• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

Daingurse

Momo focus is the biggest reason I'm dreading Wano.

He has potential as a character. Hopefully they can tone down the pervy shit, and focus on the role he needs to play as the future Shogun.

No way in hell Momo is as bad as Mineta.

Nothing is as bad as pervy baby.

I don't really care for pervert characters, or fan-service, but Mineta's total committment to being a complete degenerate is honestly kinda funny to me.

Enel.full.936933.jpg

every bad guys weakness for the last while has been pretty obvious, especially this guys and sandmans

BHK3

Banned
Actual nudity in one piece, never thought Oda would fully do it.

Also this is probably the most hype i've been in a while, Luffy about to fight an actual Gum man.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I'm willing to bet that Luffy will beat Katakuri, since this apparently this is being treated as the climactic fight of the arc, but if he does, that's gonna be a bit strange since Luffy wasn't able to beat Cracker without Nami's help, and that only after 8 hours (or however long it was).

In less time, Luffy went from not being able to scratch any CP9 members to defeating its strongest agent ever.

Hell, Zoro went from being noticeably weaker than Daz Bones to outclassing him, over the course of their fight.

kadotsu

Banned
I know people tend to forget it, but Thriller Bark had a nice mix of weakness and brute force. I am also still waiting for the ultimate Bartholomew Kuma payoff.

GaimeGuy

I know people tend to forget it, but Thriller Bark had a nice mix of weakness and brute force. I am also still waiting for the ultimate Bartholomew Kuma payoff.

I still have no idea what the hell is going on with him.

Posted this last year, but:

The interesting things are how 1. Vegapunk helped Kuma protect the Sunny, and 2. The government didn't seem to care that Vegapunk did it, or that Kuma spent the better part of 2 years protecting one of the worst generation's ships on an island right next door to Mariejois, and 3. How Kuma has allowed himself to be experimented on.

It's like both the navy and the Revolutionaries are playing a chess game but have agreed that both black and white can use the kuma game piece on the board.

That, or both kuma and Vegapunk are moles, with Vegapunk passing off the sabaody thing as a personal gift from him to Kuma.

In less time, Luffy went from not being able to scratch any CP9 members to defeating its strongest agent ever.

Hell, Zoro went from being noticeably weaker than Daz Bones to outclassing him, over the course of their fight.

Plus like what some people said this is a better match up for luffy .
Katakuri not going to be making clones of him self for hours .

BHK3

Banned

Mr. 1 is probably the worst asspull in the series, Zoro straight up lost then picked up a building and tossed it at him. He's never been in a situation like that since.

Well with CP9, he had to lose a few times to learn their moves, when he finally got a proper 1v1 with Blueno he was able to apply what he learned and experimented off screen. It wasn't even a fight, he was about to even pull out Gear 3rd after effortlessly pounding blueno in the dirt. We also never truly saw a fair fight, it was all elements vs. Luffy having to accidentally outsmart them. I don't see anything in CP9 to be out of the ordinary, Luffy was gonna lose sooner or later and that came to a head with Kuma and in the Marineford arc.

GaimeGuy

Mr. 1 is probably the worst asspull in the series, Zoro straight up lost then picked up a building and tossed it at him. He's never been in a situation like that since.

Asura was also an asspull.

... so was Usopp tanking a 4 ton bat to the face.

... And wtf was Nami doing beating Daz's partner?

At this point if Carrot doesn't join, I'm gonna be mad.

What a fucking chapter that was. I can't wait to see how Luffy is going to deal with Katakuri.

I haven't been this excited for a new chapter in a long time.

Lakuza

What a fucking chapter that was. I can't wait to see how Luffy is going to deal with Katakuri.

I haven't been this excited for a new chapter in a long time.

What if she creates her own pirate crew (possibly taking pedro's pirate crew name as tribute) and becomes a part of the straw hat grand fleet/alliance (similar to Bartolomeo, cavendish etc)?

LotusHD

Banned

Yes, give into the anger...

What if she creates her own pirate crew (possibly taking pedro's pirate crew name as tribute) and becomes a part of the straw hat grand fleet/alliance (similar to Bartolomeo, cavendish etc)?

That won't happen, she either joins or she gets absorbed back into the Minks. I feel like everyone keeps forgetting that Carrot is a very sheltered girl regarding anything not having to do with Zou. (This is literally the first time she has set sail) Barring another timeskip, it would be extremely illogical for her to go out and lead her own crew (Also what would even be the point narratively speaking, she's not a benemoth strength-wise, so her and her thereotical crew would be very underpowered in the New World), much less be one of the leaders of the Grand Fleet/Alliance. Like even Pudding has a higher chance of something like that happening.

