• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan Season 2 |OT| NO MANGA TALK

Status
Not open for further replies.
No manga talk beyond what has been covered up to the current episode please. Also don't be that guy who thinks they are clever by constantly hint-hinting at stuff, or the person who constantly asks questions that would obviously be a spoiler if answered.

CPIkKzo.jpg

It been four years since the Attack on Titan anime exploded into popularity. Do people still give a shit anymore? Lets find out!!

In case you need a quick recap and summary because its been four years - and I don't really blame you - here's a refresher.

Humanity as we know it has been driven to the brink of extinction by massive humanoid monsters known as Titans, big, dumb and naked creatures of varying degrees of size and intelligence. While mostly mindless and seemingly without a goal, the sheer number of Titans and their durability has pushed mankind into a very small region of the world. The last bastion of humanity lies within a city surrounded by a massive 50 meter wall, with two more walls of equal size inside the city. This kept the Titans out, until the appearance of two smarter and bigger Titans - a Titan covered in armor, and one tall enough to tower over the wall.

Enter the Survey Corps - a portion of the military dedicated to combating and studying the Titans, as well as exploration outside the walls. While commonly thought of as an army of suicidal people due to their low success rate and high mortality rate, they still symbolize hope for mankind. They are the most adept when it comes to the usage of the vertical maneuvering gear - or 3DMG - allowing for Spider-Man like swinging abilities and the ideal method to swing onto a Titan and cut their largest weak point; the nape of the neck. Most of our main characters are Survey Corps.

While a dedicated member of the Survey Corps, Eren Yeager is eventually eaten by a Titan and killed in battle. But suddenly, the Titan who ate him erupts from within and there stands a smarter Titan that looks just like him. After winning the trust of the military and learning how to shift into the form at will, Eren becomes the keystone of the offense against the Titans.

After carrying a boulder for 5 episodes to clog up a hole, it becomes clear that using Eren's Titan abilities can be a huge advantage. During an expedition outside the walls in a forest area, another shocking discovery was made of a female Titan very similar to Eren who is openly hostile. This culminates in the reveal that the female Titan is in fact one of their Survey Corps comrades, Annie. After her defeat, Annie manages to harden her body into pure crystal and block any attempts at interrogation.

Where do Annie's allegiances lie? What is the nature of the mysterious Titan "Shifters" who can seemingly turn into a Titan at will? Are there other humans outside the walls? What are the Titans? What is the nature of the Titan found inside one of the walls after the battle with Annie? Whats in that fucking basement anyway? Maybe you will get answers to some of these! I'm not tellin'!

Staff and Cast

Director - Tetsurou Araki

Sound Director - Misafumi Mima

Character Design - Yoji Asano

Original Creator - Hajime Isayama

Music - Hiroyuki Sawano

Eren Yeager - Voiced by Yuki Kaji (Yukine from Norigami, Koichi in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Kenma in Haikyuu)

chara_detail_elen.png

Eren is our main character and also a huge idiot who can never win a fight. His main talents are yelling, being angry, swearing to wipe out all the Titans, and losing fights.

Mikasa Ackerman - Voiced by Yui Ishikawa (China in Gundam Build Fighters, Koto in Gi(a)rlish Number)

tumblr_nu11srfiTH1t0iqxqo1_400.gif

Hobbies – Eren
Height – Eren
Weight – Eren
Birthday – Eren
Blood Type – Eren
Zodiac - Eren

Armin Arlert - Voiced by Marina Inoue (Laura from Infinite Stratos, Sodachi in Owarimonogatari, Yoko in Gurren Lagann)

chara_detail_almin.png

Armin is a huge coward who is actually useful, proving that coward scumbag tactics are more valuable than sheer bravado like Eren. He likes to cry about Titans, cry about the Ocean and cry that his hair looks dumb.

ReviRivaiRavioli Captain Levi

chara_detail_rivai.png

Ravioli heichou is the ubermencsh of humanity despite being 5 foot 2. He is known for getting more work done then Eren despite not being a Shifter, being a neat freak, beating up Eren and making fangirls wet themselves.

Hanji Zoe

chara_detail_hanji.png

Hanji is a weirdo who is obsessed with the biology of Titans and Ravioli's co-commander. She is normally jubilant and cheery, but has a tendency to have mood swings, usually to anger.

