• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official EspGaluda II Thread of Gender-Toggling Multiplier Madness

epmode

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
Dammit I don't know what to dooooooooo!
These games never drop in price so buy it now if it's region-free.

Then you can kick yourself when it gets a Western release a year later. For $20.

robot

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
Okay now I'm all hopped up about getting this.

Should I spring for Mushihimesama Futari as well, or is Espgaluda II just sooooo much better that I should just stick with that one?

Thanks for the help! :)

I got Mushihimesama Futari for xmas and it's probably the greatest shooter I've ever played. The hook for me was it's scoring system. If people are claiming Espgaluda II is even better I'm not sure how my brain is gonna handle it.

LiK

this is pretty hilarious cuz i got the LE preorder locked down. but i'm keeping my preorder for the packaging, faceplate and remix CD. the Mushihime OST in the LE is pretty damn fantastic. guess i'll be paying a premium for the LE goodies.

i'll probably end up getting the standard one too just so i can play it. :lol

simtmb

LiK said:
this is pretty hilarious cuz i got the LE preorder locked down. but i'm keeping my preorder for the packaging, faceplate and remix CD. the Mushihime OST in the LE is pretty damn fantastic. guess i'll be paying a premium for the LE goodies.

i'll probably end up getting the standard one too just so i can play it. :lol

That's the same with me. :D

The first print edition of the Standard Edition does come with the 2CD Soundtrack though. But i like the faceplate so that was the main reason i made a pre-order for the LE. I thought i was the only one that liked it. :lol

I did recently put in another order for the SE though as i can't wait to actually PLAY this game. :D

LiK

simtmb said:
That's the same with me. :D

The first print edition of the Standard Edition does come with the 2CD Soundtrack though. But i like the faceplate so that was the main reason i made a pre-order for the LE. I thought i was the only one that liked it. :lol

I did recently put in another order for the SE though as i can't wait to actually PLAY this game. :D

oh yea, forgot the standard edition also has the soundtrack for the first print. i guess we're paying a premium for the different art and faceplate then. yea, i also like the design of the faceplate. i guess it's worth it...dammit CAVE :lol

hipgnosis

So how is this game compared to Mushi for example? I've read that the scoring system is pretty damn complex and some people are not enjoying it much, most people seem to think it is awesome though.

Mushi Futari is probably my favorite 360 game so will I like this one also?

simtmb

hipgnosis said:
So how is this game compared to Mushi for example? I've read that the scoring system is pretty damn complex and some people are not enjoying it much, most people seem to think it is awesome though.

Mushi Futari is probably my favorite 360 game so will I like this one also?

Definitely. Although i personally can't say much since i haven't played Espgaluda II, but i do own the original on PS2, and it is one of my favorite shooters of all time. I've both read and heard that due to the scoring system, Espgaluda II is one of Caves more challenging titles (certainly different in that respect compared to the sequel).

But basically, you love Mushitari, you'll love this. Guaranteed.

From what i see, the addition of the Zesshikai mode seems like something that will spice things up depending on if you use it as it's entirely optional. The main reason you might of seen that "some people are not enjoying it much" might have to do with this mode. But seeing that it is optional, straight score and survival play, and the balance between risk and reward are said to be spot on. So i guess it tailors perfectly to different styles of play. I'll likely start with playing for survival and messing about with the modes, then go for score runs and try to maximize gains :D (But i can say and do this for pretty much every shmup...)

In short, even though i said this already, you'll love it. :D :lol
Just another *awesome* Cave shooter (certainly not a bad thing!).

Llyranor

Sounds like Zero Gunner at shmups.com emailed NCSX:
Hi Steven, the Kotaku article is accurate. We asked one of our main distributors to corroborate the information and they confirmed the region-free status of the regular edition of ESPGaluda II.

There was some confusion at first because Cave initially told them that it would be region-locked but they were referring to the Limited Edition. They later made the distinction between the two versions of the game.

