• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo Discussion: Drastic fall in survey values coming on July 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
VideoMan said:
Post Play Surveys for the 10 NES Ambassador games are up. Expires 12/30/2011 so no hurry.
Fucking assholes gave them to me even though I didn't download them. There goes the dream of only getting 600 coins again this year. :(

donny2112

Fuzzy said:
There goes the dream of only getting 600 coins again this year. :(

You can still skip the surveys and miss out on some of the coins, if you really want to keep it at 600 for the year. Otherwise, you've had a good run! :)

Clipper

Fuzzy said:
Fucking assholes gave them to me even though I didn't download them. There goes the dream of only getting 600 coins again this year. :(
Yeah, they implemented them by registering them to all ambassadors upon release. It's the registration, not the download, that qualifies you in all cases.

jamesinclair said:
How long do these coins take to post?

I dont have any :|
Which coins are you talking about? If the ones for ambassador games, you have to go to your To-Do list and fill in the 10 post-play surveys of the games. Of course, you must have linked the 3DS to Club Nintendo before the games released to have received the surveys.

jackdoe

540 coins. Almost at Platinum! It was funny how I had to keep on repeating "VC emulation excellent, 3DS d-pad utter crap" for all the surveys I had to fill out for the Ambassador games.

jackdoe said:
540 coins. Almost at Platinum! It was funny how I had to keep on repeating "VC emulation excellent, 3DS d-pad utter crap" for all the surveys I had to fill out for the Ambassador games.
Mine was pretty much "need Mega Man 2, Castlevania III and Super Mario Bros. 3 on VC", 10 times.

WEGGLES

Thank you for your interest in taking this survey for NES Open Tournament Golf.

Please tell us in your own words what you think about the game. (255 character max)

Holy fuck this shit is hard. I shot 18 over par. On the first fucking hole. If I wanted to feel like a loser I wouldn't play videogames.

bumpkin

WEGGLES said:

Please tell us in your own words what you think about the game. (255 character max)

Holy fuck this shit is hard. I shot 18 over par. On the first fucking hole. If I wanted to feel like a loser I wouldn't play videogames.
Amen to that!

WEGGLES said:

I got 36 over par on the first hole because I didnt understand what to do. And the manual didnt help.

WEGGLES

jamesinclair said:
I got 36 over par on the first hole because I didnt understand what to do. And the manual didnt help.
It's like Hot Shots Golf but the marker moves so fucking fast. :[

Roto13 said:
It felt weird criticizing 30-year-old games (ACK!) but I did anyway. :p

If they want to sell these I have no problem saying that Ice Climbers is kinda crappy.

CPCunha

My Ambassador games didnt show up on my club.nintendo account...is there some kind of kinky setup im missing?...i could really use the coins..

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
CPCunha said:
My Ambassador games didnt show up on my club.nintendo account...is there some kind of kinky setup im missing?...i could really use the coins..
Did you have your 3DS already linked to you CN account?

Clipper

CPCunha said:
As suggested, you almost certainly haven't linked your 3DS. There's no way to get the NES ones any more, but you can still qualify for the GBA ones if you act now, and get a 40 coin bonus to boot. Just look through the options in the eShop to link your 3DS to your Club Nintendo account.

If you had already linked, call or e-mail Nintendo. They'll fix you up.

Oh, and just for a sanity check, you are talking US Club Nintendo, right?

Glix

jackdoe said:
That's a very good alternative response.

Wait, you guys don't answer every question with a very concise answer followed by - As a loyal Nintendo customer I am extremely dissapointed by Nintendo of America's lack of interest in bringing Xenoblade and The Last Story to America. Without assurance that I am going to be able to play the games that interest me, I can no longer buy new Nintendo hardware in good conscience.

I've been doing this for every survey since their trollish and arrogant response to project rainfall.

Clipper

Glix said:
Wait, you guys don't answer every question with a very concise answer followed by - As a loyal Nintendo customer I am extremely dissapointed by Nintendo of America's lack of interest in bringing Xenoblade and The Last Story to America. Without assurance that I am going to be able to play the games that interest me, I can no longer buy new Nintendo hardware in good conscience.

I've been doing this for every survey since their trollish and arrogant response to project rainfall.
And they are calling your bluff.

krae_man

Well those surveys took a while to do. Nintendo needs to make the surveys less generic. "Why did you decide to buy Metroid?" "It was free" That is about as stupid a question as asking me if I used Nintendo Wifi on games that don't support it.

I kind of want to get the other Game and Watch DS game but I'm afraid Nintendo will release someone I want more right after I order it like they did when I got the other one.

fernoca

Seems some of you actually reply to the surveys. :p
Mine are usually like:
-So fun! (as the reason I got it. Copy-paste it for multiple surveys)
-N/A (for everything else)
-Chrome remembers the age, score, so I just double click and select [80s for every game, 90s for Mario, Zelda, etc.].
-Submit.

:p

Izayoi

Banned
Okay, I've got a question. How much longer do we think DSi XLs will be eligible for coins? I'm already at my Platinum quota for this year, so I'm not really sure how to go about this.

Roto13

Izayoi said:
Okay, I've got a question. How much longer do we think DSi XLs will be eligible for coins? I'm already at my Platinum quota for this year, so I'm not really sure how to go about this.
Why would they ever not be?

Izayoi

Banned
Roto13 said:
Why would they ever not be?
Well, you don't get points for older systems like the DS Lite, Gamecube, GBA, etc., etc.

I figure after a while they won't give you points for the DSi stuff either.

Clipper

Izayoi said:
The only limit that there might be is 5 years after launch of the system, as that is the old expiry dates the games and systems used to have before we went to the 7-day registration timeout.

Gravijah

Izayoi said:
Well, you don't get points for older systems like the DS Lite, Gamecube, GBA, etc., etc.

I figure after a while they won't give you points for the DSi stuff either.

You don't get points for those because they never gave you points.

Izayoi

Banned
Gravijah said:
You don't get points for those because they never gave you points.
Oh. Well that makes sense.

Also, the Mario limited edition DSi XL is arguably the most gorgeous handheld gaming device ever created. God damn.

I apologize if this has already been answered, but is it possible to redeem two 3DS consoles on one Club Nintendo account? I'm swapping someone my black 3DS and ambassador games for a new red model and wanted to know if I could register both, since I doubt he really cares about getting Club Nintendo stuff. (I haven't mentioned it to him yet, though.)

Roto13

Lupin the Wolf said:
I apologize if this has already been answered, but is it possible to redeem two 3DS consoles on one Club Nintendo account? I'm swapping someone my black 3DS and ambassador games for a new red model and wanted to know if I could register both, since I doubt he really cares about getting Club Nintendo stuff. (I haven't mentioned it to him yet, though.)
Yeah, you should be able to do that with a family account. I'm not 100% sure if you can register multiple systems, but I know you can register multiple copies of the same game that way.

Also, ha, you're going to get coins for anything he buys on the eShop. :p

Roto13 said:
Yeah, you should be able to do that with a family account. I'm not 100% sure if you can register multiple systems, but I know you can register multiple copies of the same game that way.

Also, ha, you're going to get coins for anything he buys on the eShop. :p

Nah, I unlinked it. We made the swap as cleanly as possible. I even set him up with a Club Nintendo account and let him register my 3DS for coins just as I had registered mine. I've since re-registered my new red one on my own account, so it might be hosed for the warranty extension, but hopefully Nintendo will still honor the original year even if it's registered to two accounts.

I wish Nintendo had a "Discontinued Items" section so we know what's not there anymore that used to be.

Sometimes I'll check the rewards and I won't see something that I swore I saw a week or two before, and I don't know if my mind is making the item up or it just got discontinued.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
AbsoluteZero said:
I wish Nintendo had a "Discontinued Items" section so we know what's not there anymore that used to be.
Sometimes I'll check the rewards and I won't see something that I swore I saw a week or two before, and I don't know if my mind is making the item up or it just got discontinued.

The Club Nintendo Code Spreadsheet (http://codebook.potchgult.com/clubnintendo/) lists all items, including expired ones, on the final page.

Unless we're missing one. Someone let me know if that's the case.

Intend-to-buy for Professor Layton and the Last Specter is up.

09-17-11

Professor Layton and the Last Specter launches 10/17/2011! Tell us you intend-to-buy before 10/10/2011 to receive extra Coins when you register it! Learn more.

Ordered the Hanafuda cards the other day. Didnt really feel like anything else came close. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them once I get them though.

Jzero

Do all games have post play surveys? i haven't gotten some for old games that i barely registered.

Neuromancer said:
Ordered the Hanafuda cards the other day. Didnt really feel like anything else came close. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them once I get them though.
i still haven't ordered anything besides the little double sided pouches.

Clipper

Jzero15 said:
Do all games have post play surveys? i haven't gotten some for old games that i barely registered.

i still haven't ordered anything besides the little double sided pouches.
Post-plays don't appear until a week after you register them.

Clipper

Just got around to doing the Layton ItB. They've really changed up the surveys for this game, redoing almost all the questions. There's new questions of how long you intend to wait before buying as well as if you're going to go used or not and so on.

Mudkips

Banned
FYI for those of you with a $20 credit from OoT.

The $20 credit expires soon, and if you're looking to pick up a game that you can register on Club Nintendo, Pilotwings and one of the Nintendogs version was just changed to $19.99 today.

Thus with free shipping, the game is free, and you can get free Club Nintendo points (if you don't own both already and don't want anything else on the list).

Mudkips said:

The $20 credit expires soon, and if you're looking to pick up a game that you can register on Club Nintendo, Pilotwings and one of the Nintendogs version was just changed to $19.99 today.

Thus with free shipping, the game is free, and you can get free Club Nintendo points (if you don't own both already and don't want anything else on the list).
Nice. Pilotwings is a no brainer for $20.

Mudkips said:

Even better solution. Pre-order a 3DS game. Then e-mail customer service telling them you want the credit to apply. It will be done. I got it for Super Mario 3D Land!

---------------

For all Club Nintendo Japan Members, the 2011 Club Year will end on Friday, September 30th! Get yourself to Gold or Platinum now before then! I hope the reward doesn't suck this year. I just spent 300 yen on a new Wii game to get 20 points in order for me to reach platinum. The game was the google search game called and kensaku.

Did you guys see the new Club Nintendo Japan items? Three new Pastel colored touch-pens!

p129_l.jpg
p130_l.jpg
p131_l.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom