• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

Kibbles

Let’s talk about the Joker a little bit. Were you scared to take on the Joker?

I was both—the Joker was an intense and incredible experience. I mean, playing the part was I think probably the most fun I’ve ever had making a film.

You were, um, let’s just say you were extreme on set with people.

I had a lot of fun, but it wasn’t as extreme as the media made it out to be. And I know some of the stories were just kind of goofy and weird, so it was titillating. That stuff has a tendency to go viral or something. But it really wasn’t like that for us on set. I mean, it was a kind of scary prospect to take on a role that had been portrayed so well by such a phenomenal actor in Heath Ledger. But it also was an opportunity and something that, as challenging as it seemed, was quite an honor to be asked to take the baton and run with it. And, you know, filmmaking’s a collaborative process and we all did what we had to do to try to bring these crazy characters to life. But we had a lot of fun. I mean, nobody was taking it too serious on that set, you know. We all were laughing a lot and we had a good time.
https://www.wmagazine.com/story/jared-leto-blade-runner-2049-30-seconds-to-mars?mbid=social_twitter

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Just found out a friend of mine will be working on the new Batman movie. They also worked on Man of Steel. Super jelly right now.

Affleck, 45, got into character while taking a selfie with another attendee.

“The fan said, ’It’s nice to take a picture with Batman.' And Ben said, 'nice jacket' in his Batman voice,” the eyewitness says.

No matter the universe, Batman appreciates quality outerwear.

Bring back the nice coat hobo from begins. Gotta have that scene with batfleck. Make it a Batman tradition

He can be DC's Stan Lee.

It's sad to think Adam West never had the opportunity to cameo in a movie. Sounded like Affleck and Reeves would've been keen to the idea being fans of his TV show. And I bet Patty Jenkins includes a Linda Carter cameo in Wonder Woman 2 as she seemed regretful it couldn't work for WW1.

Bleepey

Seriously, a Batman movie modeled after The Game would be pretty dope. I like The Game despite how crazy it gets. I feel like a Batman film done in that style would be a breath of fresh air. For as many Batman films we have, I don't think any of them take the detective side of Batman seriously. Nolan and Burton certainly didn't. And Snyder didn't even care lol.
Dude. White Portuguese sub plot.

Busty

Banned
Just found out a friend of mine will be working on the new Batman movie. They also worked on Man of Steel. Super jelly right now.

I don't suppose he has a rough idea of when it will go into production? I know some are saying the studio is eyeing a 2019 release but 2020 seems more likely to me.

Effect

nah, keanu will be playing adam jensen

Thanks. Hadn't realized I wanted that until now. I'm actually surprised no one has optioned a Deus Ex film. It would actually translate pretty easily to film or even to a show without much issue. Maybe if Blade Runner 2049 does really well.

We don't deserve a Batman movie. Reeves, run far away.

Technically we wouldn't even need a solo Batman movie that urgently to be honest..DC has a lot of characters to play with, and we just had a 80% batman driven movie in BVS and we will get more of it in JL. But yeah, I know "golden goose", etc

Busty

Banned
Thanks. Hadn't realized I wanted that until now. I'm actually surprised no one has optioned a Deus Ex film. It would actually translate pretty easily to film or even to a show without much issue. Maybe if Blade Runner 2049 does really well.

American Assassin producer CBS Film had optioned it but I'm not sure anything ever became of it.

It's not a 'very sexy' IP and it would be expensive to mount so interest is low.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I don't suppose he has a rough idea of when it will go into production? I know some are saying the studio is eyeing a 2019 release but 2020 seems more likely to me.
All I know is that my friend hasn't started on it yet, but it sounded like they were about to begin in the next few weeks (my guess since they weren't taking any new freelance work). They didn't go into any details or give me a starting date since they want to keep their job, haha.

J_Viper

Now that Kingsman 2 is rotten, can WB please not get Vaughn for MoS2?

Technically we wouldn't even need a solo Batm-
Q5L9D5R.gif

We got roughly 8 weeks/2 months to go so to pass the time gonna try and check out various League origins/tales/first encounters.

Starting with The Brave and the Bold #28.

I dig this

All I know is that my friend hasn't started on it yet, but it sounded like they were about to begin in the next few weeks (my guess since they weren't taking any new freelance work). They didn't go into any details or give me a starting date since they want to keep their job, haha.
That's interesting, I was thinking it'd be a while till production starts

Especially if they need to hold auditions for a new Batman : (

Here's a Wired article about Snyder's "Snow Steam Iron" project - a four-minute short he did with an iPhone (and some other gear):

Creating the four-minute-long short, Snow Steam Iron, which just premiered on the somewhat obscure social networking app Vero, was what Snyder says he needed to do once he left Justice League behind. He wanted to be around family and friends; making a movie was the easiest way to do that. His daughter, Willow, a makeup artist, helped. His son, Eli, brought along friends from UCLA to be set PAs. He enlisted friend Samantha Jo (who played Amazonian warrior Euboea in Wonder Woman) for the lead role. They shot the whole thing the last weekend of April in and around Snyder's office on the Warner Bros. lot in Los Angeles.

