• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

Ray Down

Banned
And we still have questions on Awakening.

Like is it just autonomic at one point with mastering your devil fruit or would you have to go through some kind of trail.

Or hell what effects it has on alot of DFs.

I mean, in terms of Luffy facing Kaido, it's absolutely not going to be a one on one fight imo. At the very least it'll be 3v1 with Kid, Law, and Luffy all fighting him together, possibly with other supernovas or their crews helping as well

LotusHD

Banned
She keeps getting wrapped into this stuff, I told her she was hanging with the wrong crowds.

Meanwhile her Smoothie's a good kid. Always liked her, never gets into any trouble. EVER.

I mean, in terms of Luffy facing Kaido, it's absolutely not going to be a one on one fight imo. At the very least it'll be 3v1 with Kid, Law, and Luffy all fighting him together, possibly with other supernovas or their crews helping as well

Most likely, not to mention Franky's weapon, but uhh, after seeing Big Mom, we still need to see some new tricks from Luffy lmao

Ray Down

Banned

Blackbeard very well might be the only Yonko Luffy fights 1 on 1.

Majukun

I still think that kaido is not going down in wano either...he will flee wano once caribou tells him that shirahoshi is poseidon...the guy is crazy enough to attack marijoa during the reverie just to get to her,especially since the alternative is attacking fishman island and going to war with big mom

LotusHD

Banned
Kaido "I don't play little pirate games" of the Beasts fleeing, wat

I'm aware that him not playing little pirates actually kind of low-key makes it sound like he could ditch everything for a cool weapon, but nah lol

Also, totally forgot about that Fishman Island prediction, how is that going to come about I wonder...

Majukun

Kaido "I don't play little pirate games" of the Beasts fleeing, wat

I'm aware that him not playing little pirates actually kind of low-key makes it sound like he could ditch everything for a cool weapon, but nah lol

Also, totally forgot about that Fishman Island prediction, how is that going to come about I wonder...

kaidou also said "time to lit the match to the greatest war this world has ever seen"

and

"a world this mundane is not worth keeping around"

I'm still convinced that at the prospect of catching an ancestral weapon,wano is gonna have little to no value to him

Majukun

I'm just trying to picture everyone's reactions if Kaido just... left lol

well, it's not like they will ntot chase after him..we have vivi,rebecca and viola, and shirahoshi herself as the main prize..no way luffy is not gonna go after kaido after he discovers where he is going and what he wants.

LotusHD

Banned
well, it's not like they will ntot chase after him..we have vivi,rebecca and viola, and shirahoshi herself as the main prize..no way luffy is not gonna go after kaido after he discovers where he is going and what he wants.

That's part of what I'm talking about, it's hilarious to picture Luffy and co. just chasing after a Yonko like that

Crazy part is that between Pedro and Carrot's flashbacks, this one chapter is gonna be like two or three anime episodes.

RIP

I still want to know Shanks stopped him from getting to Marineford. Is Shanks that strong?

Who knows...

----

This ugly cry Carrot got going on is relatable af

8mx9Fzy.png

Jimbei... *8 second pause* Nami.....*8 second pause* Brook...
There's a flashback to Brulee's introduction to showcase her mirror world abilities when Luffy enters then mirror world, then a flashback to Chopper and Carrot earlier in he arc when Katakuri says they can fight in peace.

Metal B

Great chapter. Emotional, Badass and a setup for a cool battle, there is nothing more you can wish from an Shōnen manga.

Pedro has to be dead or his story makes no sense. He said, he wanted to die under his terms. Surviving and dying of old age because of Big Moms's power would negate this. it would also be a great death, since it did come out nowhere, happened fast and surprised us and the characters ... like most tragic deaths actually happen.

Also this is the first time i can Carrot joing the crew. She has a dead father figure / mentor, adapted his ideals, a sense for adventure and a dream, make Pedro trust into the Strawhats worth it.

LotusHD

Banned
I could see Carrot joining since Oda had her randomly be a stowaway for no reason :p

But yea, there's a lot of reasons why Pedro is different from Pell and other fake deaths, dude really wanted to die lmao

So if Oda pulls back from that, it's just... dumb. I won't be thinking "Ah, classic Oda" like I would with most characters (Would've done so for Vergo and Monet for example), instead he just undercut a sad moment for no real reason. It's not even like he's this irreplaceable character either.

