• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

Neophant

Seriously, a Batman movie modeled after The Game would be pretty dope. I like The Game despite how crazy it gets. I feel like a Batman film done in that style would be a breath of fresh air. For as many Batman films we have, I don't think any of them take the detective side of Batman seriously. Nolan and Burton certainly didn't. And Snyder didn't even care lol.

I actually had an idea for a Batman solo trilogy where the first movie would be very similarly structured to The Game, except with a bunch more villains in cameo roles and an established world that Gotham City would be like prior and after the arrival of metahumans like Superman appearing.

Bleepey

You don't know that. Batman deduced Lex was searching for Kryptonite and preparing to smuggle it. He tracked down the Russian to an underground fight. He figured out where Diana would be with only a glimpse at the gala. He knows were the Sword of Alexander is when even a curator doesn't. He can crack military encryption. From Suicide Squad, we learn that Belle Reve is a black site and we know Lex is at Belle Reve based on the should patches of the guards. Waller describes Belle Reve as a thrown away hole. Yet, Batman finds Lex and infiltrates this black site to get face to face with Lex.

Do you really think he needed any "help" identifying Flash or Aquaman?

If this is low-bar discount-detective Batman, how would he even know Waller knows anything? This is a Batman that's developed intelligence network that covers all of the above- Lex's scientist soliciting locals, underground fights, smuggled weapons, and government black sites. It's disgraceful to pretend that's nothing.

Batman simply wants to know what Waller knows.

If you think it was solely about Flash or Aquaman, why is the first page we see Enchantress? Waller asks him "Why Mr. Wayne?" and he answers, "I just like to make friends." His way of saying, "They're mine and off limits." If they don't have this tête-à-tête, Batman happily recruits Flash and two months later, Waller is kicking down Barry's door at 4AM looking to plant a nano-explosive in his brain-stem. This was not about, "Please Amanda, help me!" How absurd! Waller is ASKING for Bruce's protection and Bruce ends the scene with a threat, "Shut it down." Just because you can't deduce what's going on doesn't mean the movies didn't show Batman is capable of significant deduction.
dhMeAzK.gif

okdakor

Yet, Batman finds Lex and infiltrates this black site to get face to face with Lex.

I don't think Batman needs to infiltrate to meet Lex, he's Batman. Like for the interrogation scene in TDK, he just shows his batcard and security opens the door and asks him if he wants a coffee... And he always tip them.

SJRB

Gold Member
I don't think Batman needs to infiltrate to meet Lex, he's Batman. Like for the interrogation scene in TDK, he just shows his batcard and security opens the door and asks him if he wants a coffee... And he always tip them.

I also thought they would just let him in. Especially after the officer tells Lex to stand and put his head against the wall, and then just leaves.

Batman probably slid him a few bucks and asked him to flip the lightswitch to make his entrance more dramatic.

Corpsepyre

Banned
More pre-release bullshit DC hype that amounts to a 25 % RT. Please don't believe anything you hear about till the film actually comes out in November.

Penguin

It's special to see a blockbuster this early so I guess feelings are always elevated.

Eh it depends

I see a lot of movies early and it doesn't necessarily color my impressions. If anything usually makes it easier for me to really get my thoughts since can only speak to so few people around it.

NOW if it's something SUPER special like when I went to the BvS World Premiere, I acknowledge that colors my impressions

I will say, people who've seen a movie super early, signed some paperwork not to talk, but go online to gab about it anyway... they're likely looking for a reaction and attention. Be it positive or negative.

Speaking of which, Batman-News is claiming Lex isn't in the version screened.

Ninjimbo

Whedon cut Lex. Damn. It all comes tumbling down afterall.

Anyways, I think JL is going to be fine reception wise. I'm actually going to believe these test screening people and go in expecting some safe crowd pleaser movie. I don't think WB can mess those up.

strafer

I will say, people who've seen a movie super early, signed some paperwork not to talk, but go online to gab about it anyway... they're likely looking for a reaction and attention. Be it positive or negative.

Speaking of which, Batman-News is claiming Lex isn't in the version screened.

How trusty is batman news?

Ninjimbo

Wasn‘t the whole Wonder Woman plot on reddit after such screening? I remember GAF being more negative to that than the final movie turned out to be.
Do we know how accurate it was? I remember reading the spoilers but I had forgotten nearly everything when I finally saw the movie. I do remember the thread being kind of apathetic towards the plot. WW's plot doesn't read all that well tbh.

IconGrist

Wasn‘t the whole Wonder Woman plot on reddit after such screening? I remember GAF being more negative to that than the final movie turned out to be.

That's because the one everybody latched on to as the "true" description was the one that ended up not being true for the most part. Only a few scenes were correct. Another description that was dead on was largely ignored.

Ashhong

Spent like the last hour reading a dude's post on reddit. I am...slightly optimistic about the movie. Seems pretty average-good, which is enough for me.

Do we know how accurate it was? I remember reading the spoilers but I had forgotten nearly everything when I finally saw the movie. I do remember the thread being kind of apathetic towards the plot. WW's plot doesn't read all that well tbh.

What I remember the most about that topic was GAF making fun of the "she's writing an email!" thing.

Ashhong

I didn't want to post the link cause I wasn't sure how spoilerphobic we all were, but that's the one I read ^

Do we want to discuss it? Spoiler tags?

J_Viper

I think spoiler tagging any specific bits would be alright

The most worrying part is him saying there are no stand-out action scenes. Particularly there not being a Bat scene at the level of the warehouse scene

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I think spoiler tagging any specific bits would be alright

The most worrying part is him saying there are no stand-out action scenes. Particularly there not being a Bat scene at the level of the warehouse scene
I don't believe anything this guys says. Those shots of Batman taking out the Parademons seems like it's going to be his "warehouse" scene in JL.

J_Viper

The League literally digging up Superman and taking him to a revive station
is something I've read so many times on 4chan over the past few months. I think it might be legit.

Which is kinda a shame because that sounds real dumb

I don't believe anything this guys says. Those shots of Batman taking out the Parademons seems like it's going to be his "warehouse" scene in JL.

He brings that up in reply, but said it's not as exciting as the BvS scene

I find it hard to believe that our Lord and Savior Snyder will let us down in the action department though.

Ashhong

lol I said "thats some Joss Whedon shit" as soon as I read that.

The way I took that was that it used the old music for that, not that Flash says it himself. Flash saying it does make more sense, in a Joss way.

No
come together fight scene
has me a sad though

I guess one thing to consider about action scenes is even if Snyder/Caro choreographed and filmed them, they could always be ruined in post-production with fast and messy cuts.

Ashhong

It just all sounds super safe. Like, safer than Avengers. I hope the final cut is better, but I guess we all knew this was coming. We need to wait for the solo movies to be amazing, namely Aquaman and Batman.

J_Viper

I guess one thing to consider about action scenes is even if Snyder/Caro choreographed and filmed them, they could always be ruined in post-production with fast and messy cuts.

It's certainly possible, but it'd be hard to imagine considering Joss is no slouch at developing action scenes either

Top Bottom