• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brexit |OT| UK Referendum on EU Membership - 23 June 2016

Did you vote for the side that is going to win?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

So if the UK leaves, is the EU dead?

The ambitions for a political union would surly be called into question. It was originally purly an economic union, and started experience sovereignty creep. It's perfectly reasonable given situations like Greece, but the entire issue of Greece shows that perhaps it's a bad idea entirely.

Arials

Italian, actually.
I blame the guardian's map. Can't tell jack shit on it.
What the hell do the white lines mean anyway?

They're spitting England into regions on that map:

RegionalMap2.gif

Izuna

Banned
Good climb down.

People expressing an interest in your racial heritage are automatically rabid racists though, yes?
Judgemental person criticises and derides an entire region of people people he hasn't ever met.

Yeah. I stand by my assessment.

Fair enough. That wasn't what I was suggesting, but if you're somehow sensitive by me saying that the north is more intolerant and a high brexit turnout may have something to do with that, then we disagree.

Yesterday, my Mom (black) said another black person questioned her about where she was from, showing hostility. Immigration, to a sizable percentage of people, has colour. That's what I was talking about.

If you wish to know, I don't think a big percentage of northerners are racist, nor the vast majority of leave voters. But those are who seem to vote leave.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Honestly, as someone struggling with severe depression, this kind of thing (which could impact me greatly) could be it. I don't know even know what to do.

Practically speaking, the only declarations for Remain in non-London england have been Liverpool and Oxford.

London is keeping strong showings with >70% remain and >70% turnouts, but unless there's some turning in outer england, it's not going to be enough - not by a long shot.

London cant carry and entire nation if else where people want to leave. Is there another large urben center like London that could help Remain back in the race?

What about outside the UK? Will this tank global markets?
Dent them but not tank, no. Certainly not on the scale of uncertainty in China this past year.
Will scotland leave the UK if leave vote wins?
Hopefully!
Would be interesting if Scotland voted for independence again and voted to stay in

Hilarious tbh
Yeah too many unionists that bought into the original Project Fear. I don't see them changing their mind.
So why is the vote taking so long to count? It's past 3am there.
25-30 million hand counted ballot papers!

2MF

Turnout in Glasgow was just 56%, that's quite low! Perhaps the Scots are not as passionate about the referendum as one might think?

edit - To be fair it's higher elsewhere in Scotland.

frustration lead to this

which lead to emotion and when the remain group could've went out of their why to address this frustration and what to do in the future to fix the frustrations the played into the ploy of the leave campaign and wasted a majority of their time try to debunk lies

these ploys by Ukip, etc... were always lies and purpose weren't meant to try and win a debate with the Remain campaign but to make the Remain campaign waste their majority of their time try to chase the Leave's tail rather then going their on separate way and going for a lead

this campaign was as foolish as Hillary trying to go low as trump and trying to have a twitter rant war with someone who is clearly better rather then showcasing your platform

fenners

Turnout in Glasgow was just 56%, that's quite low! Perhaps the Scots are not as passionate about the referendum as one might think?

Turnout in Glasgow was low in the indyref too, much lower than predicted & in other cities, similar to this time around.

It's just apathy. :/

tomtom94

Okay, I'm going to ask it: how fucking bad would this have been without Jo Cox's death? Because the polls were suggesting that gave a pretty big swing to Remain.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
frustration lead to this

which lead to emotion and when the remain group could've went out of their why to address this frustration and what to do in the future to fix the frustrations the played into the ploy of the leave campaign and wasted a majority of their time try to debunk lies

these ploys by Ukip, etc... were always lies and purpose weren't meant to try and win a debate with the Remain campaign but to make the Remain campaign waste their majority of their time try to chase the Leave's tail rather then going their on separate way and going for a lead

this campaign was as foolish as Hillary trying to go low as trump and trying to have a twitter rant war with someone who is clearly better rather then showcasing your platform

Hillary's exchanges with Trump on Twitter certainly werent helping Trump.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
London cant carry and entire nation if else where people want to leave. Is there another large urben center like London that could help Remain back in the race?

Practically the only large urban centers that have reported are Glasgow and Liverpool. There's a handful of them, but none is nowhere the scale of London

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom