• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NST worked on Wii Motorbike title

Shiggy

http://www.google.com/patents?id=QA...AA#v=onepage&q=Lee, Yoonjoon nintendo&f=false

Apparently, NST worked on a Wii motorcycling game in 2009 supporting both Motion Plus and the Balance Board, with the latter being optional.

wiimotoar6w.jpg
wiimoto2ir9u.jpg
wiimoto34r25.jpg

Previously cancelled: Hammer & Crush
3d_082ppkc.jpg

3d_097mrnj.jpg

Shiggy

This was filed in October 2009, that's shortly after Wii Crush was canned. So this was likely the third NST Wii project.

faridmon

Man, what a wasted opportinty for Nintendo to fill up thier library this year. I guess they never saw this barren wasteland for the Wii happening when they were drowning in pool of money

wrowa

ShockingAlberto said:
I am guessing this one missed its quality milestones, as well?
I wonder why they even went on doing prototypes. Apparently they didn't get the memo that Nintendo doesn't want them to develop bigger games.

One of the few cases where I can understand Nintendo's stance to be honest. NST isn't very... talented.

scitek

Obvious why they canned it with the plethora of motorcycle WiiMotion Plus titles that hit the market recently. I can't say I blame them for canceling it.

oatmeal

Banned
Blue Storm is incredible...so good.

I really hope they skipped Wave Race this gen because they knew they wouldn't be able to do much better graphically, so they're waiting for the Wii U.

Probably my favorite racing title. Both WR's...

GhaleonQ

wrowa said:
One of the few cases where I can understand Nintendo's stance to be honest. NST isn't very... talented.

I wish I knew more about them. 1/2 of their games are brilliant and 1/2 are mediocre/good but incoherent. I have no clue why this is. This seems like the latter?

I hate to be that guy, but the news about the NST made Wii motorcycling game is very old now (I remember hearing about it and seeing that patent last year)

I miss NST's console team... Wave Race Blue Storm and 1080 Avalanche on GC were both really good, it's quite unfortunate that this gen they've gotten absolutely no Wii games published. Darnit Nintendo...

I know they still make good handheld games, but it'd be nice if they made console games too. They can make good ones, and Nintendo just completely ignoring one of its only remaining internal Western teams like that is annoying.

Top Bottom