• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan Season 2 Confirmed for Spring 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlmyc

The staff of the Attack on Titan franchise revealed at the "Shingeki Matsuri" event on Sunday that the anime's second season will premiere in spring 2017. The announcement also reveals a new visual (below) and the second season's staff and cast.

The staff includes:

Chief Director: Tetsuro Araki (director of first season)
Director: Masashi Koizuka (storyboard, episode director for first season)
Series Composition: Yasuko Kobayashi
Character Design: Kyoji Asano
Chief Animation Director: Kyoji Asano, Satoshi Kadowaki, Ayumi Yamada
Animation Production: WIT STUDIO
Assistant Director: Hiroyuki Tanaka
Action Animation Director: Yasuyuki Ebara, Arifumi Imai, Takuma Ebisu
Art Setting: Yuuho Taniuchi
Titan Setting: Takaaki Chiba
Prop Design: Takuma Ebisu
Color Key: Ken Hashimoto
Art Director: Shunichiro Yoshihara
3DCG Director: Shigenori Hirozumi
3DCG Producer: Shuhei Yabuta
Director of Photography: Kazuhiro Yamada
Editing: Aya Hida
Sound Director: Masafumi Mima
Music: Hiroyuki Sawano
Sound Effects: Shizuo Kurahashi
Sound Production: Techno Sound

The returning cast includes:

Yuuki Kaji as Eren
Yui Ishikawa as Mikasa
Marina Inoue as Armin
Kishō Taniyama as Jean
Yu Shimamura as Annie
Yu Kobayashi as Sasha
Shiori Mikami as Christa
Hiro Shimono as Conny
Yoshimasa Hosoya as Reiner
Tomohisa Hashizume as Bertholt
Saki Fujita as Ymir
Hiroshi Kamiya as Levi
Daisuke Ono as Erwin
Romi Park as Hanji
Keiji Fujiwara as Hannes

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...e-2nd-season-premieres-in-spring-2017/.103914

9Z13XWr.jpg

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I never finished the first season. Did it really have some substantial changes from the manga and become its own thing?

Not really.
They slightly changed the ending in case they didn't get a Season 2. I imagine they'll retcon it or slightly change the beginning of S2.

Spring 2017, good lord. What's taking so long?

Based on a monthly manga, wanting a lot more material to adapt.

Not really.
They slightly changed the ending in case they didn't get a Season 2. I imagine they'll retcon it or slightly change the beginning of S2.

Based on a monthly manga, wanting a lot more material to adapt.

They already did in the anime film/ova thing so they'll probably just start season 2 at the scene the old anime skipped.

sensui-tomo

took too long for me to get interested in it again, and considering where they left off, its going to be a while before episodes get really good.

I am curious if it will be able to regain the momentum it had after season 1 because people seemed to have lost interest because of the wait. Ended up reading the manga because of the wait and really can't see myself returning to the series with the direction they took.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Now anime fans can be as frustrated and disappointed with the story as the manga readers have been! You people are in for it is all I will say!

jett

D-Member
Now anime fans can be as frustrated and disappointed with the story as the manga readers have been! You people are in for it is all I will say!

Yeah if it's anything like the manga it's going to be awful. I couldn't endure too much of that.

Cool, can't wait to see some really fucking unnecessary lingering shots of dead bodies and a total lack of payoff in the end (brb in ice)

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Except it's better now.

Define better because it is arguably better but then we have to remember what came before and how long it took to get there.

Edit: A better name for the manga should have been Attack on Our Patience.

Thaedolus

Really cool concept that I'll have a hard time going back to after the direction it took...I like the idea of being outgunned and trying to outsmart these things, but normal people being able to turn into them makes it kind of just another mech anime

Except it's better now.

Hope it has. The whole political direction it went was just boring. I really preferred the dispair and struggle themes they were going with initially. I think season 2 itself will be fine but I can see later seasons being tough unless the anime studio takes creative action.

oti

Banned
I felt that way about the middle, then it recovered and was great until the end.

That stupid boulder arc.

I love the setup, it's one of the best I've ever seen in any kind of media. Unfortunately it loses itself in crap. It reminds me of the Super Hero TV genre. The setup episodes are always the best but once they have to actually fill the world with events it just crashes into the ground.

Curious how they're going to pace this. I dropped the manga a few years back but considering where it went there's like maybe a half season of interesting shit before the before the boring stuff takes over.

I know right haha. I'm sure the Manga is at least two seasons ahead now.
I read quite far ahead but stopped becuase I couldn't wait a month between issues.

The first season adapted 35ish chapters in 25 slowish paced episodes and I believe they had another 12ish chapters at the time that weren't adapted

The manga just had chapter 86 released, if they went with the same pacing as last season they'd get to chapter 70ish with 22ish chapters not adapted . Season 2 will probably be adapted at a faster clip so I imagine if season 2 doesn't finish the series (people think the manga is moving into end game) the turn around to a season 3 final season won't be as long unless the author has huge plans to take the story a lot further then anyone anticipated.

Jigolo

Thank you lord almighty. Loved the first episodes and been patiently waiting for this. Not one chapter read past where the anime ended 🙃🙂🙃🙂🙃🙂

Veelk

Banned
Don't know what people's problems with the Manga is. For my tastes it improved over the course of time, not gotten worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom