• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA4 + iCEnhancer mod. Holy mother of god.

Sethos

Banned
Okay, last post ... for now, I swear.

No car pack is complete without Elanor.

267449115.png

That's around 10 cars replaced today, will be doing some later and a few tomorrow. Might do a limited test this weekend, see if it even works on other people's computers. Car packs have a history of being very picky.

Is there a way to modify the car spawn rate such that lambo's don't spawn everywhere? One thing that irked me about GTAIV was that certain cars would never spawn unless you got into one of them, then they'd spawn all over the place. If my car is a freakin lambo, I shouldn't see everyone else on the road drive the same goddamn thing.

Veritas_

ScRYeD said:
How my config going for you, if ya want a few more fps (though you won't get much more) go ot the iceconfig file down to
[SHADOW]
FilterQuality=0 = 0 is best quality shadows and 2 is the worst looking shadows
CharacterShadowMultiplier=2.0 = lower this a bit
CarShadowMultiplier=2.0 = lower this a bit

Love it so far, the most natural looking one I've used.

MMaRsu said:
So I read somewhere the guy who makes this mod has been working on a Ps3 compatible version? That would be so sick...

Ofcourse the texture mods and the cars wont work.. or do they?

seems so. there's already some ps3 ports of the mod but the timecyc file seems to kill the framerate. also, no texture or model swaps for the ps3 version due to incompatible formats. hopefully somebody is working on a pc to ps3 converter.

everything else can be modified using openiv

Sethos

Banned
Got a quick question, is the Ken Block focus too vulgar in place of the 'rare' Sultan RS? Only reason I'm doing it, Sultan RS you rarely ever see, don't think it's part of traffic? Plus it's hard to find a 'crazy' car as a replacement.

Even brewed up my own Rally-ish snappy handling for it.

904260947.png

Oh and here's a Super GT replacement teaser

898197617.png

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Gully State said:
This thread makes me want to upgrade my Q9550+5850 even though for 99% of the games, it runs better than fine (I've been mainly playing Portal 2 and Terraria lately and for those two games my rig is overkill).

Hehe, tell me about it. My i7 950 can run it but I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to upgrade to a Sandy Bridge 2600k

On a semi-related note, can anyone tell me how to play GTA IV online even with the xlivelless.dll?

Randy

Those rocks at the side of the highway are just extremely pwetty. Now for some custom cars.

o0309j.jpg

Peeking into living rooms with headlights.

oszg41.jpg

MMaRsu

Banned
Wax Free Vanilla said:
seems so. there's already some ps3 ports of the mod but the timecyc file seems to kill the framerate. also, no texture or model swaps for the ps3 version due to incompatible formats. hopefully somebody is working on a pc to ps3 converter.

everything else can be modified using openiv

It would be so sick to see some PC to Ps3 conversions of cars and textures, as well as lighting :D. I know it's just a pipe dream though..

ScRYeD

isamu said:
Hehe, tell me about it. My i7 950 can run it but I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to upgrade to a Sandy Bridge 2600k

On a semi-related note, can anyone tell me how to play GTA IV online even with the xlivelless.dll?

If ya wanna go online I heard yaasil adi loader lets you online. So delete xliveless and put in yaasil.

Sethos I got a question, have you test crashed the audi r8. I always test crash the mods I get cause sometimes there are stuff missing from the models and crash your game like it did for me. Are you using 1.0.4 or 1.0.7?

I finished putting togeather all those fun gta4 mods i was using.

Just need to upload it all now and make a video. I'll also make two sets, one with icehancer im using and one without so you can add whatever ice/enb your using.

Sethos

Banned
ScRYeD said:
Sethos I got a question, have you test crashed the audi r8. I always test crash the mods I get cause sometimes there are stuff missing from the models and crash your game like it did for me. Are you using 1.0.4 or 1.0.7?

I drive and crash every model I install, to make sure they aren't having any adverse effects on the game's stability either. The R8 is gone as well, an Audi RS5 might make its way in there.

And it's built on 1.0.4.0, almost inclined to say 'obviously' :p

However I will be learning the ins- and outs of the handling file because I'm using mostly creators handling files, there's just no streamlining with all the cars, some lower end models driver faster and better than many higher end models. So I'll learn every handling attribute, will do a log for every car whether they are too fast, too light, accelerate too quickly etc. and then create a unified handling for all the cars that makes sense.

