• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem 3DS coming to NA

AGITΩ

...why wasnt this at the conference? Everything else we already expected. This would've turned the conference around.

Derrick01

Banned
Why didn't we hear about this at the show? Because they had to show us NSMB 1.5. Or was it the Wii game? Or Wii U game? I don't even know, they all look the same to me.

Anyway I'm glad it's coming. I have a soft spot for these games.

Why didn't they say anything at the conference? Is it not coming until next year? Why would it take almost a year to release it in the west? What's going on? And where is Layton? I just don't understand.

Ragus

Banned
fire_emblem_awakening_europe.jpg

From last Nintendo Direct.

So, Europe is getting it earlier?

Gravijah

AGITΩ;38625649 said:
...why wasnt this at the conference? Everything else we already expected. This would've turned the conference around.

'cause it's fire emblem and it'll probably hit wal mart clearance bins within a few months. :(

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Why in the flying fuck did they not announce this in the 3DS presentation.

Emitan

So it takes a year to localize a game now? Not like it would cannibalize sales as the people that want FE are going to get it either way and the casuals were never going to get FE anyways.

Have you seen the 3DS's release schedule this holiday?

It seems they're trying to not mention ANYTHING that isn't hitting this year.

I hope they realize this is a failed experiment after the backlash they will get.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I genuinely don't understand why they dedicated the vast majority of not one, but two conferences to things we already knew about. I appreciate the gameplay demos, especially in the 3DS conference but the complete lack of novelty was incredible.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Seems like if you want stuff that's more core focused and you want it on a regular time schedule at least as far as handhelds go it's iOS or bust right now. If you are on the 3ds or Vita bandwagon much like on the DS/PSP your still stuck with either not getting certain titles localized or else waiting like a year if not more for localization.

Lame :|

I cannot believe Fire Emblem is not worthy enough to be mentioned in a conference. I'm happy as fuck that it's coming; ecstatic. This is one of the best announcements for me.

Teknoman

I guess this really is Nintendo not trying to show up third parties...but it still doesnt make for good looks at conferences.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Well, I'm happy.

I'm still disappointed that they didn't talk about this sort of thing (with just a logo, even!) during the conference. It's one of their IPs so it should at least be mentioned.

iammeiam

Only thing I can think that they wouldn't highlight it is because it's 2013 and beyond.

The lack of a '2013 and beyond...' slide at the 3DS conference is just weird. It would have taken, like, ten seconds to flash up a list of things they plan to release here next year. Wouldn't have taken away from the rest of the conference at all.

LOCK

It is probably a January or February title, hopefully, so this is probably why it wasn't mentioned. Same goes for lots of third party titles.

Instro

It seems they're trying to not mention ANYTHING that isn't hitting this year.

I hope they realize this is a failed experiment after the backlash they will get.

In theory its a sounds idea, talk about stuff coming soon so as to not overshadow them with larger announcements of games down the line....if you didn't hype up mega conferences like they did with E3 lol. I'm guessing they will start talking about 2013 stuff in their fall conference.

Levyne

Banned
It is probably a January or February title, hopefully, so this is probably why it wasn't mentioned. Same goes for lots of third party titles.

Is it bad that I think "Jan or Feb" is optimistic?

That said, I'm just glad it's coming.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Okay, I've calmed down and I'm excited this is coming.

Still, if the reason they ignored it is that they're releasing it in 2013, that's pretty lame planning. Hell, for all their franchises and third party titles.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
AGITΩ;38625649 said:

threediots.png

TL4E

The "fire emblem won't come until 2013 so they didn't announce it" argument makes no sense. Paper Mario was shown at E3 2010 (2010!!) and Luigi's Mansion 3DS at E3 2011, but those won't come out until holiday 2012.

It's just incompetence. Even if FE didn't come until 2014, it would have been 100x better than threediots or whatever.

Alex

Code of Princess, Zero Escape, etc didn't get mentioned or shown, it's a shame. Sure it's all niche but that fucking THREEDIOTS thing gets a hefty preview?

I would have paid fucking DLC money to not have to have seen that shit.

Twisted priorities, really.

Top Bottom