• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem 3DS coming to NA

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
WHOEVER THE FUCK THE PR TEAM IS FOR NINTENDO, FIRE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM. YOU HAVE AN E3 CONFERENCE TO ANNOUNCE SHIT LIKE THIS. YOU HAVE A 3DS CONFERENCE TO ANNOUNCE SHIT LIKE THIS. FIRE THEM ALL. EVISCERATE THEIR ASSES.

Nintendo's PR team is awesome. This has everything to do with marketing and nothing to do with PR.

NeonZ

I'm really glad to see this. I really couldn't stand to never see a translation for this game...

frequency

Maybe if they actually promoted the series more, it'd do better over here.
I'm not sure promoting would be worth it, financially speaking. How well did Dragon Quest and Monster Hunter do for Nintendo? Those were pretty well promoted I think?

In my perfect world, Fire Emblem and games like it would be at the forefront. But sadly, the market disagrees.

No problem, but after the last couple of E3 conferences they always released their press kit with images and tentative releases dates for not-so-important games. For example, usually we would have English Layton 5 screens by now, and something like Fire Emblem would fit right next to it.

I think that Nintendo really doesn't think very many people care. Like, that Reggie just said it off hand when asked about it tells me they really don't put very much thought at all into fans like us. Like, it's not anything malicious or secretive or whatever on Nintendo's part. They just don't think it's worth mentioning.

If they really thought that mentioning it in either conference would've been a big deal, they would've done it right? Instead, Reggie seems to think it's just a throwaway thing.
I guess we can argue NoA is out of touch with a large portion of the fanbase.

But whatever. I'm just glad to see it's getting a localization. I hope it sells enough for Nintendo to take notice and devote more of their energy to the fans like us.

BD1

Banned
:) Thanks, NoA

... After the strangeness of this E3, I've decided Nintendo must hate this event, will pull out next year and only release news via ND, FaceBook, Twitter and Reggie fuck up reveals.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
That's actually not more proof.
They don't even have their facts straight, the 3DS conference happened today, and Totilo is not the one that had the conversation with Reggie.

Actually if you read Totilo's feed he was with Jason having the convo together.

TWEET

kurahador

yessssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kingdom Hearts, Luigi's Mansion & now this...3DS is so bought.

n why didn't they announce this on the conference again???? they got like 3 right??

Lunar15

As glad as I am to see that it's coming, it's still not an actual NEW GAME ANNOUNCEMENT. The fact that we have to hoop and holler about Nintendo localizing a game in a series we've already been given is more a reflection about how much trust was lost over the whole Operation Rainfall deal.

There's no real reason to be happy here. Nintendo's doing a bad job of having a relationship of trust with their consumers, and while it may not hit revenues immediately, I think it has a long term effect that'll bite them in the ass eventually.

Codeblue

It's not really surprising that Alberto knew since he's been in pretty much every Fire Emblem thread telling us that this was coming.

It's great to hear that Treehouse is handling this though, and it's crazy that Fire Emblem is trending.

Mistle

cross post from other thread:

SPSQf.png

feel free to make your own aliens-guy reggie: http://i.imgur.com/EiNlW.png

Grakl

That's actually not more proof.
They don't even have their facts straight, the 3DS conference happened today, and Totilo is not the one that had the conversation with Reggie.

Well, ShockingAlberto already knows the details, so it's happening, haha.

The "fire emblem won't come until 2013 so they didn't announce it" argument makes no sense. Paper Mario was shown at E3 2010 (2010!!) and Luigi's Mansion 3DS at E3 2011, but those won't come out until holiday 2012.

It's just incompetence. Even if FE didn't come until 2014, it would have been 100x better than threediots or whatever.

Okay, guys.

ShockingAlberto real-talk here.

E3 isn't what you think it is anymore, at least not for Nintendo. This isn't to say it's for casuals or hardcores or time travelers or whatever. It's a show, in the middle of the year, in an industry that no longer needs to depend on shows in the middle of the year. Ubisoft did the best this year because they happened to have a new IP ready, the timing was right after the AC3 reveal, the the Wii U NDAs let them reveal that game here this year. Not because E3 is Christmas.

Sony is pretty much the only one who still treats E3 like the event you guys want it to be and they are hilariously incompetent at it.

Look at all the games and publishers who pulled out this year. Their was more worth to spending time working on the games than taking a week out of your schedule and however many weeks before to getting a playable version of your game set up for E3. Even Capcom couldn't be bothered to really have a presence for their 2013 titles this year.

E3 is about the next six months. It is about the year it is in. In a world with high-speed connections and a site exclusively dedicated to show trailers of video games, E3 pressers are ways to build up hype for the games you can sell this year.

Santa Claus isn't real. And moreover, you no longer get presents on Christmas day. It sucks, but this is reality now.

zroid

Banned
Okay, guys.

E3 isn't what you think it is anymore, at least not for Nintendo. This isn't to say it's for casuals or hardcores or time travelers or whatever. It's a show, in the middle of the year, in an industry that no longer needs to depend on shows in the middle of the year. Ubisoft did the best this year because they happened to have a new IP ready, the timing was right after the AC3 reveal, the the Wii U NDAs let them reveal that game here this year. Not because E3 is Christmas.

Sony is pretty much the only one who still treats E3 like the event you guys want it to be and they are hilariously incompetent at it.

Look at all the games and publishers who pulled out this year. Their was more worth to spending time working on the games than taking a week out of your schedule and however many weeks before to getting a playable version of your game set up for E3. Even Capcom couldn't be bothered to really have a presence for their 2013 titles this year.

E3 is about the next six months. It is about the year it is in. In a world with high-speed connections and a site exclusively dedicated to show trailers of video games, E3 pressers are ways to build up hype for the games you can sell this year.

Santa Claus isn't real. And moreover, you no longer get presents on Christmas day. It sucks, but this is reality now.

never again :(

It honestly speaks volumes about this E3 in general

Boney

Banned
Okay, guys.

you should've told us earlier

clemenx

Banned
Okay, guys.

This is what I've beens saying for months and the 3 lackluster conferences only reinforced that opinion. E3 simply isn't THE EVENT anymore.

jman2050

Okay, guys.

Make a new thread, that would be a good place for discussion/bitching/crying about this.

Lunar15

Okay, guys.

Yeah, this confirms what I was really feeling about the conference. It doesn't mean that the industry has gone sour, just the event itself. The conference just doesn't make sense in these times.

So.....if Nintendo had put a video showcase of games that included Fire Emblem it would have made their E3 much better XD, seeing how quick this post became 6 pages XD.

NateDrake

Okay, guys.

Well said and fits my thoughts exactly.

E3 is a thing of the past. Companies will obviously use it to show new games to press, but with PAX East, PAX Prime, and other type of venues to demonstrate games to the public or press, E3 has lost the power it once held. Sad for us who look forward to this week each year, but the times are changing and E3 2012 is the E3 of the future.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Okay, guys.

Every now and then, you say something spot on.

Effect

Excellent news. I just hope we don't have to wait to long. I was becoming resigned to the idea that it just wasn't coming over.

Okay, guys.

Guess this was always known or suspected but not something one wants to accept. Especially with the Nintendo Direct Nintendo no longer really "needs" E3. Accepting this and realizing part of this earlier today after really thinking about why I was disappointed this year has gotten me over my somewhat panic at how this event went down in regard to Nintendo.

Kaizer

Banned
Hell yeah son, can't wait. Although it would've been nice to hear a mention of this during the conference. So far as games, I've got:

Castlevania: LoS - Mirror of Fate
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moons
Paper Mario Sticker Star
Kingdom Hearts 3D
Theaterhythm Final Fantasy
That 999 sequel game
Code of Princess
Fire Emblem
Heroes of Ruin
New Super Mario Bros.

Probably missed some others, but that's a pretty solid list of titles to me. Color me excited!

XeroSauce

To be honest I've never seen E3 as that big of a deal after so many years of disappointment. People set themselves up for this.

Ubisoft always "wins" E3 because they are good at timing their releases and conferences. Everyone else..it's just a big news segment for them, just a bunch of announcements at once.

Top Bottom