• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch up on Amazon.de - 329,99€

I am not biting. I am not expecting it to be a success here in Germany, so I trust I will be able to get mine for €200-€250 by the time Mario ships.

I was of the same opinion but I don't have a wii u and waiting 9 months to play Zelda and miss the switch launch zeitgeist entirely just to save 50 euros just didn't seem worth it.

I was of the same opinion but I don't have a wii u and waiting 9 months to play Zelda and miss the switch launch zeitgeist entirely just to save 50 euros just didn't seem worth it.

I for one have no idea how prices are going to develop until holiday season, maybe one will be able so save 50€, maybe not, maybe more.
Thing is, right now Nintendo wants €470 from me, if I buy one right now, together with Pro Controller and a new Zelda, that is.

With absolutely no other game around in the next 9 months which interests me personally and still unknown costs and actual content for the online service this is just a plain bad value proposition for me. I also hope they'll release a dedicated (and much cheaper) handheld SKU at some point, which is all I personally need.

Like with PSVR I decided to stay on the sidelines for a while. Not just because of costs, but because I still lack confidence in the plaform as a whole, although I am really interested in it.

jts

...hate me...
I for one have no idea how prices are going to develop until holiday season, maybe one will be able so save 50€, maybe not, maybe more.
Thing is, right now Nintendo wants €470 from me, if I buy one right now, together with Pro Controller and a new Zelda, that is.

With absolutely no other game around in the next 9 months which interests me personally and still unknown costs and actual content for the online service this is just a plain bad value proposition for me. I also hope they'll release a dedicated (and much cheaper) handheld SKU at some point, which is all I personally need.

Like with PSVR I decided to stay on the sidelines for a while. Not just because of costs, but because I still lack confidence in the plaform as a whole, although I am really interested in it.
You should at least wait to try out the Joy-Cons (with and without the grip) before pulling the trigger on a 2nd controller, when you're getting a single player game.

If you can have the console for about 330 euro, probably will find the game at about 50 euro somewhere at some point (I found it yesterday) which brings the total to 380€ with a great and very anticipated game.

Shaii

You should at least wait to try out the Joy-Cons (with and without the grip) before pulling the trigger on a 2nd controller, when you're getting a single player game.

If you can have the console for about 330 euro, probably will find the game at about 50 euro somewhere at some point (I found it yesterday) which brings the total to 380€ with a great and very anticipated game.

I picked up a Pro Controller at beucher.de for 65€ about a week ago. They raised their price since, however...

Coffinhal

In France got a deal at Fnac.com, 30e of discount voucher that I can use to get Zelda on day one or accessories. I already had 60e in discount vouchers, I sold Wii U + 3DS for 270e so I'll end up spending only 50 euros for the Switch+Zelda+accessories on day one

Prices are going down and that's a good thing, but I don't believe we'll get a better deal until Christmas (300e for Switch+Mario or 350e for Switch+Mario+Zelda maybe)

I ordered mine from Amazon.de as soon as pre-orders opened.

Just checked my order and the delivery date is 7-8 March! I guess this is because they will be shipping it to me in Poland?

Muffmuff

Neo Member
but only there,

bücher.de, computeruniverse, etc. etc. never sold out.

anyway, no wonder this won't sell out either at launch or later,

zeldaexpensive_zpsr77bd2ai.jpg

seriously, what in the world are they thinking. Pricewise, this is WiiU all over again.

buecher.de and thalia are never sold out yea, but they never delivered my collector edition orders too. Their data warehouse/erp is just...

Im sure the Wii U was pretty stable, bought a mario bros bundle at mario kart release for around 270€. And to be fair the Wii U remote controller was a piece of junk.

sphinx

the piano man
buecher.de and thalia are never sold out yea, but they never delivered my collector edition orders too. Their data warehouse/erp is just... .

well one thing is sure, people are preordering,

amazon.de comes and goes with availability

Bücher.de and other lesser outlets sold out

oti

Banned
I ordered mine from Amazon.de as soon as pre-orders opened.

Just checked my order and the delivery date is 7-8 March! I guess this is because they will be shipping it to me in Poland?

I have the same delivery date and I ordered from Germany. I'm sure it will be fine.

Same thing happened with PSVR for me. It should change to the launch date eventually.

Hey guys, I'm considering getting Zelda from the US for the language and the cover. Does the European version also have the English language in it? Maybe then i can just print myself the US cover.

jts

...hate me...
Hey guys, I'm considering getting Zelda from the US for the language and the cover. Does the European version also have the English language in it? Maybe then i can just print myself the US cover.
European version usually has like 5 languages, I'm buying from the UK so it will have for sure :p

I really wonder why people already decided that playing a game like Zelda with the joycons attached to that thing they put into the starter kit will be impossible, so they need a pro controller..

529890-nintendo-switch.jpg

I think that looks comfortable enough to play for me. Quite a difference from the Wii U gamepad, which I can play with, but it's really no fun.

Where did you find Zelda for 50€?

Well, many people think the joycons are too expensive.

I get why they cost so much, there is really much tech in the controllers.

Why is Nintendo not offering a Joycon Basic version then, for regular multiplayer sessions without the HD Rumble and IR tech?

oti

Banned
I really wonder why people already decided that playing a game like Zelda with the joycons attached to that thing they put into the starter kit will be impossible, so they need a pro controller..

I think that looks comfortable enough to play for me. Quite a difference from the Wii U gamepad, which I can play with, but it's really no fun.
I just don't want to have to think about the Joy-Con being charged to play. What if you forget to charge them and you're in the middle of a Zelda play session when all of a sudden they are depleted. Now you have to connect them to the tablet and either wait for them to charge while docked or play in handheld mode.

After some consideration though I decided to skip the Pro Controller for now. The Joy-Con hold a charge for 20h, should be plenty of time to dock them between play sessions. And reports about how comfortable the Joy-Con Grip is make the Pro Controller sound more like a nice thing to have instead of a must have.

jts

...hate me...
Yea. I didn't bother with Gigantti's 379 € either. Ordered mine from Amazon FR for ~345 €. With expedited delivery too.
That's pretty good, for me it goes for about 350 with normal shipping from amazon.de, and also the same when I simulate buying it from amazon.fr. Oh well, no big deal.

Where did you find Zelda for 50€?

There was a £10 off £50 promo on amazon.co.uk 2 or 3 days ago, and Zelda was £49.99, plus shipping minus the £10 of the promo, rounded to about £45. Close enough to 50€.

Slobbering that Switch knob. The PS4 is a better value proposition than the Switch and is cheaper to boot. When will you be preordering a third time?

I need only two switches. Maybe when a limited edition of a revised switch comes out. I agree thatPS4 has better value but it doesnt do portability well
Why is remote play horrible?

I probably use it as much as I'd ever use the Switch outside the house. Does the job.

If I can buy a PS4 and 2nd hand Vita for the cost of a Switch, why the hell would I bother with a Switch?

Nintendo really fucked up here. I mean I was even hyped for the Wii U, that's how much I love Nintendo consoles. But this is just leaving me cold. Even the only games I'd be interested in (Mario and Splatoon) are ages away and knowing Nintendo probably not going to release in the first year.

Just give up already. Stop making me pay for overpriced consoles that gather dust for months between decent games. Either sign up to partner with Apple for Apple TV 2nd Party or go third party. I'm done, and I'm the last person I know IRL who gives a shit about Nintendo.
1. Latency issues. There is noticeable lag between input and gameplay even with good connection even with good connection
2. You need good internet connection which is not ubiquitous.
3. Stability issues. Once your disconnected and you have bad uck your consolenis running at home and you have no access and cant restart or shutdown your PS4

cyba89

People like Jason Schreier (who actually tried the controller) already said the JoyCons in the Grip are absolutely fine and the Pro Controller is completely unnecessary if you don't need another controller for multiplayer.

I feel like people who saying you have to buy the Pro Controller to enjoy Zelda just do that to further exaggarate the price of the Switch at launch.

Lylo

Well, many people think the joycons are too expensive.

I get why they cost so much, there is really much tech in the controllers.

Why is Nintendo not offering a Joycon Basic version then, for regular multiplayer sessions without the HD Rumble and IR tech?

They probably don't want to limit what devs can do with the JoyCons if they have to think that there are JoyCons out there without some functions.

kingkaiser

Because not everyone is "blessed" with Trump sized hands, that's why.

Haunted

This second wave of shipments on Amazon going up and being sold out again makes me very happy about my chances of getting a timely delivery from Amazon. Got big plans for the release weekend and Zelda. :D

jts

...hate me...
People like Jason Schreier (who actually tried the controller) already said the JoyCons in the Grip are absolutely fine and the Pro Controller is completely unnecessary if you don't need another controller for multiplayer.

I feel like people who saying you have to buy the Pro Controller to enjoy Zelda just do that to further exaggarate the price of the Switch at launch.

Tbh, I'll probably even get another pair of Joy-Cons (and a charging grip) before the Pro Controller.

The Pro looks excellent but the Joy-Cons are more flexible (example: 2 player ARMS with motion controls, or 4 player Mario Kart).