ScRYeD

The R8 crashes if I don't have epm 1.4 installed. With epm the bonnet flew off if you got to a certain speed, other than that it felt like it was on ice while driving.

Anyone wanna test out for me my GTA 4 mod pack for patch version 1.0.4.0?

Its a collection of gameplay mods I've been using which people had asked for a while back which you can combine with your own ENB/Icenhancer and I just need some people to make sure its working all ok.

PM me.....

projectmayhem

Neo Member
Nearly got it now, only problem I have is that dark areas are too dark. I've fiddled with most of the settings in the config but can't seem to make any improvements.

Also, any tips to improve FPS?

Sethos

Banned
ScRYeD said:
The R8 crashes if I don't have epm 1.4 installed. With epm the bonnet flew off if you got to a certain speed, other than that it felt like it was on ice while driving.

Runs perfectly for me with no epm. Plus, the two default handling models are crap, used one of my own that is a nice balance of speed, grip and fun - Perfect for the R8.

And yes, I can recommend H1Vltg3's settings. Really cleans up the image, keeps all the great effects and gets you some performance. I recommend turning off SSAO in the config as that's a 5+ FPS boost right there.

During the daytime the pavement and mostly everything in sunlight is way too saturated and bright. I don't want to turn off skylighting so can anyone recommend another solution? I'm not sure what settings to lower.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Sethos said:
Today's little preview of my car-pack, lower end models.

860170758.png
140643924.png

522621712.png
738010243.png

327948407.png

Those cars look nothng short of amazing. It makes you think that Kaz and the guy at Polyphony Digital should have hired the makers of these car mods, as they look better than the cars provided in GT5! Good job indeed.

Oh yeah I forgot to ask...is there a way to play GTA IV online, even with the ICE mods? I know xliveless.dll prohibits online play, but is there a way to get around that?

beast786

isamu said:

Those cars look nothng short of amazing. It makes you think that Kaz and the guy at Polyphony Digital should have hired the makers of these car mods, as they look better than the cars provided in GT5! Good job indeed.

Oh yeah I forgot to ask...is there a way to play GTA IV online, even with the ICE mods? I know xliveless.dll prohibits online play, but is there a way to get around that?

Kaz was working with 256MB of RAM.

Allard

isamu said:

The GT5 models are the most detailed and true to life models you will likely ever find, it was the PS3 that held the models back. He had to work with less RAM and an inferior (although still good) lighting system. The models were scaled back to meet the demands of the target platform but were designed to be used in the next generation of consoles without much issue. (Takes forever to make a model so they went out of their to future proof them so they never had to do it again.)

Mr_Brit

Banned
isamu said:

I'm pretty sure these cars are ripped from the highest LOD Forza 3 models.

Sethos

Banned
elseanio, yes I am, that's the plan. Will just take a while to find a lot of quality models and then I have to tweak each car's handling.

And yes, a lot of the models are from Forza 3 which is quite impressive.

Jobacca

Neo Member
Trying to tweak my settings. It's way too bright in game. What should I tone down? Also, I thought I read earlier in the thread that 0 is highest. Is that true? If so, whats the max number I can go to for lowest settings?

It just seems that when I turn it on, it just makes everything brighter. Not really enhance anything.

This is my night time:
http://i56.tinypic.com/abaf6.jpg

ScRYeD

Some Hi res cars for Sethos if ya want them.

Self explanitory
ice2011_7_21_20_42_22g4ki.png
ice2011_7_21_19_55_42dtb7.png

http://files.gtainside.com/downloads/ftpe/1281997557_RR.rar

Holden HSV '09 - Aussie Car
ice2011_7_21_20_5_36uop8.png
ice2011_7_21_20_6_52fpkx.png

http://files.gtainside.com/downloads/ftpf/1286200392_GtaMania.ru Holden HSV W427.rar

Jobacca said:
Trying to tweak my settings. It's way too bright in game. What should I tone down? Also, I thought I read earlier in the thread that 0 is highest. Is that true? If so, whats the max number I can go to for lowest settings?

It just seems that when I turn it on, it just makes everything brighter. Not really enhance anything.
It's the highest for some settings, go to this website for more info http://gtabay.cba.pl/index_dokumentacja_gta4_en.htm

Sethos

Banned
ScRYeD said:
Some Hi res cars for Sethos if ya want them.

Yeah, thanks man, will check them out. Still need replacements for all the SUVs so it's perfect.

This goes for everyone, I do take suggestions for car models that are high res and have a proper handling model included. I will be tweaking all cars manually when I get closer to completion but I'd like a proper handling model that doesn't require any or much work at all.

At some point this weekend I'll upload a list of all the cars I have replaced and which I haven't, then I can get some feedback on cars I could replace certain models with :)

ScRYeD

Jobacca said:
Thanks!

Now, is everyone just using this or using it with better city textures?

I'm using RealismIV 6.2 minus the gtxd file. you can find what i gtxd.img (road and some misc textures.) a few pages back.

Jobacca

Neo Member
Alright I have no idea what happened.

Edited some ice.config settings and now my game resolution is 2227 x 1252 lol. Can't change it either. Ideas?

ScRYeD

Jobacca said:
Alright I have no idea what happened.

Edited some ice.config settings and now my game resolution is 2227 x 1252 lol. Can't change it either. Ideas?

Did you change any of these settings.
ForceAntialiasing
ForceDisplaySize
It's one of these I thinks or both.

ScRYeD

Sethos said:
Yeah, thanks man, will check them out. Still need replacements for all the SUVs so it's perfect.

This goes for everyone, I do take suggestions for car models that are high res and have a proper handling model included. I will be tweaking all cars manually when I get closer to completion but I'd like a proper handling model that doesn't require any or much work at all.

At some point this weekend I'll upload a list of all the cars I have replaced and which I haven't, then I can get some feedback on cars I could replace certain models with :)

You probably already found these but just incase.
Handling.dat explained.
http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=381895

Handling editor
http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=385566

First time using a car mod.

I present the Efijy Holden Concept.
gtaiv2011-07-2019-03-2uth6.jpg

gtaiv2011-07-2204-58-2jt1d.jpg

Really do love the look of this car, handling is good, though turning corners at high speeds ends up turning the car over which isn't so good. But I won't be using it for chases, so it doesn't really matter.

Randy

I must say, the creators of these mods (ICE, cars, Big City Textures) really did a fine job. I finally appreciate GTAIV. Probably my inner bad "graphical whore" who is popping up every now and then.

Sethos

Banned
Well, I've been messing with the SultanRS replacement which I'm settling on the Ken Block Ford Fiesta. Spent a good two hours almost to tweak it to my liking, an agile, snappy little car and I seem to have nailed it pretty well. Due to some engine limitations it isn't everything I'd like but for a road racer / Gymkhana car I nailed it pretty well.

Here's a little preview video, not sure if the handling really shows in videos but one thing is sure, I suck at driving it but man, it's so much fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHLUdIYhY28

Looking good, especially over the fact that it doesnt have a crapton of bodyroll like some cars do, looks stable.

Will this pack work with EFLC as well?

Im halfway through replaying GTA4 wondering wether to stop and wait.

Sethos said:
Well, I've been messing with the SultanRS replacement which I'm settling on the Ken Block Ford Fiesta. Spent a good two hours almost to tweak it to my liking, an agile, snappy little car and I seem to have nailed it pretty well. Due to some engine limitations it isn't everything I'd like but for a road racer / Gymkhana car I nailed it pretty well.

Here's a little preview video, not sure if the handling really shows in videos but one thing is sure, I suck at driving it but man, it's so much fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHLUdIYhY28

Looks good...do you usually play with the traffic density cranked to 0 or did you just do that for demonstration purposes? I'm curious how much traffic density affects framerate.

Sethos

Banned
TheLegendOfMart said:
Looking good, especially over the fact that it doesnt have a crapton of bodyroll like some cars do, looks stable.

Will this pack work with EFLC as well?

Im halfway through replaying GTA4 wondering wether to stop and wait.

I have no idea, to be honest. I'm building this on vanilla 1.0.4.0, so everything besides that is purely experimental. However, the pack is far from finished so no need to wait. Still a lot of cars to replace and even more handling configs to tweak.

Gully State said:
Looks good...do you usually play with the traffic density cranked to 0 or did you just do that for demonstration purposes? I'm curious how much traffic density affects framerate.

Haven't touched traffic density, that's just a trainer option to disable pedestrians and traffic. Tend to do that a lot, just love driving around empty streets and have fun. Haven't noticed the framerate when doing it though.

DJ88

Can't believe everyone just seems to ignore The English Conquistador's pics. Amazing stuff man, keep them coming.

Top Bottom