• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Riverdale |OT| Teen Peaks (or: Archie's Weirder Mysteries) - Thursday, 9/8c on The CW

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
lol I went back and forth on it being too much but here are them again:

CtSt0WKWcAAuqjE.jpg

C3fGGMnXAAI8QOn.jpg

Is this what heaven looks like?

CW Show post 2015, why would you think it's bad

I just wasn't sure how they were gonna take the saccharine archie comics I'm familiar with (I haven't read the more recent comics, though that's clearly something I need to rectify), and turn it into a Twin Peaks style murder mystery. I'm absolutely thrilled I was wrong.

Always had faith the CW would cast nothing but 9's and 10's though. #TeamVeronica

jwk94

Holy shit Jordan Calloway (the black guy from Unfabulous) is in Riverdale! He was at the very end. He said on Twitter that we'll see what he's up to next week. Kinda excited.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
This is pretty good so far.

- Veronica is the best so far. Probably shouldn't have made out with Archie but she owned up to it and realized it was a mistake.
- Cheryl is a fantastic crazy mean girl. And those shots with her twin at the beginning had a weird vibe.
- Betty is alright. Don't love her just yet. Her mom is crazy.
- I'm not feeling the Archie/Betty part of the triangle. The "do you love me and I'm not good enough for you" was cringeworthy. And I tend to live for stuff like that. But I think it happened too quickly, before we really got a sense of the characters.
- Come to think of it, I'm not feeling the Archie/Veronica part of the triangle either.
- Love what little we've seen of Jughead and his narration.
- Archie seems nice enough but a bit...dense? I'm not likening the Grundy/Archie subplot. She's definitely using and manipulating him. She's worried about going to prison because that relationship is definitely not legal. Archie is a sophomore, so depending on his birthday he's only 14 or 15,Hope the show has the guts to actually have her arrested and go to prison for it. Won't hold my breath thought.
- side note, CW pls. Why are they sophomores? That's just ridiculous.

I'll keep watching.

ryseing

- side note, CW pls. Why are they sophomores? That's just ridiculous.

So they can get three years out of the show before college becomes an issue. OC did something similar- the cast is said to be juniors but then they're juniors for two seasons.

Jason was in cryogenic storage whaaat.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
So they can get three years out of the show before college becomes an issue. OC did something similar- the cast is said to be juniors but then they're juniors for two seasons.

Jason was in cryogenic storage whaaat.

Or they could get even crazier and use that fucked up One Tree Hill timeline. Every season is a semester or something like that, and it still doesn't explain multiple holidays and birthdays lol.

ryseing

Or they could get even crazier and use that fucked up One Tree Hill timeline. Every season is a semester or something like that, and it still doesn't explain multiple holidays and birthdays lol.

That's the problem with teen soaps. There's a built-in end date. GG went down the tubes fast once the cast went to college, and TVD started its decline a bit before.

That's the problem with teen soaps. There's a built-in end date. GG went down the tubes fast once the cast went to college, and TVD started its decline a bit before.

Dawson's Creek made it work. Friday Night Lights kept being great but lol at how long they kept Taylor Kitsch's character in high school. I think they retconned it to make him two years younger than he was originally supposed to be just to keep having him around.

My money is on Archie being the killer. Think about it. No one would see it coming.

The whole Grundy thing is everyone just sharing a hallucination.

Sulik2

I really dug that second episode outside of the terrible musical number. This cast continue to impress, Jugheads actor is great.

aett

My long-shot guess: Dilton has something to do with the murder. He's the guy who found Cheryl by the river with a bunch of Boy Scouts, in case you forgot. In the comics, he's a super nerd who invents things. I'm guessing the cryogenic stuff may be his doing and he could have taken the Scouts bird watching there to give himself an alibi - by that point, he would have already captured Jason.

Also, Reggie dropped that line about the killer being an antisocial loser. He was talking about Jughead, but it could be foreshadowing.

Joni

How the hell did CW manage to find an actress that makes all other CW actresses look relatively average?

You can say that and I can think this is about the three female main characters.

Well I am pretty sure that at the end of the episode with Cheryl saying that "he was supposed to come back" means that they were trying to fake his death for some reason or other and he was supposed to show up alive later on down the line. Not sure of the motive for it yet.

She killed him and he became a zombie.

That's what I'm going with so far - Betty's mother wasn't joking about the dark god that family serves, she was warning her.

Riverdale isn't a supernatural (seriously, no CW pun intended) town. So no ghouls and goblins.

Alice Cooper is just that freaking bananas.

Joni

Riverdale isn't a supernatural (seriously, no CW pun intended) town. So no ghouls and goblins.

The CW has the vampire diaries, the originals, izombie, supernatural, frequency and reign as supernatural shows. Four arrowverse shows for superhero, and two scifi shows with the 100 and no tomorrow. It would be nice if it could fit into one of those boxes. In which case supernatural fits best.

I'm thoroughly enjoying this show. But does it make me shallow if I admit that one of the main reasons is the fact that the cast is so ridiculously good looking? I mean really, the CW never disappoints when it comes to eye candy but holy shit, does this take it to another level or what...

I'm thoroughly enjoying this show. But does it make me shallow if I admit that one of the main reasons is the fact that the cast is so ridiculously good looking? I mean really, the CW never disappoints when it comes to eye candy but holy shit, does this take it to another level or what...

The cast is crazy good looking, yeah, but we like to think the story is pretty good too =)

Pluto

Maybe Reggie was right and Jughead did kill Jason. Wasn't Jughead's and Archie's planned road trip in July 4th too? When Archie bailed Jughead ran into Jason wherever he was hiding. One thing let to another and Jughead put a bullet in Jason's head.

Reggie asked Archie if he had tapped some cougar ass this summer, he knew about Moose and Kevin (although Moose wasn't exactly subtle about it) and now he knows who killed Jason. Maybe always being right is Reggie's superpower.

Riverdale isn't a supernatural (seriously, no CW pun intended) town.
Of course not, everybody knows the witches live one town over.

Sulik2

I mean they are incorporating parts of afterlife with Archie into this. I would fully expect supernatural stuff actually.

Am I the only one that actually enjoyed the Pussycat's performance? I thought the show handled it well, it was kind of surreal.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Am I the only one that actually enjoyed the Pussycat's performance? I thought the show handled it well, it was kind of surreal.

I liked it. I was concerned for their instruments being out in the rain, but I dug it.

jwk94

The Pussycats have been a complete miss for me so far. Although I do find it amusing that the only notable black people in town all have important positions.

Fantastical

Death Prophet

There is talk of using (possible future show spoilers)
Afterlife with Archie stuff and Sabrina the Teenage Witch in future episodes. So don't think it won't go there.

EDIT:

Discussion of the promo for next week
Who slaps Betty's mom? Cheryl's mom?

I liked it. I was an idiot and didn't realize what the first part of the rap was going to lead up too despite the numerous times sugar was mentioned and then got happy when they started singing Sugar Sugar.

Top Bottom