• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

JLeack

Banned
Yeah I have it preloaded on steam

I had the M7 earlier this year and AFAIK the pink camera issue is due to overheating and or the metal body surrounding the camera being too hot. I don't think a repair will fix it.

I got a refurbished one to replace it and I'm typing on it right now. 100% fixed. :)

Preordered, preloaded and ready. Just waiting for that damn timer to tick down to zero.

If any gaffers want to play my PSN is bidbaldwolf86.

I'm in the UK and playing on PS4.

Awesome OT btw

I got it pre-loaded on Steam,first Call of Duty game since Black Ops and before that was Modern Warfare 1.(with a bit of World at War)

If this game disapoints I probably wont be coming back, I do however find it pretty scummy that a MAP is locked behind a Season Pass or the expensive Collector's Edition.

So this game unlocks in around 6-7 hours? since I'm in Australia,right?

Pre-loaded on PS4 and hoping for the best. I'd like to see Sledgehammer reach closer to Treyarch's recent output. Just don't be another MW3/Ghosts please.

wrongway

Damn, so this'll be unlockable in just a few hours if you VPN to NZ, eh? Hopefully there will be some good PC impressions in here by the time I stumble out of bed. Fingers crossed for a solid port. :x

Malcolm9

Really hope this is a return to form for the franchise. I want something as magical as COD4 :(

Quotes like this are funny because COD 4 Modern Warfare was a fresh twist on the FPS genre at the time, so of course you'll always have that feeling, but it's difficult to get that back as we have seen so many shooters since then that have used different styles and mechanics to try and enhance it further, some always not successful.

ramuh

You guys want a Badass (only in my head) player to add that chats hit me up Monday on PS4. Alizar

patchday

Wow awesome screenshots. Been playing Destiny for awhile now. Will be great to be able to play a dedicated singleplayer/multiplayer game. Cant wait. please dont fail me!

bbd23

what the hell, I didn't realize this was coming out first week of November.

this version of COD looks very interesting. Have never bought a COD game before but might if impressions are good!

looks great graphically

Malcolm9

I'm quite interested in this as well.

I've not been one to buy COD each year so the gameplay and the gaming experience I get still feel fresh.

Quotes like this are funny because COD 4 Modern Warfare was a fresh twist on the FPS genre at the time, so of course you'll always have that feeling, but it's difficult to get that back as we have seen so many shooters since then that have used different styles and mechanics to try and enhance it further, some always not successful.

It's really funny because Black Ops was actually better than 4, at least the multiplayer was. People just feel they have to say 4 is the end all be all because it was the trendsetter. I like 4 but loooooved BO online.

kudoboi

anyone else find it weird that the steam page does not have a countdown timer?

FM24Tza.png

Etnos

Banned
Where can I read some impressions?

There are a lot of people who had gotten the game early and have been writing about it in here and various other video game related forums, most impression say this is the best COD in a while . If you looking for "official" gaming outlet impression, I don't think there those per-se because obvious embargo, yet there are plenty of game play videos and they look good imo.

RyudBoy

Anyone know if I buy this digitally for 360 that it will count as a punch card for Xbox Live Rewards, or is that only for XB1 games?

BokehKing

Banned
Happy to see they borrowed a lot from Treyarch, and stayed away from IW ideas that are usually awful.

Pick 13
Loot drops
Crap I may have to get this, I really didn't want to but it's going to happen. I may have to take a PTO day Monday, ugh

M.W.

Happy to see they borrowed a lot from Treyarch, and stayed away from IW ideas that are usually awful.

Pick 13
Loot drops
Crap I may have to get this, I really didn't want to but it's going to happen. I may have to take a PTO day Monday, ugh
Gun Game too.

Vidpixel

I look forward to getting decimated the first couple of days until I actually learn the maps and figure out my preferred loadout.

Picking up my PS4 copy tomorrow. it'll be the first CoD I play since Blops. I guess I'm a sucker for jetpacks (BTW, you missed a golden opportunity by not calling the OT "CoD with Jetpacks")

A_Gorilla

Banned
My Atlas Pro Edition just shipped from Amazon!

This will be the first season pass that I have ever bought for a CoD game.

Malcolm9

It's really funny because Black Ops was actually better than 4, at least the multiplayer was. People just feel they have to say 4 is the end all be all because it was the trendsetter. I like 4 but loooooved BO online.

I agree, BO 1 online surpassed the experience I got from COD 4 MA, obviously it's all down to opinions but I find 4 is held far too high in regard, but as you said it was the trendsetter at the time.

Personally I felt Rainbow 6 Vegas was a better multiplayer game, but kill streaks came in and the rest was history.

BokehKing

Banned
Truth, black ops 1 saved us from all that was wrong with MW2 and gave the middle finger to quickscopers.

Cod4 was an amazing experience, the game came out and pretty much strutted over to my 360, ripped Halo out of my 360.. spit on it and then broke it in half. Hands down I will always remember that.

But yeah, looking back on COD4, I think people are forgetting about Martydom/3xFrag & Acog Bolt Action sniping.

If they "remastered" cod4 with out jumping the shark (like Idk, turning it into the steroid junky that was mw2) I would be down for that.

BONDO

So i might be biting into the hype for whatever reason but do i need to preorder to get the game on the 3rd?(Day zero edition)

BO couldve been a good game. The connection was a pure shit show though so the game automatically bad from it. Absolute worst cod pending on netcode alone.

DSix

Banned
First CoD ever. I'm digging the context for once, and been craving close quarter MP shooting for a while. Preload ready.

BokehKing

Banned
BO couldve been a good game. The connection was a pure shit show though so the game automatically bad from it. Absolute worst cod pending on netcode alone.
I've heard people say this but I didn't experience that, apart from the occasional lag, I think people were just mad (not necessarily you) that you couldn't get easy 2 bullet kills like you could in (mw2/mw3 and Ghost)

People think super low TTK = good net code and vice versa

Top Bottom