Regards,
NCS, Inc
Web: http://www.ncsx.com
Shop: http://www.ncsxshop.com
Hello, unfortunately they didn't explain why the limited edition is region-locked.

We suspect that their original plan was to region-lock both versions of the game in order to license the game to publishers for distribution outside of Japan. That plan may have fallen through.

Regards,
NCS, Inc
Web: www.ncsx.com
Shop: www.ncsxshop.com

I'll email them myself to verify that as well, though.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Ah confirmation! Would suck if an in progress localization deal fell through though. Pre-ordered Senko no Ronde Duo since I already have the LE of EspGaluda II pre-ordered. :D

simtmb

InfiniteNine said:
Ah confirmation! Would suck if an in progress localization deal fell through though. Pre-ordered Senko no Ronde Duo since I already have the LE of EspGaluda II pre-ordered. :D

Yeah, that would be terrible. =/

Although i love that it's region free, and it's the only way i can play the game at the moment. I'd love to see Cave having success with localization attempts even if i don't get to play the tiles.

Here's hoping that Aksys's localization of Death Smiles does well.

EDIT: Btw, where did you make the Senkonoro pre-order? I'm snooping around to see if there may be any pre-order bonus goodies i can get my hands on for it :lol :D

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
_dementia said:
that's excellent news.

edit: ordered
i'm a weak, weak man.
Let the sweet cascade of bullets sooth you. :lol

simtmb said:
Yeah, that would be terrible. =/

Although i love that it's region free, and it's the only way i can play the game at the moment. I'd love to see Cave having success with localization attempts even if i don't get to play the tiles.

Here's hoping that Aksys's localization of Death Smiles does well.

EDIT: Btw, where did you make the Senkonoro pre-order? I'm snooping around to see if there may be any pre-order bonus goodies i can get my hands on for it :lol :D
http://www.shopncsx.com/senkoronde2-1.aspx
So far the only thing mentioned is a drama CD, so unless you understand Japanese I'd get the regular edition. :lol

simtmb

InfiniteNine said:
http://www.shopncsx.com/senkoronde2-1.aspx
So far the only thing mentioned is a drama CD, so unless you understand Japanese I'd get the regular edition. :lol

Bu..but extra CD! God damnit, i'm taking the dive. I love Senkonoro :lol

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Gah preordered as well.
I was doing so good for awhile and then boom over $150 spent on games.
:lol It happens. When it's a CAVE title, at one fell swoop, i take 5 future 'to-buy' games, and write them off the list and replace it with one Cave game. :lol

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
simtmb said:
Bu..but extra CD! God damnit, i'm taking the dive. I love Senkonoro :lol
Yeah I still got the LE because I hope to teach myself Japanese while I sit around and play Cave games for most of the year. :lol I'm also going to have a copy of Tales of Vesperia PS3 laying around when I get to the point I can understand it.

pre-ordered yesterday. later $85.

its pretty obvious the discs for the LE were pressed first so as to allow more time to compile all the different pieces that package contains. SE discs are region free because Cave was able to make the code change before they began pressing them. its not some vague conspiracy.

simtmb

InfiniteNine said:
Yeah I still got the LE because I hope to teach myself Japanese while I sit around and play Cave games for most of the year. :lol I'm also going to have a copy of Tales of Vesperia PS3 laying around when I get to the point I can understand it.

:lol My Japanese is a bit 'poor'. I guess that would be the correct term to describe it, but i'm not that bad. Hard to grasp reading and writing though (for me). But really, Senko is one of my favorite arcade titles so I'll be parading with that CD for years to come. (Also actually going through the 360 version of Vesperia at the moment, and plan to do the same thing, but will be made easier by having gone through it once in English! (Love the game))

Anyways, ordered ordered and ordered. Now to wait several weeks for EspII.

