wiimote.

they're out of production but the RRP was £24.99 and can be purchased directly from nintendo's online store for that price.

The classic controller for Wii U is only usable on Wii U games, It's nice but any game that uses it can also be played using the gamepad which has traditional controls. it is wireless.

Thanks for your replies and help.

Ordered the Wii U last night - I can see it being a great family purchase. We have PS4, PS3 and Vita in the house but this offers something fun and different.

Shame they can't just send us the Wii U now and then MK8 on the 30th ;-)

MisterM

Yeah Clubcard points are always a bonus. Well if you said that she enjoyed Mario Kart before and that her son had fun, then it's a family purchase, plus there are some really good family games out there as well. Make sure you pick up Nintendoland, can probably get it cheap somewhere, I wouldn't 'waste' the free downloadable game on that as it's always being reduced in price.

I think my hand will be forced with the free downloadable game. Super Mario Bros. U

But yeah, it'll be the only gaming device in the house the gf will willingly play. Roll on the end of the month :D

jimi_dini

The Wii U Pro controller doesn't yet work with Wii games and possibly never will. However a Wiimote Plus + Nunchuck will allow you to play just about any Wii game. The Wii U Premium (which this is) already comes with the necessary Sensor bar.

And the Wii U Basic also comes with the same sensor bar.

Exile20

You can't put a price on family time, especially when it includes Mario Kart. Get it.

MisterM

You can't put a price on family time, especially when it includes Mario Kart. Get it.

I did it. Now all I gotta do is wait four weeks. :'(

At least we have a few Wiimotes lying around, does the old classic controller work with the U?

Siegmeyer

Texted two casual gamer friends this deal yesterday, trying to set up some irl friends for when release hits. One has so far ignored me, but the other one was all over it like ants on a dropped lolly.

He phoned me later and his excitement was so infectious it sent my MK8 hype from middling to through the roof. Roll on the 30th!

At least we have a few Wiimotes lying around, does the old classic controller work with the U?

It does.

akaoni

Banned
I have a Wii Pro Controller I've never opened, will that be compatible with the game or do I need the Wii U Pro versions? I'm assuming that the game has no tablet play, so I don't want to be holding that all the time.

Toadette

Banned
I have a Wii Pro Controller I've never opened, will that be compatible with the game or do I need the Wii U Pro versions? I'm assuming that the game has no tablet play, so I don't want to be holding that all the time.

connected to wii remote i think your good to go

Top Bottom