• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - input lag now? if you want a reskinned COD4, go play WaW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fizzle

Woah wait. :lol

Was the person who said "SORRY I'm NEW!" on the Justin TV video using a an Official Playstation Headset? Or was it in-game audio?

Cerberus

Kagari said:
Killzone 2 bundle at $299. Make it happen.

Doesn't KZ2 release before Sony's fiscal year is over though? I don't think they'll do a price drop.

Sony just needs to advertise the fuck out of this game. They better make it their biggest marketing campaign ever.

kenta said:
Deathmatch, assassination, capture the flag, a Battlefield-style mode where you occupy certain points on the map, and a mode where you plant C4 to blow up specific structures

Nice! I totally dig battlefield-style gameplay.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Cerberus said:
Doesn't KZ2 release before Sony's fiscal year is over though? I don't think they'll do a price drop.

Sony just needs to advertise the fuck out of this game. They better make it their biggest marketing campaign ever.

BELIEVE

_leech_ said:
Nice! I totally dig battlefield-style gameplay.

I'm just really hoping the ironsights are as well done as they are in battlefield.

However, I have reason to doubt :/ I think it's in the gamepro campaign video (think that's the one). He picks up a bolt-action rifle and zooms in the ironsights.
The gun is positioned way at the bottom of the screen, smack-dab in the middle.

UGH

That's not how you do it.

JB1981

My Arms Your Hearse said:
I'm just really hoping the ironsights are as well done as they are in battlefield.

However, I have reason to doubt :/ I think it's in the gamepro campaign video (think that's the one). He picks up a bolt-action rifle and zooms in the ironsights.

UGH

If you're talking about teh sniper rifle, it's probably the best sniper rifle ever. You don't know what you're talking about

Dante

i35l5x.gif

What!?!??!! I just don't get how they are so far ahead of the fukkin curve 0_o

[/QUOTE]

I hate to say this, but I've kinda lost faith in their marketing campaigns after LBP, I know people keep saying that there is more ads coming at the end of November, but so far its been just another ad campaign :/ Come on Sony , please prove me wrong.

jett

D-Member

UGH

Ironsights in this game are fucking awesome, I don't know what are you talking about.

Amazing is not the word to describe this game's graphics. I can't think of a word, actually.

Will graphics-whores finally be appeased?

This game is the reason I'm holding off on other FPS's. I want to give KZ2 my undivided attention when it releases in February.

Dante

mountain_duwe said:
Amazing is not the word to describe this game's graphics. I can't think of a word, actually.

Will graphics-whores finally be appeased?

This game is the reason I'm holding off on other FPS's.
I want to give KZ2 my undivided attention when it releases in February.

Project Origin might want to consider another delay :lol

Melfice7

stuburns said:
"You're so good looking"

Whoever picks up that reference is a good human being.

Seinfeld? :p

The graphics whore in me is pleased, and the gameplay whore is pleased as well.. it feels sooo good

lolfeelsgood.jpg

Shodan

Banned
Dante said:
Project Origin might want to consider another delay :lol

I'm really looking forward to Project Origin too...hmmm.

I just hope to God they don't announce some exclusive 360 shit at the last minute, a frustrating occurrence as of late.

After the disappointing narrative in R2, I can only hope K2 delivers.

Not only the graphics, but I've heard nothing but good things from the lucky bastards who got into the Beta. I've always been tracking this game, but that first multiplayer trailer got me really excited for this game. The classes and roles(snipers get cloaking ability, another class gets the ability to install gun-turrets, etc) really make this game seem strategic.

A strategic FPS? I've never played one...maybe because I only really started playing FPS's since I got a PS3, and no one ever uses their mic in games besides SOCOM.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Dante said:
Who gives a shit, I know I wouldn't want to miss out on this, I just want it NAO!!!!!!

Crazy sales-age people care! :lol

I want it now too. 2008 needs to end soon.

jett said:
Ironsights in this game are fucking awesome, I don't know what are you talking about.

Well, I refrenced the video... so that's what I'm talking about. I don't know if all guns are like that, but I certainly hope not. When you shoot a gun it's not dangling out directly in the center of your vision. And while some people may like the fact that this gun in particular lets you see a wide periphery, I don't. It distracts from aiming and is totally unrealistic.

Edit: It's actually this video: http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/po...cs_Are_Undisputed_Winner_Have_Some_Flaws.html

mr_nothin

Banned
Playing this game with no hud and still owning is sooo fun.

Turning hud off gives a whole 'nother experience.
I hope they include a server-side option to force no hud.

mr_nothin

Banned
Well, I refrenced the video... so that's what I'm talking about. I don't know if all guns are like that, but I certainly hope not. When you shoot a gun it's not dangling out directly in the center of your vision. And while some people may like the fact that this gun in particular lets you see a wide periphery, I don't. It distracts from aiming and is totally unrealistic.

Edit: It's actually this video: http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/po...cs_Are_Undisputed_Winner_Have_Some_Flaws.html
When you have 1 eye closes...it's in the center of your vision ;)

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
I usually hate when people say this about a gameplay vid, but that guy in the GT vids fucking sucked. He made the game looked so boring. It was like looking at a spectator cam.

Calcaneus

Man, after hearing good things from people in the beta, and seeing these gifs, I'm legitimately excited for this game.

There needs to be a demo.

h3ro

I really hope they add a campaign co-op mode to this, or at least they rip off R2's MMO style co-op style... either I'm getting really old, or I'm just tired of competitive multiplayer shooters...

Calcaneus said:
There needs to be a demo.

There is one, we're just not one of the chosen few to get in on the action...

Killzone is like my favorite FPS ever, and I've taken so much grief over it. I so badly want to rub Killzone 2 in everybody's faces. Am I a bad person by nature, or did they make me bad?

Shodan

Banned
sykoex said:
I usually hate when people say this about a gameplay vid, but that guy in the GT vids fucking sucked. He made the game looked so boring. It was like looking at a spectator cam.

No its ok, they were a special sort of shit. GT recruiting coders straight from Kindercare confirmed.

Nizz

mr_nothin said:

I was looking to turn the hud off but I don't see it in the options menu. Unless I'm really blind...

BruceLeeRoy said:
OMGGGG! Good damn this game is just killing me with every passing day. My jaws on the floor from that gif, there was another video where the player looked up at the sky...and the wires moving with the rumbling clouds and lightning...oh man...

SSM25

I'm sure the media was ready to eat this game alive just before release, now they will think twice before ridiculing Sony about target renders. I hope they pay this time, last gen they got a free pass when the ps2 met the target renders.

SSM25 said:
I'm sure the media was ready to eat this game alive just before release, now they will think twice before ridiculing Sony about target renders. I hope they pay this time, last gen they got a free pass when the ps2 met the target renders.

I would hope not. I would hope that the target renders are confined to the dustbin of history and the game is judge purely on what it brings to the table here and now (or soon to be now).

SSM25

Die Squirrel Die said:
I would hope not. I would hope that the target renders are confined to the dustbin of history and the game is judge purely on what it brings to the table here and now (or soon to be now).

Well, maybe the killzone we see today is only a reality because the stratospheric goals set by that target render?, maybe.

mr_nothin said:

Wow. Didn't know you could turn off hud.

That is a badass feature. Love it.

all this gif really make me think, just like how Burnout popularize sparks, Killzone will totally popularize dust, ashes, and maybe rubble. expect to see this stuff in any future fps:lol (with varying degree of success of course)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom