• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official EspGaluda II Thread of Gender-Toggling Multiplier Madness

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Llyranor said:
Maybe I should start getting worried. Play-Asia shipped on the 1st, and still not received. Stupid air economy with no tracking :mad:

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I ordered the game in mid Feb, and got it last week... took me like 3-4 weeks (to NY).

This game is really awesome but the difficulty level keeps kicking my ass. The original Galuda was one of the few bullet hells I was good at (the other being Ra.De.), perhaps I should stick with Futari for a bit first. I utterly destroyed novice mode without losing a life, but the main game... made it to stage 2 without continuing.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Llyranor said:
Maybe I should start getting worried. Play-Asia shipped on the 1st, and still not received. Stupid air economy with no tracking :mad:
You get what you pay for.

Mine took three weeks, so don't worry yet.

danmaku

hipgnosis said:
Yeah it is a very hard game. Sometimes it seems that I can manage specific sections of a stage better doing it in zetsushikai instead of kakusei. Kakusei drains my gems so fast so zetsushikai gives me more time in slo-mo, I just have to get through all those spawned bullets... :D

Watch out: in kakusei every enemy you kill decreases your gem counter, it's not only a matter of time. In zetsushikai your gem and gold counters depletes only with time, so you don't have to worry about killing enemies (but you should worry about spawning bullets!).

hipgnosis

danmaku said:
Watch out: in kakusei every enemy you kill decreases your gem counter, it's not only a matter of time. In zetsushikai your gem and gold counters depletes only with time, so you don't have to worry about killing enemies (but you should worry about spawning bullets!).
Yeah I feel like kakusei drains the gems very very fast so I usually stick to zetsu instead.

I just got the first extend in the first stage of the Xbox 360 mode, so my scoring is getting better and better all the time.

What an awesome game. It took a lot more time to get used to this than Futari, but it is so worth it.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Looks like an iPhone port has been announced:
http://www.siliconera.com/2010/03/31/this-is-espgaluda-ii-for-iphone-seriously/
Maniac shooter developer Cave is creating an iPhone version of EspGaluda II. No, this isn’t an early April Fool’s joke.

The producer dropped us a line and sent over this trailer of their EspGaluda II app. Amazingly, EspGaluda II is fluid even when the screen is riddled with bullets. The iPhone version has a new scoring mode called awakening pulse where bullets you touch are converted into points. Look for EspGaluda II on the iPhone app store this spring with Japanese and English text.
Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU_mEzgcC9Y

STG

just got mine 2 days ago \o/

need some buddies for scoring comparing stuff
if anyone wants, my gamertag is: ageha stg

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
God's Beard said:
How is that even reasonably possible to play on a 4 inch screen?
Hell if I know, but this makes me want an iPod touch...slightly.
STG said:

Adding right now!

STG

somehow I think it's awesome that those monitors in the last stage all have espgaluda 1 images on them
:D

danmaku

God's Beard said:
How is that even reasonably possible to play on a 4 inch screen?

The bullet patterns will be toned down or replaced with new ones. Maybe they'll also change the game mechanics to use less buttons (4 + d-pad is a bit too much). Nothing comparable to the "real" Esp2 but it could be a fun little game. After all, they already ported Mushihime Sama on cell phones, wich is a platform even worse than the iPhone for shooters.

STG

InfiniteNine said:
Really? I need to get Espgaluda I sometime, and a PS2 to mod.

oh you really need to do that, galuda 1 is still one of my favourite games of all time

love it!

hipgnosis

STG said:

Added!

That iPhone game looks interesting. We'll see how it works.

Chocoboko

Sooo....does anyone know if the mobile version is coming out in America today? It looks like it is up on the Japanese itunes store but can't seem to find the english version.

Can't wait to try it! The videos made it look very fun.

hipgnosis

So my game started updating when I turned it on, we got a patch for this today. I tried it a little bit and the slowdown at the beginning of the second level wasn't fixed :( Don't know what the patch fixed, hopefully the replay downloads at least.

buffi

Banned
The third level midboss (on iphone) can be milked like a cow. Just go into kakusei, press his big patterns and then leave kakusei when at x500 multiplier and repeat until he times out after some minutes.

This is a pic of my score/gold-count where I started at lvl3 just to try it out some more. Free extra lives ftw.

kzSWIbYbx.png

Finally got this, will start getting into it. Just a quick check - in options even if you flip the screen (my TFT LCD rotates :D ) the game window is still super small. Is there other option to stretch it like with Mushi?

Castor Krieg said:
Finally got this, will start getting into it. Just a quick check - in options even if you flip the screen (my TFT LCD rotates :D ) the game window is still super small. Is there other option to stretch it like with Mushi?

Yes there is, don't quite remember where though. Maybe at the title screen of the mode in question?

buffi said:
The third level midboss (on iphone) can be milked like a cow. Just go into kakusei, press his big patterns and then leave kakusei when at x500 multiplier and repeat until he times out after some minutes.

This is a pic of my score/gold-count where I started at lvl3 just to try it out some more. Free extra lives ftw.

kzSWIbYbx.png

I still don't understand how to milk this boss this is people are talking about...

It's the big gold one in the middle of stage 3?

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Dammit. The second after I download this, I notice that it currently doesn't work on iPod Touch.

Nils said:
Dammit. The second after I download this, I notice that it currently doesn't work on iPod Touch.
You can get the iPhone version working on iPod touch though. Right/control-click the app in iTunes and select Show in Finder/Explorer. Rename the .ipa to .zip and open it up. Open the Payload folder, take the .app file in there and drag it into iTunes. Sync your iPod and voilà! Espgaluda II on your iPod touch.

Nils said:

According to CAVE Twitter the patch has already been submitted:

http://www.cave-world.com/en/news/20100421.html

EDIT: Had my first go with it, 1CC Novice Mode (I know it's pathetic, I'm just getting into SHMUPs). My highscore (I think it was approx. 120mln) didn't register, is there no high score input for Novice mode?

Also is the Guard Barrier vastly overpowered? Each trigger takes like 1/10 of the bar on Novice.

Still, had a OMFG-I rule moment when I entered Kakkusei during Stage 5 boss in the phase, where you have to navigate inside very tiny window created by all the beams she is projecting.:D

As for scoring let me see if I get this right: rapid shot moves character faster, laser is more powerful and focused but the character moves slower. Kill the enemies for green gems, enter kakkusei mode (tap B) to earn gold. Green gem value will decrease. If you reach 0 on green gems the bullets turn red, move faster, however you still earn gold.

Enter Zesshikai (hold B) to cancel bullets into more bullets, then kill enemies to get points from all bullets on screen. In this mode both the green gems and gold decreases. If one of them reaches 0 bullets turn red, same rules apply as with kakkusei.

Is it more or less correct?

danmaku

Correct. If you want to score high, you must learn to use kakusei zetsushikai (or zesshikai). The game becomes much harder, but the multiplier when you cancel bullets can go up to 500, while in regular kakusei it stops at 100.

Also, you should know that if you stay in kakusei overdrive (when the bullets are red and faster) you increase your kakusei level (look at the spinning blue circle around your character): if you do so the enemies will drop more gems for the rest of the game (thus giving you more time for kakusei/kakusei zetsushikai), but the difficulty will also increase. Yeah, I know it's sadistic.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Sorry for the bump. I got this game for my iTouch and its my first bullet hell (Parodius/Twin Bee/Gradius ain't bullet hellish).

I love this game so much (probably top 3 or top 2 this gen), now I want to buy the other Cave games more. Should have gotten Donpachi for the PS1 when I was in Japan. ;_;

danmaku

You're welcome! :D check out the official thread for the iPhone version: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=392010

You can still buy Donpachi and its sequel Dodonpachi on PSN (the latter is highly recommended, the first Donpachi is still good but not on the same level). If you want to play their latest games you should really buy a 360, all of their shooters are headed that way (and a japanese 360 won't give you headaches about region lock).

Llyranor

I've haven't had the time to play the game much, but went through it a few times in the past few days. 1cc'ed Novice 360 + BL (waaaay too easy), whereas normal is too hard :( If only there were something in-between. I'd been ignoring Novice beforehand, but going through it has made me better at playing on normal, actually. Now I don't just freeze up whenever a big enemy (mostly bosses) craps out an endless swarm of bullets. I don't think I understood how the game worked properly beforehand, and kept lamenting how quickly witch time runs out, but I've figured out how to properly accumulate gems faster.

Now, is 360/arcade easier, or Black Label? Black Label has bullet cancels on enemy death, and some minimal 'invulnerability' (in 2p's guard bar), but you start off with 0 gems and don't can't boost your witch time level. I think I'm preferring Black Label. But man do I suck at this game. Just seems a lot harder than Mushi Futari.

Llyranor

Okay, I think I'm getting better at this. Black Label is my main gamemode currently.

I'm getting better at dodging and not relying on my safety nets to get through some of the nastier bullet waves. If all else fails, though, it is nice to know that I have 3 different crutches I can lean on to stay alive (gems/witch time, beam/bombs, and the 'invincibility'/2p bomb). Given how hard the game is, and how finite they are, learning when to properly use them is turning out to be quite the challenge. Game's really growing on me. Getting my money's worth.

(DeathSmiles should be arriving any day now ^_^)

Top Bottom