ALSO FEATURING - Potato Girl, Bert and Ernie, a girl made of crystal, Speed Weed, Based Erwin, Christa and Gay for Christa, The Skulls Parasite Unit, Marco's Corpse, King Kong, The Basement and Jeans. Oh yeah and Connie.

INFO

AIRS SATURDAY, APRIL 1ST AND EVERY SATURDAY AFTER THAT. 10:30 AM ET

THIS SEASON IS TWELVE EPISODES

Official Site

PV1

PV2

Crunchyroll

Hulu

Funimation

AnimeLab (AUS and NZ)

No subscriptions? Simulcast the first episode for free with VRV using Crunchyroll

Moaradin

Hopefully the pacing and production problems of the first season aren't gonna be an issue with 12 episodes.

I'll await reactions from THAT arc from people who haven't read the manga. Maybe they do a better job with it in the anime but in the manga it made me drop it entirely out of boredom.

Elandyll

Banned
So you make an OT while being super down on the show, snarky and b*tching about its characters?

but-why.gif

Is this the equivalent of a hate F*ck or something?

How dare they shove Jean into a tiny fraction of the poster. Jean gets no respect, damn it.

Get ready for
Clint Eastwood
!

I was 22 years old and living in a different country when season 1 came out. Many of my friends went from college dumbasses to having 2 kids since then. What a wait.

Socivol

After such a long wait 12 episodes is super lame especially considering they have a ton of material they could adapt.

Well since it's 12 episodes the pacing should be better and animation quality pretty consistent, right?

You'd hope but not necessarily. What it probably means is you won't have to wait another four years for more of it, kind of like how Gintama has moved on from doing 50 episode seasons to dropping a 12/13 episode one every once in a while. The PV's do look pretty nice, but Attack on Titan S1 was extremely prone to bursts of awesome stuff and then 20 minutes of ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so I wouldn't get super excited.

So you make an OT while being super down on the show, snarky and b*tching about its characters?

Nah I actually like Attack on Titan for the most part.

So 12 episodes, does that mean we get new episodes every year till it ends now at least?

Doesn't sound unreasonable. They have a lot to adapt now.

Geist-

Eh, I guess I'll watch it. Both the first season and the manga got worse as they went along, but maybe there will be some nice visuals in this season.

Real talk - those Attack on Titan OPs and EDs were really, really good.

I still maintain the huge popularity of the series in the West (and probably on NicoNico as well) sprung up from all the parody videos of the first OP.

jwk94

Do we have an ETA on the dub?

Also, I still think AoT Junior High is better than the main series. I wish we were getting a second season of that too =/

Betty

Banned
Real talk - those Attack on Titan OPs and EDs were really, really good.

I still maintain the huge popularity of the series in the West (and probably on NicoNico as well) sprung up from all the parody videos of the first OP.

No it's just a really entertaining show... when the Titans are around.

Also I still enjoy the mystery aspect to it.

I doubt you'll be waiting long. Funi has become increasingly faster and better at dubbing recently.

No it's just a really entertaining show... when the Titans are around.

Also I still enjoy the mystery aspect to it.

You aren't wrong, its an immediately gripping series with an interesting premise that has similarities to things already popular in the West and an easy aesthetic to get into to, similar to One Punch Man.

But that OP tho

So I just wanna make sure, there's no way for me to watch this with my Verizon Fios TV subscription, right? Funimation/Crunchroll don't do that?

Well, bye :(

but-why.gif

Animegaf is really obnoxious with in-jokes.

Looking forward to this but a bit bummed it is only 12 episodes.

Also, I still think AoT Junior High is better than the main series. I wish we were getting a second season of that too =/

Since they did not announce a day 1 dub like for MHA it's probably going to be 2 weeks. They said it would be on DubbleTalk after all.

IT's going to be on Dubbletalk so yes.

Also since it's not in the OP yet it airs at 10h30 AM ET tomorrow.

Thanks.

Idk how you guys watch dubs, they usually sound lame acting wise.

People prefer what they started with, like how a lot of people waited for a dub for Dragon Ball Super before they started watching it.

Coming from a background of a massive film fan, I've never had an issue with subtitles.

Knowing what happens in the manga, should be a good season. There's a pretty good stopping point too, tho I suspect the cliffhanger is going to be killer.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Here for
Ymir x Christa.
Bring on the purity baybaaaaaaay~!

As well as
Mikasa's abs.
*swoons*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom