• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

The anime makes it hard to miss for me since they enlarge everybody and I'm a perv

I don't really watch the anime. Got up to the timeskip and stopped. I'll probably catch up with it one day (minus the filler), but One Piece always struck me as missing something in translation anime-wise for some reason.

caliph95

I don't really watch the anime. Got up to the timeskip and stopped. I'll probably catch up with it one day (minus the filler), but One Piece always struck me as missing something in translation anime-wise for some reason.
I get that

It mostly Toei becoming greedy around the time skip for me so the episodes become slower and feels worse

Morlas

it would be fine if the pacing was any good like if one piece was adapted into 25 or so episodes a year i bet the anime would be great

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Forget Vivi.

On another note, before the rights went to ugggggh 4Kids, a couple of test dubs were pitched.
One from Ocean Group and one from Funimation.
The full pilots are lost, but this page from Lost Media Wiki shows clips.

In both clips, Luffy is voiced by a guy and... he just sounds wrong. I know he's meant to be 17 but still sounds older. I guess I'm just too used to Colleen.
Kind of weird that the episode Ocean dubbed was filler.

NSESN

Carue vs Stronger will be a battle for the ages. If Toei doesn't spend all of their budget on this I quit the OP anime
I don't watch it anyway.

Vivi is overhyped I'd take Rebecca since I want a fighting female ����*♂️

*Skywalks
If you want to call dodging "fighting" ok.

Ray Down

Banned
Carue vs Stronger will be a battle for the ages. If Toei doesn't spend all of their budget on this I quit the OP anime
I don't watch it anyway.

Here's what's it's going to be like:

nl2aBF7.gif

Forget Vivi.

On another note, before the rights went to ugggggh 4Kids, a couple of test dubs were pitched.
One from Ocean Group and one from Funimation.
The full pilots are lost, but this page from Lost Media Wiki shows clips.

In both clips, Luffy is voiced by a guy and... he just sounds wrong. I know he's meant to be 17 but still sounds older. I guess I'm just too used to Colleen.
Kind of weird that the episode Ocean dubbed was filler.

The Funimation guy sounds like he's trying to get as close as he can. He could shatter glass with that falsetto.

Ask Floyd

Sassy!

That reminds me that this exists.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The Funimation guy sounds like he's trying to get as close as he can. He could shatter glass with that falsetto.

It's Eric Vale in Funimation. When they got the rights for real, he went on to voice Sanji (and does a damn good job at it).

Ray Down

Banned
134 should barely count as his first appearance imo, he could very well just have been a pet.

139 shows his normal form, the fact that he's a doctor, and reveals he was the reindeer that Kureha was with and the beast that saved Luffy from falling off a cliff also his gag with humans early on and him transforming.

Also the fact it's called: Enter Tony Tony Chopper.

Top Bottom