• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem 3DS coming to NA

Why didn't we hear about this at the show? Because they had to show us NSMB 1.5. Or was it the Wii game? Or Wii U game? I don't even know, they all look the same to me.

Anyway I'm glad it's coming. I have a soft spot for these games.

That's the real problem for me. It was completely out of the question that Fire Emblem Awakening would not come to the west, but I hate how much of an afterthought it is (among other things).
It's not one of Nintendo's top priorities. I get that, but is it too much to ask to let the most enthusiastic part of your fanbase know what's going to happen with a game like that? And maybe not take forever while you're at it?

frequency

As much as we love Fire Emblem here on GAF, it's a niche title. Nintendo is probably not too worried about niche fans in their conferences.

One piece of good news and they couldn't even bother to say it during the presentation. Good job Nintendo
I know, it's so ridiculous. I just cannot for the life of me understand NoA.

As much as we love Fire Emblem here on GAF, it's a niche title. Nintendo is probably not too worried about niche fans in their conferences.
I honestly don't think it has to be a niche title, though. Maybe if they would actually show some support for it the series would gain some new fans in NA.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
i'm gonna assume NoA is piggybacking on the NoE localization like they did with all the Operation Rainfall games.

I could be wrong, but didn't NoA's Shadow Dragon have a different localization than NoE's and it still came out three months later? There's an equally-high chance of Nintendo just not giving a fuck and putting Awakening on the absolute farthest backburner that they can as there is of them simply piggybacking.

i546K2dhvmdYP.gif

Best news of all E3!

Bullza2o

All they needed was to simply mention the game. Just saying "Hey guys, I hear you like Fire Emblem," and the whole world would have celebrated.

They should have copied Iwata's announcement of Smash Bros for Wii U, when even Sakurai didn't know about it (not sure If I'm correct here).

Nintendo, I give you thanks for wiping my wallet clean with your games.

Paper Mario, Luigi's Mansion, New Super Mario Bros. 2, etc, etc, etc... FIRE EMBLEM! :D

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Some of the best news outta E3. This is exactly what I wanted and I got it.

Paper Mario, Luigi's Mansion, and Mickey.
Fix'd. And Zero Escape and Code of Princess.

frequency said:
Maybe if they actually promoted the series more, it'd do better over here.

No problem, but after the last couple of E3 conferences they always released their press kit with images and tentative releases dates for not-so-important games. For example, usually we would have English Layton 5 screens by now, and something like Fire Emblem would fit right next to it.

bon

What's the next game that we can assume NOA isn't releasing until they announce it a couple months later?

It's one fucking line. No one was able to say it at either conference where thousands were watching? One line? Who gives a shit if it isn't a 2012 title. Jesus Christ.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Seems like a 2013 title if they didn't mention it in the Conference just now. Damn, that would have made 2012 an epic fuckin year for 3DS.

What's the next game that we can assume NOA isn't releasing until they announce it a couple months later?

So far they have released all of their games in all regions on 3DS so I think we have a safe bet to get most games unless it's Tomadachi Collection

Top Bottom