Snow Steam Iron also exists as a proof of concept. The other thing Snyder has been doing in the last few months, besides prepping his next two movies (more on those in a minute), has been planning to teach a film basics course at his alma mater, ArtCenter College of Design. According to Snyder, he wants the class to instill a sense that anyone with a phone can make a movie—but he realized as he was planning it that he'd never done it himself. The short, then, is a way for him to ”make sure I'm not telling these kids something that isn't true."

Also, he talks about his level of involvement on Justice League since stepping away:

Snyder says it'd be ”unfair in a lot of ways" for him to get involved again after being off the movie for so long. ”I'm at a place where I feel excited about it and I'm happy for my guys and I love these people that are working on it, and they're my family and I think they're doing an amazing job," he says. ”But I've kind of just let them do their thing."

He's still exec producing DC movies, but he'll be busy working on The Last Photograph and his (possible) class at the ArtCenter College

Neat that they made the short film on an iphone with friends/family. I'm not about to sign up for Vero or whatever, but I'd like to see it when it's available elsewhere.

Ninjimbo

Dude. White Portuguese sub plot.
Yeah, that counts. You got me there. But I feel like Snyder's take is less about the detective and more about Bruce's own psychology and morality. That's what stands out to me in BvS. I want to see Bats going through evidence, interrogating people and putting pieces of a mystery together. Something that's Fincher-esque.

For me the difference is Batman doing detective work in an action/crime movie and a Batman mystery/thriller genre movie. The latter hasn’t been done and is an interesting direction to take. Along the lines of Maltese Falcon, Chinatown, Inherent Vice, Seven, Gone Baby Gone, etc.

For me the difference is Batman doing detective work in an action/crime movie and a Batman mystery/thriller genre movie. The latter hasn’t been done and is an interesting direction to take. Along the lines of Maltese Falcon, Chinatown, Inherent Vice, Seven, Gone Baby Gone, etc.

I'm down for an Inherent Vise-esque Batman detective movie.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I bought BvS extended cut 3D version, but of course the extended cut isn't in 3D. Was the 4K disc the extended cut? Bought Suicide Squad Extended in 4K as well (again, the extended cut wasn't in 4K), and am also waiting on my Wonder Woman 4K to arrive from Amazon.

Bleepey

To see how LOW is the batman detective bar....

BATMAN HAD TO ASK AMANDA WALLER TO HELP IDENTIFY WHO THE FLASH AND AQUAMAN WAS

He is a DISGRACE for comic/tas batman

Well in JL, he is gonna go on a scavenger hunt for all of them. Also why is it a bad thing he asks Amanda for help, she knows who they are, he just saves time.

I bought BvS extended cut 3D version, but of course the extended cut isn't in 3D. Was the 4K disc the extended cut? Bought Suicide Squad Extended in 4K as well (again, the extended cut wasn't in 4K), and am also waiting on my Wonder Woman 4K to arrive from Amazon.
The 4K release of BvS is the extended cut.

a916

Um... being a detective doesn't mean he can't ask anyone questions...

DaveH

You don't know that. Batman deduced Lex was searching for Kryptonite and preparing to smuggle it. He tracked down the Russian to an underground fight. He figured out where Diana would be with only a glimpse at the gala. He knows were the Sword of Alexander is when even a curator doesn't. He can crack military encryption. From Suicide Squad, we learn that Belle Reve is a black site and we know Lex is at Belle Reve based on the should patches of the guards. Waller describes Belle Reve as a thrown away hole. Yet, Batman finds Lex and infiltrates this black site to get face to face with Lex.

Do you really think he needed any "help" identifying Flash or Aquaman?

If this is low-bar discount-detective Batman, how would he even know Waller knows anything? This is a Batman that's developed intelligence network that covers all of the above- Lex's scientist soliciting locals, underground fights, smuggled weapons, and government black sites. It's disgraceful to pretend that's nothing.

Batman simply wants to know what Waller knows.

If you think it was solely about Flash or Aquaman, why is the first page we see Enchantress? Waller asks him "Why Mr. Wayne?" and he answers, "I just like to make friends." His way of saying, "They're mine and off limits." If they don't have this tête-à-tête, Batman happily recruits Flash and two months later, Waller is kicking down Barry's door at 4AM looking to plant a nano-explosive in his brain-stem. This was not about, "Please Amanda, help me!" How absurd! Waller is ASKING for Bruce's protection and Bruce ends the scene with a threat, "Shut it down." Just because you can't deduce what's going on doesn't mean the movies didn't show Batman is capable of significant deduction.

Never understood the whole dumb brute thing about Afflecks Batman myself. If this Batman is considered dumb then I dont even know what to say about past live action iterations of Batman.

Top Bottom