And on top of that, well... her personality doesn't exactly scream "reliable leader material" either. I suppose you could say that about a lot of characters like Barto for example, but hey, they got introduced into the story as already being captains of their crews, so meh.

So yea, it's all it nothing as far as I'm concerned.

Nah it's awakening time or it's gear 4th:insert new form here

Awakening happening for the first time is going to be so damn weird lol

Lunar15

I feel like "joining the crew" is ambiguous term these days since the crew has basically turned into an alliance so Oda can have as many characters who aren't the main characters running around with Luffy as much as possible.

Law's been more of a crew member than most actual crew members since the timeskip.

I feel like "joining the crew" is ambiguous term these days since the crew has basically turned into an alliance so Oda can have as many characters who aren't the main characters running around with Luffy as much as possible.
On the sunny go 24/7
I think ppl get alil confused here the alliance isn't the crew itself they even have their own crews they just fly the strawhat banner

NSESN

I am more confortable with Mineta than Momonosuke. Mainly because one is a teenager and the other is a small child. It also helps that Mineta scummy practices are acknowledged by other as such characters.

Not really the crew I seen used as the main crew Luffy doesn't really acknowledge the fleet really
Precisely. The alliance is made up for what three pirate groups and 4 armies? They have their own crews they just pledged their allegiance to luffy meaning when he calls they'll come(or rather when he's on the verge of death they'll come)

I am more confortable with Mineta than Momonosuke. Mainly because one is a teenager and the other is a small child. It also helps that Mineta scummy practices are acknowledged by other as such characters.
Momo is acknowledged by everybody but the girls

Lakuza

That won't happen, she either joins or she gets absorbed back into the Minks. I feel like everyone keeps forgetting that Carrot is a very sheltered girl regarding anything not having to do with Zou. (This is literally the first time she has set sail) Barring another timeskip, it would be extremely illogical for her to go out and lead her own crew (Also what would even be the point narratively speaking, she's not a benemoth strength-wise, so her and her thereotical crew would be very underpowered in the New World), much less be one of the leaders of the Grand Fleet/Alliance. Like even Pudding has a higher chance of something like that happening.

And on top of that, well... her personality doesn't exactly scream "reliable leader material" either. I suppose you could say that about a lot of characters like Barto for example, but hey, they got introduced into the story as already being captains of their crews, so meh.

So yea, it's all it nothing as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah those are good points(although don't forget that Leo and the tontata's are part of the alliance too XD we'll have to endure "usolando, usolando" x 9999 at some point in the future) and I do expect her to join the crew (even if its during or after wano arc), was just curious if Chie Satonaka would still be mad in the scenario I suggested.

Lunar15

What I mean is that, since Impel Down, Luffy's been running around with people who aren't in the crew more than he has with actual crew members.

Being in the crew is a meaningless distinction at this point. The crew is whoever Oda wanted to draw for that arc. He's even going out of his way to keep most of the crew out of newer arcs.

LotusHD

Banned

Law's been more of a crew member than most actual crew members since the timeskip.

It's not ambiguous at all, it's pretty damn clear in fact lol

Like if someone wants to say that Law is a honorary member, sure, but he still isn't one.

EDIT: It's not meaningless at all, wat

Not really the crew I seen used as the main crew Luffy doesn't really acknowledge the fleet really

This

Opposite for me

caliph95

Precisely. The alliance is made up for what three pirate groups and 4 armies? They have their own crews they just pledged their allegiance to luffy meaning when he calls they'll come(or rather when he's on the verge of death they'll come)

Momo is acknowledged by everybody but the girls
They're more jealous than anything at times while in universe people hate mineta besides Kaminari who's a pervert as well

Didn't mention it before but I'm not the only one that had to read the chapter twice to get what the he'll katakuri was talking about when he told luffy well done right? Right!?

LotusHD

Banned
Didn't mention it before but I'm not the only one that had to read the chapter twice to get what the he'll katakuri was talking about when he told luffy well done right? Right!?

Well done on getting him off the ship, into a place where he's forced to fight Luffy and can't easily escape from right

BHK3

Banned
Asura was also an asspull.

... so was Usopp tanking a 4 ton bat to the face.

... And wtf was Nami doing beating Daz's partner?
Usopp I'll let slide, unless a building got crushed or the ground was cracked from a missed bat swing, it was just a regular bat.

Yea totally forgot about Asura, man zoro is just ass. Go Sanji.

Top Bottom