• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for February 2013 [Up5: Dead Space 3, Crysis 3, Official PS3/WiiU]

Hiltz

Iwata: Hello, Reggie-san. How did Wii U do this month ?

Reggie: Oh, Mr. Iwata-san. I'm afraid it's not good. Not good at all.

Iwata: I see. Well, Reggie-san, you know that we are selling Wii U at a loss right now. Nintendo has been experiencing hard times due to the poor hardware and software sales, and the shareholders are not happy. Sacrifices must now be made. We can't do what we did with the 3DS again, and I never had any real plans to resign, you know that, right ?

Reggie: I understand.

Iwata: Someone will be coming for you. [hangs up phone]

*10 minutes later*

Reggie: [someone knocking on his door] ...I knew it was going to be you. I'm ready now.

Unknown assailant: Iwata sends his regards. Any last request?

Reggie: J-Just don't do it in the face. I promised my mothe.. [Bang!]

Unknown assailant: Hasta la vista, Reggie-san. Bill's back from his vacation.

What would NPD do to creamsugar if he leaked the actual NPD data here every month? Would they demand Evilore hand over his personal info so they could press charges on him? Would Evilore be forced by law to hand over said information to the NPD group?

probably. they could also go after him via his twitter.

entremet

MGS really needed another HD installment after MGS4 to revive the fan base, but Kojima had to waste his time with that Peace Walker garbage, damaging the relevance of the brand.

BY2K

Membero Americo
MGSR fucking sucks. Americans spit on that filth.

You could at least get the name right...

And you might want to back that claim up with opinions and such before I start thinking you either sucked at the game or never played it to begin with.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I completely forgot a Brain Training game came out this month. That said, Nintendo must have expected it to bomb since they didn't even try to advertise it.

I'm liking the numbers for FE, but the real shocker here is that Shadow Dragon sold 250k units. The fuck??

Nintendo shipped 250k of SD initially. It bombed. Then over the last 3 years it was gradually sold at a sharp discount until retailers finally sold through it all.

DaBoss

MGR sold more in Japan on a single console than it did in America on two.

14ui442jpga4u48.gif

Fucking dudebros

I don't like how this gif is has the guy looking at me, but it is an appropriate reaction. :p

I don't even live in the US, I live in Canada. :p

Mikey Jr.

What would NPD do to creamsugar if he leaked the actual NPD data here every month? Would they demand Evilore hand over his personal info so they could press charges on him? Would Evilore be forced by law to hand over said information to the NPD group? And it's also surprising to me that the numbers don't get leaked on 4chan considering the numbers have to be in the hands of hundreds of people in the industry. NPD does a good job of containing that information I guess.

Mods wouldn't allow it, probably ban him.

Thats my guess.

Korigama

And you might want to back that claim up with opinions and such before I start thinking you either sucked at the game or never played it to begin with.
I doubt anyone still calling it MGS:R actually played it. Because yeah, that cancelled game did suck, which is why a good one was made in its place (no one with eyes would confuse the two).

I'm not sure why people are that surprised with the Wii - even at 115K it would still be down around 50% y/y.

Also, N.B. the PSP number for January I posted was courtesy of creamsugar in the January thread.

Majanew

Banned

Demo was all I needed to see how the gameplay is.

Fool me once... shame on you.
Fool me twice... shame on me.

I fell into the trap with 3DS and became an Ambassador. I did not make the same mistake with Wii U.
I sure did, both times. I don't know though, I have friends over every other week or so, have a couple beers, and play NSMBU or Nintendo Land. That's pretty fun but was it worth not waiting for a price drop? Kinda?
Literally every console is like this. I can't think of anything that had amazing games just after launch but pre 3 or 4 months out.
People seem to forget PS3's first year. IIRC it had 7 exclusives. Killzone 2, Heavenly Sword, Warhawk (mp only but fun), and Motorstorm were the only ones of note / worth getting IMO. I'm just saying, if you're going to hate on Nintendo for the Wii U, hate on them for their lack of third party games, not first.

Mr. Fix

Nintendo shipped 250k of SD initially. It bombed. Then over the last 3 years it was gradually sold at a sharp discount until retailers finally sold through it all.

Ah, well that puts things into perspective. Thanks. I'm still salty about the lack of New Mystery.

Top Bottom