Rabbitwork said:
pre-ordered yesterday. later $85.

its pretty obvious the discs for the LE were pressed first so as to allow more time to compile all the different pieces that package contains. SE discs are region free because Cave was able to make the code change before they began pressing them. its not some vague conspiracy.

Yeah. On other forums some make it sound like they've been betrayed :lol

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Bah, this is coming out at a bad time. I really want to buy this, though. Hmm...

hipgnosis

simtmb said:
In short, even though i said this already, you'll love it. :D :lol
Just another *awesome* Cave shooter (certainly not a bad thing!).
Thanks for the heads up! Had to preorder this, I want that soundtrack cd :lol

Pretty excited for this title.

I'm glad I had extra Christmas money laying around since I was almost 100% sure this wouldn't be region free and had budgeted my pickups accordingly... Not really a big deal though, since once Super SF4 is out I'll probably never need to buy another game for the rest of this generation.

This has motivated me to try and clear as much of Mushi Futari as I can over the next couple weeks though. Got real lazy about it after Bayonetta came out.

Now we just have to wait like a crouching Guile.

depths20XX

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
Okay now I'm all hopped up about getting this.

Should I spring for Mushihimesama Futari as well, or is Espgaluda II just sooooo much better that I should just stick with that one?

Thanks for the help! :)

Espgaluda II is really not better than Futari at all. Also if you're new to Cave games you would get much more enjoyment from Futari. Espgaluda II's scoring system is not really for the novice. The games play totally differently.

epmode

I think I've had it with playing for score. I just need to focus on the one-credit-clear first.

If stage 3 of Futari didn't kick the shit out of me every time, I'd be pretty close.

jibblypop

Banned
Region free, you say? I haven't even started Futari yet but what the hell, more shooter games is good shooter games! Ordered! :D

LiK

alrighty, preordered standard edition as well so now i have both versions preordered....if they change the final design of the faceplate i'll be very sad.

simtmb

Dwayne said:
Just to confirm - the OST in the regular edition and the limited edition are the same disc right?

Yes, but remember, only the first print of the standard edition. So let's hope no-ones orders are screwed. :lol

LiK

simtmb said:
Yes, but remember, only the first print of the standard edition. So let's hope no-ones orders are screwed. :lol
Let's hope P-A doesn't fuck it up like with the Mushihime 1.01 DLC :lol I preordered from NCS as usual :)

hipgnosis

Play-Asia has the Limited Edition back in stock if anyone's interested. People have probably changed LE to SE because of the region status.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
From the Cave blog:

Thank you

Thank you for the warm messages from all over the world.
Espgaluda II Black Label Normal Edition is region free.
But I'm afraid new games after Espgaluda II Black Label won't be region free.
I assure you that Espgaluda II Black Label Normal Edition will be the last region free game for the time being.

Cave

Makoto Asada

http://cave-game.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2010/02/thank-you.html

Pre-ordered with videogame imports this time, hope they ship it out as quick as they did Futari. Gotta say it fucking sucks that they won't be making anymore games region free, fuck what ever deals they have set up in the US, make 'em region free for Europe.

pre-ordered

I assume they signed a contract with Aksys Games for future Cave ports. Hopefully that means Ketsui and whatever else they have planned.

C-Jo said:
You're a bad person.

You're telling me. Went with Play-asia again despite the crap that went on with Futari(still got my 1.01 card sitting unused at least). I will be hurting if I miss out on that 2-disc soundtrack though.

Maybe if NCSX didn't charge a bazillion dollars for shipping. =/

LiK

PepsimanVsJoe said:
You're telling me. Went with Play-asia again despite the crap that went on with Futari(still got my 1.01 card sitting unused at least). I will be hurting if I miss out on that 2-disc soundtrack though.

Maybe if NCSX didn't charge a bazillion dollars for shipping. =/
Where you located?

C-Jo

PepsimanVsJoe said:

I'm right there with you, except that I didn't even get a 1.01 card and my game didn't arrive until December 27th.

Top Bottom