• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan Season 2 Confirmed for Spring 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Except it's not shonen jump they actually turned down the series (a mistake I imagine they still are kicking themselves for)

I remember around the end of 2013 they tried publishing some series that had a similar dark tone (Hachi -Tokyo 23 ku- and Iron Knight) but they got cancelled quickly.

Kazuhira

So ready for this,s1 was awesome and i still watch it from time to time(ep 20,21 were so fucking intense)
Also,i'm glad the same composer from s1 is back.

Mr Git

Yeah if it's anything like the manga it's going to be awful. I couldn't endure too much of that.

The manga has definitely had low points, but for quite a while now it's been incredible. Probably one of the best going.

KingT

Neo Member
I understand that some might find the political parts boring but it's crucial to the story and things do get better afterward.

Moaradin

Season 1 got pretty boring at points but the premise is still interesting unlike other recent AoT clones. Hopefully this season has decent pacing this time.

I watched season one and really enjoyed it. But that was, like, three years ago. It's awfully hard to sustain my interest in something like this three years after the fact. I would have to rewatch everything.

Man, the Japanese manga/anime industry production cycle doesn't move fast enough for my western habits of media consumption.

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
I felt that way about the middle, then it recovered and was great until the end.

That stupid boulder arc.
My exact feelings. That middle section started getting boring, then picked up once stuff got settled. Titan Eren's shonenigans broke the desperation of the series, but it did get hot enough to stay interesting. Basically the first half was about despair and the second about hope and fighting back.

What's up with the politics in the manga I keep hearing about? Is everyone standing around talking the whole time or what? It's there even enough material for a good season 2, or can they write in some better stuff?

mdubs

Banned
My exact feelings. That middle section started getting boring, then picked up once stuff got settled. Titan Eren's shonenigans broke the desperation of the series, but it did get hot enough to stay interesting. Basically the first half was about despair and the second about hope and fighting back.

What's up with the politics in the manga I keep hearing about? Is everyone standing around talking the whole time or what? It's there even enough material for a good season 2, or can they write in some better stuff?
It'll be fine, people like to exaggerate when it comes to this manga. First cour will have a pretty good battle scene, and the "political stuff" has some good action sequences which will be fine and the entire thing may even translate better into anime.

Then they'd be on pace to wrap it up the series with a third cour (which is ongoing in the manga) which will be pretty much pure action.

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
It'll be fine, people like to exaggerate when it comes to this manga. First cour will have a pretty good battle scene, and the "political stuff" has some good action sequences which will be fine and the entire thing may even translate better into anime.

Then they'd be on pace to wrap it up the series with a third cour (which is ongoing in the manga) which will be pretty much pure action.
Alright, thanks. One more thing, does the last shot of season 1 go anywhere?

Nibel

Having read the manga, I expect this season to be rough
wtzgU.gif

Aters

Mixed feelings towards this. I liked the first season, then read the manga, and it seemed it went to complete bullshit. No idea where the manga is going.

If you're talking about that little post-credits tease, yes.

Man, I thoroughly enjoyed Season 1, but talk about a wait for S2. Hope the animation is great and episodes don't air unfinished this time :p

Mixed feelings towards this. I liked the first season, then read the manga, and it seemed it went to complete bullshit. No idea where the manga is going.

Well, in the latest chapters they
have been fighting against titans, some named character are dead and they are on their way to the basement.

Seems as the expected for AoT!

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Well, in the latest chapters they
have been fighting against titans, some named character are dead and they are on their way to the basement.

Seems as the expected for AoT!

They won't get to that in Season 2 unless they move at a much faster pace than season 1.

DarkKyo

Can't wait! Been reading the manga ever since the first season ended and it has been incredible. Really interested to see where they end season 2.

Wilsongt

Hopefully they can explain the backstory better in anime form than the manga. As soon as the manga shifts away from the Titans it becomes a mess of nonsense and way too many characters are introduced.

The manga is certainly progressing now, but I am highly skeptical it will be animated if it is a 26 ep season.

Galang

Banned
This series brings out the haters in droves. Can't wait for it! I just hope there's enough interesting material to adapt. Praying they skip a lot of the political stuff. Not here for that

Wilsongt

This series brings out the haters in droves. Can't wait for it! I just hope there's enough interesting material to adapt. Praying they skip a lot of the political stuff. Not here for that

Yeah. A lot of it is useless fluff. Focus on the important parts and move along.

zma1013

Is there any chance of them toning down the obnoxious extreme yelling all the time for the new season? I liked what I saw of the show except their only way of expressing emotions is for everyone to annoyingly yell like banshees.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Anyone who has been missing this show should also check out Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress if they haven't already.

DarkKyo

Eh, I'd hardly call the political stuff "fluff". The human side is just as important as the titan side of the series, even if it's not as exciting. The government is
basically one of the biggest roadblocks hindering humanity's resistance. The rebellion is key to humanity's survival and future

mdubs

Banned
Yeah. A lot of it is useless fluff. Focus on the important parts and move along.

You know they aren't going to skip that much.People's perceptions of how long the "talking parts" went on for are exacerbated by this being a monthly series, if you read it back to back it actually isn't nearly as long as you might recall.

Eh, I'd hardly call the political stuff "fluff". The human side is just as important as the titan side of the series, even if it's not as exciting. The government is
basically one of the biggest roadblocks hindering humanity's resistance. The rebellion is key to humanity's survival and future

This too. If you look at the series, it's never been dramatically unbalanced in terms of the action versus the talking. I mean, the last 8 or 9 chapters or whatever have been pretty much straight happening, and and pretty much everything volume 14 onwards has been fast-paced.

It's pretty obvious how this season is going to go, first cour will cover up to volume 12ish, then second cour will finish mid-volume 17. There's a pretty natural ending point there for the season, and then they'll wrap up the series maybe a half-length (one cour) third season judging by the manga potentially winding down right now.

Yes
but differently than you might expect

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I don't get how this was supposed to be released in early 2016. How do they fuck up that badly?

I think season 2 will end with

I agree, that part in the manga felt like "anime season 2 ending spot" with the way it was written and paced... but then season 2 didn't happen for another year and a half so who knows what the plan is anymore maybe they're gonna blitz pace to get to the current manga stuff in anime form especially if this is the finale of the manga.

Been trying to watch season 1 on Netflix, but the main character is so unlikeable.
Support cast are great, but he's a little dick.

They have a pretty hefty amount of material to cover between the end of season 1 and the current manga position.

Guess that guarantees further seasons, but no way in hell do they get to the current situation in the manga in a single season.

Geist-

Been trying to watch season 1 on Netflix, but the main character is so unlikeable.
Support cast are great, but he's a little dick.

It's the same in the manga. Made worse with Mikasa being almost creepily obsessed with him and him being completely oblivious because he's a self-centered egotist.

"Oh, woe is me, I have super powers. My life sucks. Let's talk more about how much of a terrible burden it is."

As a manga reader you guys are in for a real treat!!! If the truly follow the manga it really starts to pick up from where the anime left off

.....and be ready for a a little heartbreak(but that might not happen til a season 3)

mhayes86

It's about time!

The only problem is finding the interest to pick it up again since I've gotten over my hype for it a while ago. I enjoyed the first season, continued with the manga for a bit, then got bored and moved on.

Kazuhira

The political stuff can be sum it up in a few episodes if they remove the filler conversations.
S2 will be pretty action-packed tbh,the fight against armored & colossal,ymir transformation,ape titan,eren learns that he can control titans and a lot of stuff i can't remember right now.
I think S3 will cover the whole Kenny thing and Historia becoming a queen.
btw the last chapter of the manga was fucking nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom