• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

caliph95

Endgame depending on the final villain

Long ago in a distant land, I, Blackbeard, the shapeshifting master of darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil. But, a foolish pirate warrior wielding an ancient weapon stepped forth to opposed me. Before the final blow was struck, I tore open a portal in time and flung him into the future where my evil is law. Now, the fool seeks to return to the past and undo the future that is Blackbeard.

Long ago in a distant land, I, Akainu, the shapeshifting master of magma, unleashed an absolute justice. But, a foolish pirate scum wielding anancient weapon stepped forth to opposed me. Before the final blow was struck, I tore open a portal in time and flung him into the future where my justice is law. Now, the fool seeks to return to the past and undo the future that is Akainu.

Jay RaR

I'd replace "wielding an ancient weapon" with "who ate the rubber fruit" or "who ate a magic fruit". But yeah, sounds cool man.

It'd be interesting if Luffy obtained one of the ancient weapons before going to Raftel, or asked Shirahoshi for help.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I'd replace "wielding an ancient weapon" with "who ate the rubber fruit" or "who ate a magic fruit". But yeah, sounds cool man.

It'd be interesting if Luffy obtained one of the ancient weapons before going to Raftel, or asked Shirahoshi for help.
Shirahoshi is guaranteed to help Luffy at some point. I can't wait to see how/why he destroys Fishman Island. After Whole Cake I fully expect this series to start answering the age-old questions it's posed from early on in the story:

-Why do devil's fruits exist/what exactly are they?
-Who IS Vegapunk and what's his deal? Even if he's just a "mega genius," it will still be cool to see his story.
-Where is All Blue/why does the legend exist?
-What are the ancient weapons and how were they used in the past?
-What happened in the void century?
-What's the deal with the moon/moon people/robots?
-Why did Kuma join the world government and give up his personality?
-What's on Raftel/what is One Piece?

Zou already gave us a taste of this and I expect the Elbaf flashback may as well. I bet MONEY Uranus is there. Well no, no I don't, I might be wrong and I don't want to lose money.

Red Fire

Also what is Shanks'/dragon's power

Kuma in particular is really interesting

I hope elbaf flashback will give us aaaaansssswwweeerrrsssss to some things

caliph95

Shanks IIRC either likes swimming or thought it wasn't worth it due to the drawbacks.

Dragon proably something to with weather

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Kinda interesting that he just had one sitting around in a box...

This is actually pretty cool I always assumed that was the first shot we ever got of shanks main guys. Didn't know they were shown before
12295366_1189075717787497_7914843887426373042_n.jpg

SolVanderlyn

This is actually pretty cool I always assumed that was the first shot we ever got of shanks main guys. Didn't know they were shown before
12295366_1189075717787497_7914843887426373042_n.jpg
Whoa, cool.

Young Ben Beckman has my favorite design in the series. Also my favorite scene. "You want to fight us, you better bring a warship"

latest

IHaveIce

Banned
Shirahoshi is guaranteed to help Luffy at some point. I can't wait to see how/why he destroys Fishman Island. After Whole Cake I fully expect this series to start answering the age-old questions it's posed from early on in the story:

-Who IS Vegapunk and what's his deal? Even if he's just a "mega genius," it will still be cool to see his story.

Zou already gave us a taste of this and I expect the Elbaf flashback may as well. I bet MONEY Uranus is there. Well no, no I don't, I might be wrong and I don't want to lose money.

What is the real purpose of the Noah
What was the crime Zou commited
Shakky's past? Is she related to Amazon Lily?
Who is Luffy's mom?
Why did Dragon form the revolutionaries?
etc etc.

Seriously I could go on and on. One Piece has such an interesting world to me.

Bleach kinda also built up some cool mysteries but totally forgot about them in the end. Man Bleach was so cool at the beginning and turned to shit so fast.

caliph95

What is the real purpose of the Noah
What was the crime Zou commited
Shakky's past? Is she related to Amazon Lily?
Who is Luffy's mom?
Why did Dragon form the revolutionaries?
etc etc.

Seriously I could go on and on. One Piece has such an interesting world to me.

Bleach kinda also built up some cool mysteries but totally forgot about them in the end. Man Bleach was so cool at the beginning and turned to shit so fast.
I hope we get anwers soon.

But instead of answers in bleach wouldn't you rather see repetitive fights against op and broken enemies that were so powerful and broken that had to be beaten due to bullshit with characters you don't care about. Isn't that much more interesting than lore

LotusHD

Banned

That's one of the best parts about One Piece, where you're not just concerned about what's happening in the present, but all the unanswered questions that we can look forward to. Where we can go ahead and genuinely try to guess what the next arc(s) will be because there's all this material to sift through. (Elbaf, Wano, Reverie, Fishman Island destruction, etc.) And of course, it's generally satisfying as fuck when it's finally answered. But hey, that's good world building for ya, which is further comforted by Oda seemingly never forgetting anything, even if it takes years to get back to.

