• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official EspGaluda II Thread of Gender-Toggling Multiplier Madness

LiK

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Only in Florida.

I mean c'mon $8.10 for shipping?
Yea, typical UPS GRound price. but at least they step it up with the packaging. Always max protection

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
LiK said:
Yea, typical UPS GRound price. but at least they step it up with the packaging. Always max protection
That must be a new policy for them. I stopped business with NCSX in 2001/2002 after receiving two different shipments of GBA games with crushed boxes.

LiK

Princess Skittles said:
That must be a new policy for them. I stopped business with NCSX in 2001/2002 after receiving two different shipments of GBA games with crushed boxes.
outer box or the GBA Boxes themselves? That's mainly the carrier's fault if your boxes are damaged. I wouldn't blame NCS. NCS usually has a ton of stuffing in packages. Haven't received a single damaged item here, ever.

I went with P-A because I'm a cheapass. If I don't get the CD, oh well. It's the game that I want and this seems like the cheapest way to get it.

LiK

Princess Skittles said:
The GBA boxes, because they were shipped in thin envelopes, it's hardly the carrier's fault that they used improper packaging.
Well, I can vouch for them that they mainly use boxes these days. They even ship my Famitsu Wave mags in boxes with a ton of bubble wrap

on the other hand, my experience with P-A was 50/50 when it comes to crushed boxes/damaged items

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
LiK said:
Well, I can vouch for them that they only use boxes these days. They even ship my Famitsu Wave mags in boxes with a ton of bubble wrap
Ah, good to know. I don't think it matters anymore though, all games come in plastic cases now.

Anyway, Espgaluda II was $10 cheaper through Play-Asia after all's said and done and I really don't need it next day.

LiK

Princess Skittles said:
Ah, good to know. I don't think it matters anymore though, all games come in plastic cases now.

Anyway, Espgaluda II was $10 cheaper through Play-Asia after all's said and done and I really don't need it next day.
I would agree except I have the LE preordered too and I assume it'll use a cardboard box like with Mushi LE. I would cry if the box was damaged

Whipped up some basic advice for a friend over at SRK, figured I'd share. I've been playing the arcade game a little in anticipation of the console release, but I still suck pretty bad. Here's some simple tips:

1. Stick with the normal "kakusei" mode until you can clear the game. That's the one where bullets slow down and any enemies killed during it will have all their bullets transformed into gold.

2. To actually earn any points, you're going to have to use "Overdrive mode" which you access by holding the "kakusei" button down, and which makes use of the gold you've collected. In this mode, any enemy you kill will spew forth suicide bullets and every canceled bullet will be worth more and more, capping at 500x. However this mode is really risky to use if you don't know the levels well. So I advise using it very sparingly as you get used to the game, i.e. almost not at all.

3. "But how do I get my points?!" Bosses have huge bullet fields in Esp2, and it's best to find a good pattern, hold the button down, go into overdrive and kill them. In boss fights, suicide bullets do not spawn thankfully. That will net you 10-20 million if it's a thick pattern. Extends are at 15 and 35 million, so it's a quick step up to having some extra lives.

4. Once you get your 1CC (ha), or feel like you want to do some heavy duty scoring, try using Overdrive mode and dodging the shit out of the suicide bullets.

danmaku

But how do you cancel the suicide bullets in overdrive mode? In videos I always see them disappear shortly after they spawn.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Whenever I've ordered from NCSX (and it's been a while now), I ordered by phone and asked for USPS Priority Mail shipping. It was ~$5 and I've always had good luck with USPS shipping.

I'm hoping I can order this a couple days after it's out and still get the CDs.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Lambtron said:
Whenever I've ordered from NCSX (and it's been a while now), I ordered by phone and asked for USPS Priority Mail shipping. It was ~$5 and I've always had good luck with USPS shipping.

I'm hoping I can order this a couple days after it's out and still get the CDs.
Not so sure with the huge cancellations for the LE version, but good luck man.

danmaku said:
But how do you cancel the suicide bullets in overdrive mode? In videos I always see them disappear shortly after they spawn.

Yeah it looks really mysterious, but what it is actually is once you start up a cloud of suicide bullets, you can cancel them all by killing any enemy. Of course the bullets respawn quickly, but this is how you apply the multiplier, by popping the little zako enemies around the levels.

There is also a way to clear the screen of suicide bullets by coming out of overdrive mode, grabbing some green gems->going into kakusei and killing any enemy. This will turn all the suicide bullets into gold. This is sort of an advanced technique but can be mastered with some practice.

danmaku

Ouch! So it's kind of an infinite loop: kill an enemy --> cancel bullets ---> spawn MORE bullets ---> ...and so on. Even if you switch out of kakusei mode you'll still have to dodge the last cloud of bulleys you spawned (and those bastards follow you everywhere!). Very risky, but also very profitable scoring-wise. Can't wait to try this in-game! :lol

Just checked and Play Asia are preparing my order so hopefully it will ship tomorrow. Although I chose the cheap padded envelope option so it'll be another 2 weeks or so until I get my hands on it :(

mAcOdIn

So shooters sure as fuck changed from my era, good God. If you can beat this game you can probably walk to the store in a rainstorm without getting wet, it's fucking crazy. I can't buy this, I'd break my controller

hipgnosis

JustAnotherOtaku said:
Just checked and Play Asia are preparing my order so hopefully it will ship tomorrow. Although I chose the cheap padded envelope option so it'll be another 2 weeks or so until I get my hands on it :(
I chose that option too, I'm not spending 20 bucks on postage. With Futari the shipping time was over 4 weeks which was pretty fucking terrible. I was sure the package had lost. Hope that with Galuda it wont take that long. :lol

Here's a couple of new videos showing the menu options:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbXGspzzB4A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HveW5dFnWQ

Looks pretty good and seems to have pretty much the same options as Futari.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Lots of people had delays with Futari thanks to Christmas (I'm guessing).

Espgaluda should be the typical one or two weeks with the cheap shipping option now.

hipgnosis

Yeah I think that's the case. There were some postage problems too in Hong Kong at that time due to recession or something. Pretty sure it will be quicker this time.

Princess Skittles said:
Lots of people had delays with Futari thanks to Christmas (I'm guessing).

Espgaluda should be the typical one or two weeks with the cheap shipping option now.

I don't know what's wrong with Playasia lately. I've been ordering from them for over 5 years and it used to be that I got my packages via the cheapest delivery option within a week, but this last year or so has seen that time double or treble every time. For instance, Mushihime Futari took around 2 weeks and I ordered Magna Carta 2 which was their weekly special 2 weeks ago and no sign of it yet. I understand that if you choose the cheap option you have to wait a bit longer than those paying for the more expensive option, but if my mate in Hong Kong, who gets me most of my imports, can ship a game to me and it's cheaper than PA and takes 3-5 days to get here, why can't a company like PA get it to me quicker?

mAcOdIn said:
So shooters sure as fuck changed from my era, good God. If you can beat this game you can probably walk to the store in a rainstorm without getting wet, it's fucking crazy. I can't buy this, I'd break my controller
that's the spirit

pa.171031.7.jpg

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-br-49-en-70-3nyv.html

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Gonna be playing the shit out of this for 1up tomorrow, I'll be posting videos (of me playing very badly) later on tomorrow. Seems like shipments are pretty low for this (duh I guess.)

souvlakispacestation said:
You will, it's in all regular editions. It's not a "first print" bonus like the Futari 1.01 DLC card was.

Sweet biscuits and gravy!
Now I'll have something to dodge cars to while I work.

mAcOdIn said:

That's why you buy a bulky arcade pad that you can heave around and do some real damage with when you're nerd raging.

mjemirzian said:
That's why you buy a bulky arcade pad that you can heave around and do some real damage with when you're nerd raging.

I game on a 22" monitor so I can just chuck that around if/when I get game over on the final boss.

Then again I'm more of the cold shower type when I fail. My nerves are so shot after an intense session that I'd probably seize up and crack if I didn't cool down.

danmaku

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Whoa play-asia just shipped my copy.
Legit shocked atm. Hopefully I get that soundtrack.

Mine shipped too! :D I hope the customs won't screw up everything like the last time I shopped at P-A...

jodosutari

Neo Member
Ordered! I haven't even scratched the surface with Mushihime yet but got to support the region freeness. I'll buy everything!

Lord Phol

I never understood how people manage to play these games, and be good at them. They're just so batshit insane crazy, but it's impressive to watch for sure.

LiK

NCS should be shipping both versions today. Since I got both editions, this one game will hurt my wallet. Thank gawd I got extra cash from Chinese New Year :lol

Mine just shipped :D

PA was nice enough to reinstate the preorder I had cancelled when I heard that Siliconera report. Can't beat $69 shipped!

Now I'm thinking of getting a stand for my monitor so I can play in tate mode... anyone have any suggestions for something cheap and reliable that would work on a 22" Asus?

simtmb

Ah, gotta pay for my order at amiami, should get down to it in a few days. Could someone post impressions when/if possible (what's omake mode)? :D

Let's keep this thread on top unlike the Mushitari one! :lol

epmode

Has anyone received a shipping notice from NCS? Their website is kind of strange and I can't find a record of my order when I log into ncsxshop.com

I still have the confirmation email so I'm pretty sure I'm OK..

LiK

epmode said:
Has anyone received a shipping notice from NCS? Their website is kind of strange and I can't find a record of my order when I log into ncsxshop.com

I still have the confirmation email so I'm pretty sure I'm OK..
They mentioned that it'll ship today so you'll get a shipping confirmation around 5pm est when the carriers pick it up

Top Bottom