My endgoal would be to have just those 2 pairs of Joy-Cons (only one charging grip) and probably just one Pro Controller. Ideally it would be 2, but I'm not made of money, Nintendo.
unless there's a price drop or sale

Same here although I'm a bit afraid about Zelda having now a jump button and the need to control the camera with the stick. I hope we can remap the jump button to a trigger.

I thought the reports generally said that the joy-cons are pretty small when you're using only one to play a game. When you're using both and they're in that dock, the size looks pretty big tbh, certainly around the same size as a pro controller and no tiny hands needed.

Also the basic holder included with the Switch lets you connect it to the dock with a cable for charging, right? As in, it's exactly the same method as a ps4 or wii u pro controller. There's just another form that charges from the grip (which I guess itself must need recharging occasionally). Unless I've misunderstood something here...

TLZ

Banned

Looks comfortable for you. Not to many who'd prefer the pro. Also I've heard from youtube and can't remember who said it, but said the controller was on the narrow side, and I'm not a fan of that. The WiiU gamepad is so good for me because it's wide and comfortable to hold.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Just take one joycon in each hand. Can't get much more comfy than that.

2San

Just take one joycon in each hand. Can't get much more comfy than that.
The right analog is situated at an awkward place, reminds me a bit of the vita. Also I like to play wired since managing battery life is annoying and considering a charging grip isn't included that is another minus as well.

Mar Nosso

Banned
Europe has never been a very strong market for Nintendo and yet they're trying to rake us. I suspect after the high numbers the launch period will inevitably do, the thing will bomb hard without a price cut. I want to play Zelda, but not for anywhere near the kind of asking price they have.

tootie923

The Joycon grip ergonomics reminds of the Dreamcast controller, which I had real trouble adjusting to after using the Dual Shock 2. I can't say until I actually use it, but the analog stick placements don't look comfortable to me. I'll be getting the Pro controller for Zelda and other traditional titles.

Burny

There is no need to use the new Pro Controller, but I've used this Joycon grip for the BotW demo and it feels like using a 3DS' controls. Sticks and buttons are miniaturized compared to the familiar, full blown console controllers. For me personally, that's more than workable, but for some, 70€ for a more spacious and comfortable control layout may be worth it.

Nintendo cannot expect to set charts on fire in Europe with those prices until the holidays, I agree. And by then, it also depends on what exactly the factually existing library is and/or if the price is at least slightly adjusted via bundles.
But imo this system won't perform worse than the 3DS and, when aligned, should do better than XBone because the 3DS in the end did also evolve into a successful system that was worth buying into after 2-3 years. It would need some serious software miracles to come anywhere close PS4 levels, but especially a more affordable, smaller system w/o removable Joycons or dock will basically follow the 3DS sales trajectory as soon as former 'handheld blockbuster' titles release.

MaxBill1908

Neo Member
I just checked my pre-orders on Amazon DE. I have pre-ordered the grey and the neon switch because I am not sure about the color yet.

Amazon changed the price for the neon one in my case to 178,50€

178,50€ for the switch???

WHAAAAT?!

Did this happen to anyone else? Can I count on Amazon not raising it again?!

THEaaron

I just checked my pre-orders on Amazon DE. I have pre-ordered the grey and the neon switch because I am not sure about the color yet.

WHAAAAT?!

My preorder say the same. Looks like a mistake.

MayMay

Banned
I saw that price but it wouldnt let me order one at that price,

so I F5d the shit out of the Grey one and it actually popped up with a price once and actually let me pre-order after a bunch of trying... hope they don't cancel that on me.

Airbar

Neo Member

WHAAAAT?!

Can confirm, same happened to me. Lets hope they honour their mistake.

Ladekabel

WHAAAAT?!

After reading this I checked my order again and I have the same price mistake. Would be amazing if they keep it that way.

oti

Banned

WHAAAAT?!

:OOOO

Me too!

KHlover

Banned

WHAAAAT?!

Didn't change for me. Generally amazon will charge you the lowest price the article has been in the preorder period, but 180€ seems like such an obvious pricing error that I would not count on it.

Same here, seems too big an investment for just one game I want at launch, I'll wait until Mario and see how the price, catalog and third party support are before jumping onboard.

oti

Banned
Europe has never been a very strong market for Nintendo and yet they're trying to rake us. I suspect after the high numbers the launch period will inevitably do, the thing will bomb hard without a price cut. I want to play Zelda, but not for anywhere near the kind of asking price they have.

France loves Nintendo.

wrowa

WHAAAAT?!

Same happened to me, but half price would be too good to be true. Can't see them honoring it.

Would be incredibly awesome if they do, though.

Top Bottom