• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon seems to be developing quite the fan art following already....

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

300d679d49.png
afa11611e9.png
ad963b66c2.png
1bf7f871f5.png

I sort of want the one on the left, if someone wants my current avatar.

Awesome!

gngf123

Damn, slow-gaf caused me to be quoted a lot on this page.

If anyone wants the Inkling Tentacruel avatar, here it is:

51bd055435.png

I wish I could get a true low-res version of this for an avatar. I tried to resize it for an avatar but it doesn't have that clean pixel art look. I wish I could get the source.

I believe this is:

http://dorirupanchi.tumblr.com/post/89154077626/i-drew-a-bloop-cause-theyre-too-damn-cute

I found this, apparently by Mochichi Hashimoto, want to find a higher resolution shot but can't find one:

xBlkT59.gif

PokéKong

On the treehouse video one of the developers mentions that the music you hear in the game is supposed to be the music of the squid world that the kids may be listening to in their headphones. Hearing this sparked my interest in what the whole premise of the game is. Who are these kids? What sort of world is it? Is there going to be some heavy backstory presence in the game? Why are they kinda punks? Are they rebellions against some asshole government authority somehow?

Giving us a new online third person shooter would not have interested me in the slightest, but by placing it all in a very different and unfamiliar context my interest has skyrocketed.

gngf123

Oh man I missed my chance with those avatars. lol
Damn!

There's still the side one left!

PokéKong;117158207 said:
On the treehouse video one of the developers mentions that the music you hear in the game is supposed to be the music of the squid world that the kids may be listening to in their headphones. Hearing this sparked my interest in what the whole premise of the game is. Who are these kids? What sort of world is it? Is there going to be some heavy backstory presence in the game? Why are they kinda punks? Are they rebellions against some asshole government authority somehow?

Giving us a new online third person shooter would not have interested me in the slightest, but by placing it all in a very different and unfamiliar context my interest has skyrocketed.

I highly doubt they are going to throw a big backstory into this, and I doubt it'll be some rebellion against authority. The description we have basically says this is a sport in that world and the kids are playing it.

Neiteio

Wish Nintendo would confirm this is a retail title.

I go digital for half of my Nintendo purchases, but for Splatoon I want to hold a box in my hand and say, "This is a new IP from EAD!"

BeauRoger

Unconfirmed Member
Not suprising, since Nintendo has so little in the pipeline. Dont get me wrong, it looks great, but i suspect that it wouldnt get nearly as much attention if it was a Xbone/PS4 game.

I think that pic is about the only thing in literally years I've been tempted to replace my avatar with :3

I'll probably stick with my usual anyhoo but if for some reason the temptation gets too much, would it be ok if I wore a recolour of it campfireweekend? (Something similar to what I did to make my May avatar... she should be orange but I prefer purple XD )

Gah, I'm too impatient so I made my custom version after all and stuck it on :p
If gngf123 or campfireweekend are iffy about my heavily customised version, gimme a shout and I'll go back to my old purple May avatar :3

(I was going purple but the red looked less evil :p )

Gah, I'm too impatient so I made my custom version after all and stuck it on :p
If gngf123 or campfireweekend are iffy about my heavily customised version, gimme a shout and I'll go back to my old purple May avatar :3

(I was going purple but the red looked less evil :p )

I like it! Its like you're my evil twin

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Not suprising, since Nintendo has so little in the pipeline. Dont get me wrong, it looks great, but i suspect that it wouldnt get nearly as much attention if it was a Xbone/PS4 game.
I dont....see how that has anything to do with it, if 0people ignore a new IP with a more original idea regardless of platforms than thats on them.

Neiteio

I would like to join the Order of the Squid.

But I don't know how easy it would be to put squid-tails on my avatar.

While not as awesome as the ones already here, these three I found on knowyourmeme made me giggle:
8d1.jpg

f87.jpg

e36.png

Also, I don't think i've seen this one yet and it's kinda cute:
38d.png

Top Bottom