• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon seems to be developing quite the fan art following already....

Spike

How do you want it?

Here's a simple resize and crop:

4a4f210998.png

Perfect! Thanks!

D_prOdigy

I hope I can keep up my obsession with this game between now and release, because I'm at the stage now where 2015 feels like such a long way out. I reckon if this game was to be released tomorrow, it would be like the biggest thing ever.

What are those characters supposed to be? Humanoid squids or humans with squids on their heads? The design is great, I'm just wondering.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I hope I can keep up my obsession with this game between now and release, because I'm at the stage now where 2015 feels like such a long way out. I reckon if this game was to be released tomorrow, it would be like the biggest thing ever.
Same, I feel like nintendo will feel like capitalizing on this by releasing the drip feed earlier than they planned and build it up more and more until release.

Toxi

Banned
What are those characters supposed to be? Humanoid squids or humans with squids on their heads? The design is great, I'm just wondering.
They're squids that transform into people with rubbery tentacle hair and squid eyes.

Or vice-versa, I don't know.

Kater

Banned
Can someone please make a male squidboy with the same facial expression and all (like my avatar) for me so that fellow NeoGAFfer mugwhump and I don't have to share the same avatar? Would be awesome!

PM me if you do make one. Any effort is appreciated and welcome of course. :)

wsippel

Banned
Same, I feel like nintendo will feel like capitalizing on this by releasing the drip feed earlier than they planned and build it up more and more until release.
They would be stupid not to. They often are, though. A developer blog or something could go a long way to keep the hype alive.

wsippel

Banned
Honestly I would settle for a bi-weekly (or monthly) Treehouse vs Dev online matches.
Considering the game supports online, that would be pretty cool for a monthly feature. One match each month between EAD Kyoto and Treehouse, with live commentary and all, in addition to a weekly or bi-weekly developer blog with articles by the directors, producers, artist, sound designers, composers and so on... yeah, that's probably how I would market it at this point. Shouldn't even be all that much work, the game is supposed to come out in less than a year after all.

ghibli99

Damn... some really good stuff in here. I was initially lukewarm on the character designs, but they've definitely grown on me over the past week.

-Minsc-

Has anybody tried to decode the various text?

It's hard to say, the banners behind the spawners are likely referencing the turf war tournament for 2014. The characters are laid out like this.

Code:
XX
xxxxXX

That would make it:

XX
xxxx14

My first thought was:

E3
EXPO14

E3: EXPO14 doesn't really fit though as characters don't match and "expo" is part of E3.

It's hard to say, the banners behind the spawners are likely referencing the turf war tournament for 2014. The characters are laid out like this.

Code:
XX
xxxxXX

That would make it:

XX
xxxx14

My first thought was:

E3
EXPO14

E3: EXPO14 doesn't really fit though as characters don't match and "expo" is part of E3.

So it's jibberish then? Thought so.

Top Bottom