I feel like with it's competition the anticipated shit feels more like an afterthought, where they just make it up as they go along.

SolVanderlyn

That's one of the best parts about One Piece, where you're not just concerned about what's happening in the present, but all the unanswered questions that we can look forward to. Where we can go ahead and genuinely try to guess what the next arc(s) will be because there's all this material to sift through. (Elbaf, Wano, Reverie, Fishman Island destruction, etc.) And of course, it's generally satisfying as fuck when it's finally answered. But hey, that's good world building for ya, which is further comforted by Oda seemingly never forgetting anything, even if it takes years to get back to.

I feel like with it's competition the anticipated shit feels more like an afterthought, where they just make it up as they go along.
I agree 100%.

Green arrow guy had such a downgrade on design, Yasopp too.
Shanks' crews older designs look less to me like "look how badass they got" and more like "we're older and past our prime now." A few like Yasopp and Shanks may look stronger, but they definitely don't look as young and spry as they used to. It makes sense too if you consider the whole yonko being from a previous era thing.

See? All these questions that are worth dozens of pages of discussion, but y'all decide to talk about Naruto and Bleach. lol

LotusHD

Banned
How Law doesn't just wreck everyone's shit is beyond me. Then again, maybe it's for the best. Someone with his DF being described as
being the strongest or one of the strongest would feel dumb perhaps.

caliph95

How Law doesn't just wreck everyone's shit is beyond me. Then again, maybe it's for the best. Someone with his DF being described as
being the strongest or one of the strongest would feel dumb perhaps.
Something Something stamina
Basically a Nen Power or one of those ridiculous Stands with conditions.

It also made her not age.
So is law ability is basically one of the crazier stands or nen ability
ope ope is right
But yeah Sugar abilities is bloody random

Ray Down

Banned
Even Pudding Memo Meo furit can be over powered if Oda really wanted to take it in that direction, but he would really need to expanded that power now.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Don Flamingo is still the most bs power shown in the series.

String...that can't be cut by two master swordsmen and a bunch of other people. That could only be stopped by the strongest substance on earth.

Ogodei

2020 was my bet for series end at one point, but 2022 does seem better to me, makes it a 25-year series (though obvious that doesn't fall into Oda's considerations).

You have to think of what we likely have left: getting near the end of Whole Cake Island, then the following in either order: Wano or Reverie, then an Elbaf stopover, and then you probably start moving into the endgame, whatever that entails (probably three parts: the last ditch drive to Raftel, Raftel and the fight against Blackbeard, who made it there and killed Shanks along the way, and then they go back to Loguetown and fight the Admirals and few remaining Shichibukai, plus other WG types to bring the tale up to 10/11).

caliph95

Even Pudding Memo Meo furit can be over powered if Oda really wanted to take it in that direction, but he would really need to expanded that power now.
It depends on how she would activate it also was Reiju able to move while her memories were edited or was it just because she tied up
blame oda that's all the answer you are going to get with a stand that makes him a god or i'm sorry "surgeon" of an area, real answer depends on his plot level

String...that can't be cut by two master swordsmen and a bunch of other people. That could only be stopped by the strongest substance on earth.
Also like rubber can turn on fire somehow
Also clone jutsu

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

It was probably reinforced with haki or whatever.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It was probably reinforced with haki or whatever.

Everyone trying to cut it could use Haki. It covered the whole damn island.

That's beyond the perfectly reasonable other uses he had for it. Puppet Strings, Flight via invisible Spider-Man nonsense, tying his organs back together. The Birdcage is the only thing I don't like about Dressrosa.

LotusHD

Banned

Surprised they didn't give Zoro an opportunity to cut through that, further show that he's improving.

Also very surprised Luffy broke through Marionette.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
My primary case of Sanji>>>>>Zoro is him not being able to cut through string. Not even a little. What's the use of a swordsman felled by string?

LotusHD

Banned
blame oda that's all the answer you are going to get with a stand that makes him a god or i'm sorry "surgeon" of an area, real answer depends on his plot level

It's whatever, it's just amusing to think about it. I ultimately chalk it up to the fruit bring much more deadlier in the hands of someone that actually has monstrous stamina I guess. Like imagine Doffy or Zoro having it.

caliph95

It's whatever, it's just amusing to think about it. I ultimately chalk it up to the fruit bring much more deadlier in the hands of someone that actually has monstrous stamina I guess. Like imagine Doffy or Zoro having it.
If Zoro had it with his stamina the whole manga can be cut in half

Top Bottom