Ogodei

Foreshadowing isn't even necessary in this case. Since this is a paramencia rather than a Logia, it's not that Katakuri transforms into Mochi, he IS mochi, the same way Luffy is rubbery all the time.

So he literally is just a giant walking, sentient snack. And we know Luffy is perfectly capable of consuming (and rapidly digesting) large amounts of food.

It just seems like it's legitimately the most tactically sound strategy to me.

Might as well have the arc that introduced us to cannibalism end with it :p

Yay Carrot!

Ray Down

Banned
I welcome our mink overlord carrot to the crew
Luffy and momo will be like roger and oden
Makes sense a mink is on board to mirror that relationship

They were only on the ship due to being retainers to Oden.

And Momo isn't joining.

The crew doesn't need a weak kid who can't control his devil fruit.

Marco isn't helping, we don't even know his current condition.

It will just be the Blackbeard crew vs Straw Hat crew.
do you really think the Blackbeard fight is that close by? because its not.
and Marco will appear again way before then wanting vengeance, thats for sure
Pedro is alive due to Kubo lack of willingness to kill his characters.
corrected
I still want to know Shanks stopped him from getting to Marineford. Is Shanks that strong?

i feel like Shanks is a lot like Loufy where his crew makes him that much stronger. I'm sure Shanks is crazy powerful by himself, but his crew is also Godly

Ray Down

Banned
do you really think the Blackbeard fight is that close by? because its not.
and Marco will appear again way before then wanting vengeance, thats for sure

corrected

i feel like Shanks is a lot like Loufy where his crew makes him that much stronger. I'm sure Shanks is crazy powerful by himself, but his crew is also Godly

It's not, it's years away.

Macro won't matter in the end, the fight will be Straw Hats vs Blackbeard Pirates, just like Blackbeard Pirates vs Red Hair pirates will go down.

What do you even mean by Kubo?

It's not, it's years away.

Macro won't matter in the end, the fight will be Straw Hats vs Blackbeard Pirates, just like Blackbeard Pirates vs Red Hair pirates will go down.

What do you even mean by Kubo?
It's interesting that everyone thinks Blackbeard is the end fight of the series. has this been confirmed or is it only assumed because he's the closest to being the most omnipotent?
because Akainu is potentially an endgame fight, too. but that will be a Sabo and Loufy team fight

Kubo is notorious for not killing any of his characters. Oda is Quentin Tarantino in comparison.

Ray Down

Banned
It's interesting that everyone thinks Blackbeard is the end fight of the series. has this been confirmed or is it only assumed because he's the closest to being the most omnipotent?
because Akainu is potentially an endgame fight, too

Kubo is notorious for not killing any of his characters. Oda is Quentin Tarantino in comparison.

Kubo kills off entire villain groups aside from the women.

He killed Yamamoto, Unohana, Ukitake and the god of the universe all in one arc.

Which is more than I can say for Oda.

caliph95

Kubo kills villains but spares fan favorites and even went back on people he killed by having Mayuri bringing back to life

He'll byakuya was supposed to be dead but came back

Big One

Banned

He killed Yamamoto, Unohana, Ukitake and the god of the universe all in one arc.

Yeah but you know Oda is going to kill off a bunch of characters in his final arc as well. There's no way there's gonna be monsters like Akainu, Big Mom, Kaido and Blackbeard running around the world doing shit when Luffy becomes Pirate King.

you forget to mention those deaths practically occurred in the last 2 arcs of the manga haha hardly counts.

Oda is likely to kill off way more than that by the end of One Piece, that's for certain.
Oda killed off
Whitebeard, Ace, Monet, Gol D. Roger, Bellmere, Clover, Corazon, Hiluluk, Tom, Vergo.

EDIT:

this actually made me SO upset when it happened. it was such an emotional and dramatic moment and Kubo retconned the shit out of it

LotusHD

Banned
Kubo kills villains but spares fan favorites and even went back on people he killed by having Mayuri bringing back to life

True. Must suck that the manga was lame regardless of whether they were kept alive or not lol

---

I thought everyone agreed that people in flashbacks do not count where OP is concerned.

Ray Down

Banned
Yeah but you know Oda is going to kill off a bunch of characters in his final arc as well. There's no way there's gonna be monsters like Akainu, Big Mom, Kaido and Blackbeard running around the world doing shit when Luffy becomes Pirate King.

They can very well just end up in jail with the likes of Arlong and Hody.

Top Bottom