• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zweizer

Banned
Mitsuboshi Colors ch1-6 by Katsuwo

x6T1QF7.png

A merry slice of life series about a group of kids protecting the peace of the world and their neighborhood.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Where the hell did this facebook button come from groooooooooossss

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fuuka

Seo and all of the band members trolling again. "Blue Wells" is an even dumber name than the "Fallen Moon." I guess at least they finally let Fuuka into their band. Who knows what Triangle Tits would say about them losing all of their brand recognition by changing their band name, but whatever, I guess. Bring on the drama when Yuu starts banging the singer and NTR'ing the guitarist.

Angry Grimace

UQ Holder

Oh SHIT! Finally, after 10,000 years or random blushing girls, we randomly get Negi fighting Fucking Evangeline. I guess here's where we find out how much of a badass he is 100 years in the future? Assuming its actually him? Maybe it's just an astral projection.

Angry Grimace

Yamada and the Seven

I'm sure Odagiri doesn't even want her memories back since she took the L about a thousand times already. These guys lose their memories constantly and she failed to bag Yamada even once.

Everybody talking Berserk now and I'm still barely past the eclipse. Skull knight's a badass. Guts should've killed casca's demon baby though

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Everybody talking Berserk now and I'm still barely past the eclipse. Skull knight's a badass. Guts should've killed casca's demon baby though

Haha don't worry you'll catch up soon enough and be able to sit and wait with the rest of us. Though you're in luck as we should be getting new chapters soon as they were supposed to come in the Summer but I guess that could mean late August...

Demi-chan wa Kataritai 17

"But you're being more like a father to me than my own father"

Wait, hold on, back up. Don't just drop that and talk past it.

Iinazuke Kyoutei 32

Wataru really does have a tough decision to make. Although Tomo would be the best one if he doesn't want to break up the group, as she's a fairly new addition to the group, and not old friends like the rest.

Also, I think every chapter of this manga has to hit a certain level of lewdness, as seen by Miki's casual wear.

remz

You reading it actually reminded me there were new chapters last year so ty for motivating me to get up to date

Demi-chan wa Kataritai 17

"But you're being more like a father to me than my own father"

Wait, hold on, back up. Don't just drop that and talk past it.

I don't think we're going to hear more about it for a while. Though I'm sure she'll tell Takahashi sensei about it at some point.

UQ Holder

Oh SHIT! Finally, after 10,000 years or random blushing girls, we randomly get Negi fighting Fucking Evangeline. I guess here's where we find out how much of a badass he is 100 years in the future? Assuming its actually him? Maybe it's just an astral projection.

Yeah, shit just got super fucking real. Negi should be on a whole other league from pretty much everyone there so this is gonna get ugly.

dr labson

Neo Member
Zekkyou Gakkyuu Chapter 1

So I found this manga while I was browsing tvtropes for a bunch of stories with a cruel twist ending.
This manga is a bunch of horror short stories, which is something I have never read before (short stories that is).

I wonder what happened to
Mio
at the end though.
Did she get sucked in the game console or what?
So far I'm enjoying the manga.

As much as I like bad endings, it really has to make sense for it to work.
Which it did so far.

dr labson

Neo Member
Zekkyou Gakkyuu chapter 2

Dang, poor puppy. Sakahara is an asshole.
Seriously
who drags a puppy on the road until it dies?
Was not expecting
voodoo
, need more
voodoo
in manga and anime.

jonjonaug

So between their recent announcements of Kase-san, Maid Dragon, and Secret of the Princess, their stuff listed on Amazon but not yet officially announced like Bloom Into You and the Kindred Spirits manga collection, and their upcoming releases and continuing series like Netsuzou Trap and Citrus, Seven Seas is basically saving yuri manga single handedly. Everything I just listed off I already know to be good too, except for Princess which I haven't read anything of yet.

I have eight volumes of yuri stuff alone on preorder from them, plus other stuff like Nurse Hitomi's Infirmary and Franken Fran (new volume just came in today!) kicks that up to over a dozen books. Seven Seas is doing good work.

EDIT

Non-gushing about licensed stuff: A scanlation of a yuri oneshot called Water Depth was just released. It was nice.

