• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - input lag now? if you want a reskinned COD4, go play WaW

Status
Not open for further replies.
nw0boi.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
-viper- said:
Those GT videos are awesome. The graphics look better than anything I've seen. The lighting is out of the world, the image quality is superb and the textures also look fantastic.

Honestly, nothing comes close. I cannot believe these are the MP graphics. Looks better than almost ANY other game (SP included).

Yep. MP GRAPHIX.

MP

GRAPHIX.

RAWR.
gladtomeetya.gif

Wollan said:
I'm simply awestruck by those Gametrailer videos.

And I'm talking about the playing ability of the staff. I swear, my nongaming sister could have played better than this.

The gametrailers videos suck compared to the ones on digital foundry. I still have them saved to my HDD...but, he's since taken them down :(

They were direct-feed, and they were amazing.

Note: Unfortunately, Sony Europe has requested that we take down the videos and screenshots that accompanied this feature. Many apologies to the Killzone fans out there.

KZObsessed

Private Hoffman said:
The gametrailers videos suck compared to the ones on digital foundry. I still have them saved to my HDD...but, he's since taken them down :(

Note: Unfortunately, Sony Europe has requested that we take down the videos and screenshots that accompanied this feature. Many apologies to the Killzone fans out there.

Are these them?

http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=33708

mr_nothin

Banned
Rapping Granny said:
GamePro Impressions and video is up

http://www.gamepro.com/article/previews/207900/killzone-2-beta-impressions/

The guy playing here is much much better than the GT guy.
Awesome video, laughed when he got blown up by the grenade.

After watching that, I can see how people might think it takes too many bullets to kill.
He doesnt even zoom in...

Hazaro said:
Apparently blood seeps from you when you die.

http://www.justin.tv/clip/10d51f65364
You should see where the rest of the blood ended up while he was getting shot.
XD

Some of the hallways i've seen after a fe people have been killed in them....a blood mess.

Yoboman

Wollan said:
. Initial whispered SP impressions go from "I absolutely love it, I've never seen something like this. Props Guerrilla, you did it!" to "Fucking excellent game, there's more variety in the gameplay than you'd think in the beginning".
Who said that?

StuBurns

Banned
-viper- said:
Not just FPS games to be honest. I think the MP graphics annihilate every other console game.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/42701.html

This video is brilliant, although the guy playing is awful.
It's true, the game is easily the best looking thing on consoles. And the SP is more impressive than the MP video I've seen. The levels are huge and open, you can see full blown war going on around you, which makes it appear far more alive, it's really hard to believe how good it looks.

mr_nothin

Banned
Yoboman said:
Who said that?
The same guy on gaf that was pretty negative about the SP portion of KZ2.
The same guy who couldnt aim and throw grenades.

That same guy...said that a few days ago.

There's just so much that impresses me about this game. Everything from the lighting, the character models, the animation, the object oriented motion blur all the way to the freaking shaders used for metal. I've never seen such accurate looking metal. The game blows me away visually. Every impression about the actual gameplay makes my anticipation grow even higher. I cannot wait until this thing gets on my TV. Thank god I have LBP and R2 to keep me occupied until then. From what I'm hearing, this might become my next MAJOR time sink.

mr_nothin

Banned
FFObsessed said:
*shoots teammate in face*

"What the HELL?!?!?"

"SORRY I'm NEW!"

:lol :lol
:lol

Also, I cant believe I'm still watching videos of the game being played (and actually enjoying them) while I have the game at the Pregame lobby..right behind me(right in the middle of a match).

I know what TTP meant when he said he does the same thing.
It's weird

BeeDog

One thing these videos show that two things need to be urgently fixed (since I bet people will point that out as weaknesses):

1) the extremely long delay between killing an opponent and the opponent's reaction animation kicking in. I don't mind a SMALL delay (like in some singleplayer videos, it makes it more action movie-y imo), but in these videos it takes too long.

2) Also, the shift from preset death animations, to ragdoll/creeping animation. It looks horrible when a character timewarps between these two. :lol

Otherwise, damn this game looks good.

StuBurns

Banned
Fenderputty said:
There's just so much that impresses me about this game. Everything from the lighting, the character models, the animation, the object oriented motion blur all the way to the freaking shaders used for metal. I've never seen such accurate looking metal. The game blows me away visually. Every impression about the actual gameplay makes my anticipation grow even higher. I cannot wait until this thing gets on my TV. Thank god I have LBP and R2 to keep me occupied until then. From what I'm hearing, this might become my next MAJOR time sink.
That's all true, it does look unlike anything else. But the most impressive thing to me about this game is the sense of weight and feel the game has. I've never experienced a first person game that gives you such a sense of physicality. You can actually fell the fact you're wearing heavy stiff clothing and things. It's very strange.

Hazaro said:
So... Does Single Player look better?
Yes and no, technically no, it's the same visual quality, but there is a ton more going on, and it's much larger in terms of area size. So it's more impressive.

Rengoku

Private Hoffman said:

You mean these?

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MFMN0SMJ
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FAOZVS6Z
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5JPTYRON

stuburns said:
Yes and no, technically no, it's the same visual quality, but there is a ton more going on, and it's much larger in terms of area size. So it's more impressive.

You have been playing the campaign? Where do you work if you don't mind my asking.

h3ro said:
Second page of the GamePro preview has a bunch of new images.

Thank you good sir.

mr_nothin

Banned
BruceLeeRoy said:
Dammmmn. Dante where did you find those?
The contrast on dante's pictures are way off.

The game isnt that bright and colorful...I thought those pictures were a joke.
The game's color palette is very nice though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom