• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo MCC Launch Invitational Tournament |OT| The King Is Back

Strider

Master-Chief-Collection-Launch-Invitational-Header.jpg

To celebrate the launch of the Master Chief Collection ESL is hosting an 8 team tournament with some of the biggest names in Halo competing. We needed a thread to discuss all of this awesomeness.

Game: Halo 2: Anniversary
Game Types: Team Slayer, Neutral Bomb, 3 Flag CTF, 5 Flag CTF and King of the Hill
Tournament Format: Double elimination - Best of 3 until grand finals which is best of 5.
Where to watch: twitch.tv/halo

Prize pool

1st - $20,000
2nd - $12,000
3rd - $6,000
4th - $4,000
5th/6th - $2,500
7th/8th - $1,500

Team Rosters:

Master-Chief-Collection-Launch-Invitational-Rosters.png

Tournament Bracket (updated for day 1):

djG8Uew.png

Action kicks off at 2pm Pacific on November 8th and day 2 begins at 10am Pacific on November 9th.

Watch here: Twitch.tv/Halo

aPK

Neo Member
Just want to see Ace, Naded, and Heinz do well. Also, Optic winning the whole thing could potentially bring a lot of momentum to the scene in terms of viewership

antigoon

I haven't watched proper competitive Halo in like 6 years. This should be really fun. I love that OGRE 2 brought back STK.

Gaz_RB

So it starts in like 40 minutes? awesome.

I vote for STR8 Rippin

TSquared will always have a place in my heart.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
The weather here is the nicest it's been in weeks but all I wanna do is lay around and watch other people play Halo, lol. Looking forward to it. :)

VinFTW

Wow man, nice OT!

So hype, 35 minutes and counting!

The weather here is the nicest it's been in weeks but all I wanna do is lay around and watch other people play Halo, lol. Looking forward to it. :)

Snowing here, so couldn't be better :p Plus I got a pizza, im ready to go...

Eios

Nice, definitely needed a thread for this. I predict that match 3 will be the closest out of the introductory matches.

Virdix

Wish I could watch but i have work.

On anither note, for anyone with the MCC pre loaded when you click on it to launch does it take you to the store and say available 11/11? Before the update it would try to launch the game so now im worried my install is screwed.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Wow man, nice OT!

So hype, 35 minutes and counting!

Snowing here, so couldn't be better :p Plus I got a pizza, im ready to go...
Oh dang, I might have to get some pizza later now, haha.

Strider

Wish I could watch but i have work.

On anither note, for anyone with the MCC pre loaded when you click on it to launch does it take you to the store and say available 11/11? Before the update it would try to launch the game so now im worried my install is screwed.

Mine does the same.

Eios

My predictions:

oti8dKx.png

Honestly, I am siding with bth beating purple rain as of this moment. Since I have no clue how good purple rain is right now, even though they have notorious halo 2 pros. But, I decided to pick purple rain, since they and stk are the wild cards in this tourney. stk could do better than I am anticipating since they have ogre 2 and heinz, but I am not sure about snakebite or royal.

belushy

Banned
I extremely surprised at the lack of confidence for Ogre 2 and his squad.

I see an Optic/StK final. Hopefully with StK winning, but Optic winning wouldn't be a bad thing at all.

Top Bottom