Revo

Kingdom 475

I guess it's the strat of getting them to come off the hill themselves, but man Kanki sure is heartless.

Tejina Senpai 15
This will be on the test, so make sure to study it hard. A sensei social link is a welcome diversion every now and then.

Zekkyou Gakkyuu Chapter 1

So I found this manga while I was browsing tvtropes for a bunch of stories with a cruel twist ending.
This manga is a bunch of horror short stories, which is something I have never read before (short stories that is).
Welcome to one of my all-time favourite manga. There haven't been any releases for about 18 months now, which is more disturbing than half of the stories.

Criminale! 13-14
American military vs Japanese schoolgirl (?) = RIP America. Wonder if this is the handiwork of the empty seat from chp 1. If so, then after these two chapters she'll be the last member of the class to be formally introduced.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Groundless - The One-eyed Sniper ch. 12

Ho-lee shiet. Every bullet fired out of Sophia's rifle caused so much carnage to those people on the road - the AWP gawd was showing no mercy. Lot of really great art here but the top panel on page 18, with them running away in the dark while the enemy fired off shots on their hill, looked amazing. Crazy chapter.

Jintor

So between their recent announcements of Kase-san, Maid Dragon, and Secret of the Princess, their stuff listed on Amazon but not yet officially announced like Bloom Into You and the Kindred Spirits manga collection, and their upcoming releases and continuing series like Netsuzou Trap and Citrus, Seven Seas is basically saving yuri manga single handedly. Everything I just listed off I already know to be good too, except for Princess which I haven't read anything of yet.

I have eight volumes of yuri stuff alone on preorder from them, plus other stuff like Nurse Hitomi's Infirmary and Franken Fran (new volume just came in today!) kicks that up to over a dozen books. Seven Seas is doing good work.

EDIT

Non-gushing about licensed stuff: A scanlation of a yuri oneshot called Water Depth was just released. It was nice.

they are the best. i will be supporting them in full when I return home

Puella Magi Kazumi Magica vol 1-5 (END)
Kidnapped and stuffed into a trunk by an unknown assailant, teenager Kazumi bursts forth from the confines of the case to discover that she has been stripped not only of her clothes, but also of the memories of her life before the kidnapping. When she is recovered by a pair of schoolgirls, she doesn't recognise them as her best friends and roommates, Umika and Kaoru. As Kazumi tries to settle back into her normal life, she quickly realises that her former "normal life" was anything but!

Madoka Magica spinoff, set in the same universe but with an entirely different cast. The opening chapters were largely light-hearted rubbish where it felt like the author was struggling with the basic concepts of storytelling. Then vol 3 cranked up the despair, threw in some welcome revelations and made everything far more entertaining. Surprisingly, many of my earlier plot-related gripes were actually addressed by the end, even if the delivery method was occasionally clumsy and interfered with the action. I can't say l enjoyed it anywhere near as much as the main material overall, but it's definitely worth reading if you can stomach the beginning and/or you enjoy seeing cute girls despairing cutely.

Homuhomu Rating

lCYrQnB.gif

Homura doesn't actually feature in this, but I gave it half a point anyway because she'd approve of some of the girls' feelings towards each-other.

Homura Tamura is incredible and hilarious. Does anyone know if any of the other Madoka Spinoffs are worth reading?
I'm planning to read all the officially released English manga (except Tart) over the next few days, so I'll have an answer when I'm finished!

Tejina-senpai 15

Hrm. This series is funny and cute and boobs but the sister character is not nearly strong enough to carry the gags on her own. This chapter was pretty boring.

The Misadventures of Carol with occasional Tomo and Misuzu 139-141

Girly Tomo is dumpster fire tier.I am enjoying her treatment at the hands of Carol and Misuzu though. I am also amazingly surprised at the fantastically hilarious relationship between Carol and Misuzu considering it's seriously well-developed for a 4koma.

Groundless 12

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeesus Christ. Sophia is literally made to murder people. Christ.

