• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan |OT| - Like a Braus

Dragoshi1

My copy shipped from Amazon, had to do 1 day shipping when I placed the order last friday to make sure it gets here launch day, but it'll be worth it!

Impressions sound fun. And I may be the only person who enjoyed the 3DS game, so I'm looking forward to more AoT goodness.

outsidah

There's just too much stuff coming out or that has came out lately. This looks like a fun little ride but not $60 worth. The way games drop in price this will be $20 soon

cireza

I've heard some people say that the manga's been kind of a mess, though.
Not sure that I understand why.

I have been reading it (and I am up to date), and it stays strong and interesting. Recent chapters have been particularly good and the story is making great progress.

For me the low point of the manga is after the first season (so you probably haven't read it),
when they are pursued by the Military Police, with Kenny etc...
. This was total garbage.

DeviatePanda

Neo Member
Haven't seen anyone post this yet so here it is, for anyone having issues with Online crashes with the PC version, apparently it is related to having a mic connected.

"We heard that some people reported crashes during online co-op play. We found that the issue tends to happen when a microphone is used during online co-op play.
We are investigating the issue now so meantime please do not connect a microphone to the PC port during co-op play for the time being.
Thank you for your support."

Link to the steam post: Here

antitrop

This game is awesome! I only planned on playing the first couple missions and just kept going for hours. The learning curve was practically non-existent,(in a good way, because the game expects you to practically master it immediately). By the second mission I already felt completely comfortable flying through the air, and it looks and feels incredible.

I mean, other than the framerate, everything is alllllllll good. I can also look past it a bit, because it only gets really hairy when there's lots of environmental destruction going on, and I think that's a worthy tradeoff for a game that pushes spectacle like this one.

Beezy

Have any of you been able to play this online on consoles? I tried looking for a game to join and it froze on me. When I made my own room instead, no one joined. :(

I'm playing on the Xbox One. This game is so awesome.

Namikaze

There's no Vsync on the PC version? So tearing all over the place :(

Guess I'll go with PS4 in this case.

You can force it through Nvidia control panel (along with the missing AA) easily. I ended up refunding the steam version for the PS4 version since I was having even more problems than just aa/vsync by the two hour mark. I'm much happier that the game just works now without any glitches so far.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
This game is awesome! I only planned on playing the first couple missions and just kept going for hours. The learning curve was practically non-existent,(in a good way, because the game expects you to practically master it immediately). By the second mission I already felt completely comfortable flying through the air, and it looks and feels incredible.

I mean, other than the framerate, everything is alllllllll good. I can also look past it a bit, because it only gets really hairy when there's lots of environmental destruction going on, and I think that's a worthy tradeoff for a game that pushes spectacle like this one.

lol seems like the game got its hooks into you. Good to hear it was worth the wait

bede-x

You can force it through Nvidia control panel (along with the missing AA) easily. I ended up refunding the steam version for the PS4 version since I was having even more problems than just aa/vsync by the two hour mark. I'm much happier that the game just works now without any glitches so far.

I know it can be forced, but I use my PC primarily in big picture mode and consider things like that a dealbreaker as long as there's a decent PS4 version. To each his own I guess :)

cireza

Played some more yesterday.

I thought that the game was getting more difficult, but it was simply one mission that was harder than usual. I have been progressing smoothly since I passed this mission.

The one where you have to stop Annie.

The ability of Armin and Hange
to give orders looks like the most powerful one to me so far.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Nice video.

They did not translate the book ? That's pretty disappointing.

Would have been funny if those were left over stock from Japan used as honestly the Treasure Box was pretty bad in regards to content vs cost.

mcz117chief

:(
Pass until its in the bargain bin. I dont want to try reading stuff while in the heat of battle, so this basically falls off the radar now.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ROFL OKAY

I agree with this post. This is my biggest problem with Warriors Orochi 3, the gameplay is really frantic and chaotic so reading those novels worth of text during every single battle is exhausting. Luckily I found out that they are mostly meaningless and that anything worth reading is presented to you before and after the battle, although I am not how relevant or important the mid-mission dialogue is in this game.

Sapientas

I agree with this post. This is my biggest problem with Warriors Orochi 3, the gameplay is really frantic and chaotic so reading those novels worth of text during every single battle is exhausting. Luckily I found out that they are mostly meaningless and that anything worth reading is presented to you before and after the battle, although I am not how relevant or important the mid-mission dialogue is in this game.
Wow never knew this was a legit issue. Not being a native English speaker, it's second nature to me and never thought about it. Either way, the mid mission dialogue is pretty unimportant and actually small. Plus if you've already seen the anime you won't miss a thing.

Played some more yesterday.

I thought that the game was getting more difficult, but it was simply one mission that was harder than usual. I have been progressing smoothly since I passed this mission.

The one where you have to stop Annie.

The ability of Armin and Hange
to give orders looks like the most powerful one to me so far.

Oh it's going to get harder, especially on "true attack mode"
Christa's abilty is the best, Erwin has the same thing as her and armin/hange, but the problem with erwin is that you don't gain special bar if you order team mates to attack, so him having Christa's ability is kinda pointless unless you want to ignore his order ability.

There's not much to the objectives in this game, you either protect the blue shield with an extra outline on it, you go to the green ! for side missions, or you go to the red ! for the main mission.
Plus your objective is always shown in the top left.

Sapientas

Thank you, glad to know I'm almost halfway through the game.
The Epilogue is not worth the time IMO, since it's filler and requires a little bit of grinding.

There's also the True Attack Mode that's unlocked after completing the campaign, but I think few people actually play this. Game makes a steep curve there.

Do you actually get something from completing true attack mode? Don't want to go through it, if it's just a very hard mode of the story.

Sapientas

Do you actually get something from completing true attack mode? Don't want to go through it, if it's just a very hard mode of the story.
A bunch of high end materials are only avaliable at the last battles in it. To get the best equipment you need to grind them out. Feels kinda pointless considering the structure of the game though, since there's no real incentive for you to get the best gear, other than a trophy or OCD I guess.

Musou games have always been about grinding for high level gear or higher levels, because at a certain point you simply become too strong for regular difficulty.

Top Bottom