Criminale 13+14

Ha ha, these were neat chapters. It was nice to get an idea of the other two dudes in the class though now I'm interested in the small things they let slip such as that girl in America and they still haven't revealed that lying kid's crimes. Stalker-chan was especially cute and hilarious that chapter because the shit she fucking says like being a sloth on his arm are just so ridiculous and funny. I also really like that because the MC is always in such shit situations he's actually extremely competent and is prepared for like...any situation. It's a nice change for an MC. I'm really liking this series a lot, it might be one of my new favorite ongoings.

Criminale 7.5

Come on I just got done praising you, why did you give me a side chapter designed entirely around showing boobs!

Yuusha ga Shinda 59

Damn, very little humor this chapter. Mostly shit getting real and Anri stepping up was a nice development. I say little humor but that Twin Fang guy showing up bad-assedly to save the day but being too far away so the real guy saving the day comes in got me to laugh pretty hard.

Tomochan 340-341

Oh man judging by these two past chapters I have a feeling thing are going to be really interesting when she goes outside with that new look

Kingdom 475-476

Fucked up shit right here.... goes to show Kanki is still a bandit then anything else.... but then again Kanki is a pragmatist first and foremost and in history this plundering were more cases the norm

Also buck teeth was just bribed with the same wrist jewelry that the old lady who saved Kyoukai wore (So RIP Bi Hei)

oh dear if she sees him with it

ReAca 43 - 44
Cj4WJ-sVAAAJDWR.jpg

Even Yuuma makes mistakes though this was easily avoided. If youre going to talk about your friends online at least dont use your real name.I cant believe he was under the belief that his classmates dont use social media.

I do want a Yuuma face.

jonjonaug

I'd actually recommend checking out Tart Magica, it's better than the concept should have been. Not great, but it's surprisingly well researched and I like the designs.
Homura Tamura is incredible and hilarious. Does anyone know if any of the other Madoka Spinoffs are worth reading?
Different Story is great. The rest range from bad (Kazumi) to pretty good (Tart).

I wish Yen Press would pick up Mitakihara Anti-Materials, it's the only other one of the comedy/slice of life spinoffs besides Tamura that I really liked.

Puella Magi Oriko Magica vol 1-2 + Extra Story (END)
Oriko, a magical girl with the gift of foresight, knows the fate that awaits all who accept Kyubey's offer of supernatural powers. But when she is struck with a terrible vision of the future - of the devastation caused by a single, powerful witch - she decides to prevent the girl from becoming a magical girl in the first place. To draw Kyubey away from the girl's potential, Oriko directs him instead to Yuma, an orphan who is all too eager to gain powers that will enable her to protect herself - powers that will ultimately lead to her own destruction...

Another Madoka spinoff, but with much closer ties to its parent series than Kazumi Magica, not just in terms of story and characters but also in atmosphere. It's shorter length meant it needed to hit the gas early, which I was thankful for after KM's unexciting opening. I found Oriko to be both a strong character and an effective antagonist, though the moral ambiguity surrounding her actions was weakened by the fact that she was facing 3 of the Holy Quintet (including Homura), who I instinctively wanted to root for. Extra Story was a welcome insight into her life outside of her villainous role, but there was little opportunity for development in only a single volume. I'd like to see more of her history though, and I really enjoyed what I read here, so I'll be looking forward to Sadness Prayer when it eventually gets its official English release.

Homuhomu Rating:

btkvf9s.gif
btkvf9s.gif
rwuIYHM.gif

Homura has a fairly significant role in the later stages of the story, but she's not the leading light and ultimately meets another BAD FUTURE.

I'd actually recommend checking out Tart Magica, it's better than the concept should have been. Not great, but it's surprisingly well researched and I like the designs.
I skimmed the first volume in a local bookstore but didn't take to the setting. I'll give it another shot though, particularly if I still have a Magica itch after I've finished everything else.

dr labson

Neo Member
Groundless Chapter 12 part 1

It's so weird how this manga number the chapters in multiple parts sometimes.
Sniping really is OP.
I love the fact that this is pretty much the MGS manga I never knew I wanted.

Revo

Mob Psycho 100 93.2-94.1

I was expecting reigen to come in to help but I'm glad to see mob trying on his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom