• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Humble Monthly Bundle

Wok

The Sneak Peek demo of Hollow Knight is one of the best games of the bundle so far. I love the artstyle and gameplay.

Jimrpg

What do you mean better? The selection has been excellent of recent months. I don't think it's reasonable to expect more at this point. Total Warhammer came out only half a year ago. That's pretty notable.

The selections have been great for the last few months. I think you're reading too much into my comment. I just mean with more subscribers/money they can offer devs more money and in return the monthly games selection will reflect the increased subscribers.

Tbh I don't know how they'll ever top Xcom 2 and Dragon's Dogma and Rocket League. Those were amazing monthly leads.

Total War is neat but I'm interested in the other mystery games this time.

I didn't mean the games were bad. They were great value. I'm just saying that there's potential for humble to keep topping themselves if subscribers increase.

zulux21

Can you stop spamming this everywhere. This is bordering advertising.

May I ask, have I done something to offend you in the past or something?
As I have no clue where this is coming from.

I just double checked my post history to be sure, but I have posted about this bundle in exactly two places on neogaf.

The thread I created for the bundle, and in this thread, a thread dedicated to a monthly bundle that has a ton of people in it that regularly buy bundles and who could easily miss a good bundle that isn't on humble bundle, and the closest thing we have to an overall indie bundle thread right now.

Your post seems rather uncalled for and in general quite rude as I was merely trying to point out some solid indie games to people. I have no affiliation with bundle stars, I merely enjoy trying to give people heads up about deals. For example I will also post good anime sales in the anime thread or post sales on light novels in the light novel thread.

If you do in fact have an issue with me, I request that you please either PM me so we can attempt to resolve what ever issue you have with me (plus it would refrain from going more off topic in the thread), or put me on ignore as I am not about to stop posting deals to people that might be interested because a single person thinks that posting something in two spots is horrible spamming. Especially when they are complaining well after 24 hours after I posted something.

Wok

The value for the Bundlestars chaos bundle is quite good, so I approve the publicity. I think the habit of sharing good deals in other threads is okay as long as it is exceptional. Let us not derail the thread into posting every bundle and it will be fine.

For posting about bundles in general, there is already the Steam thread and the Reddit Game Deals forum.

Teppic

I decided to pause for the first time. I have no interest in the early unIock and when I thought about what other games I really want included I couldn't think of many.

I feel like I have enough games for now. Let's see what they have for unlock next month.

Edit: I'm in again. Traders wanted 6 cs:go keys for it. I couldn't pass that up!

So, I'm kinda confused. I subscribed this month because I really wanted Total War Warhammer, but I'm not really interested in making this an every-month kind of deal, so I'd like to cancel my subscription. When I do so though, it says:

If you pause, you'll lose these subscriber perks for one month. If you cancel, you'll lose them completely!

- Your curated monthly bundle of games

- 10% off in the Humble Store

So, will I lose access to Total War somehow? And if I cancel now, will I still get my bundle of games at the end of the month?

Paragon

You already paid for this month's bundle if you have Total War: Warhammer.
You will also get the other games for this month.

I believe the 10% discount may stop immediately if you cancel rather than pausing.

So, I'm kinda confused. I subscribed this month because I really wanted Total War Warhammer, but I'm not really interested in making this an every-month kind of deal, so I'd like to cancel my subscription. When I do so though, it says:

So, will I lose access to Total War somehow? And if I cancel now, will I still get my bundle of games at the end of the month?

If you already payed for this month you will get all the games for this month, you should already have access to total war, the 10% should last until the start of next month even if you cancel, at least it does for me. You can go to your account>purchases to see what you got for that month even after you cancel.

karnage10

Banned
So I signed up for XCOM 2. Can I go ahead and cancel now to avoid being charged for the next month, or will that keep me from getting the other games in this month's bundle?

the FAQ page says "You can cancel your membership at any time, but you’ll need to cancel at least a week before new content unlocks to avoid paying for the next month."

I'm kind of confused
you won't lose access to total war. If you unsubcribe now you still receive the rest of the bundle.
The only reason to not unsubscribe right away is if you regularly buy in the humble store, unsubscribing will make you lose the 10% discount. For your info you are charged 1 week before the bundle releases.
In your case since you already bought march bundle you would be charged on 31th of March for the next bundle.

If you already payed for this month you will get all the games for this month, you should already have access to total war, the 10% should last until the start of next month even if you cancel, at least it does for me. You can go to your account>purchases to see what you got for that month even after you cancel.

Alright, thanks!

Nezzhil

My first time here, but only one month subscription -that I cancelled before I forget to do it-, and Warhammer Total War it's the only guilty. I hope the other games of the bundle are as good than the february bundle!

Wok

It looks like Uurnog will be the Humble Original game for March 3rd.

G72IT8x.png

Elixist

Knytt series is amazing, and I believe Underground is one of the biggest metroidvania worlds ever

Looking forward to this

man i frickin loved knytt, one of the only games ive ever made levels for. but im not getting hot and bothered from that trailer, everything about that looks ehhh. art is kinda shit, animation too. gameplay loop looks like it has some originality? guess we'll see

man i frickin loved knytt, one of the only games ive ever made levels for. but im not getting hot and bothered from that trailer, everything about that looks ehhh. art is kinda shit, animation too. gameplay loop looks like it has some originality? guess we'll see
Art and animation aren't really that important to make a decent puzzle platformer, which this seems to be

Check out Recursed
http://store.steampowered.com/app/497780/

Elixist

Art and animation aren't really that important to make a decent puzzle platformer, which this seems to be

Check out Recursed
http://store.steampowered.com/app/497780/

sure. it being a puzzler makes more sense now. i'd never go full bash mode on something ive never played also. knytt is ugly as fuck as well ,lmao, but at the time when it first came out there was something special about it, and that "it" factor could be here too of course.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I skipped this one as I'm not one for a game like Total War Warhammer. Hoping next month offers something that fits my tastes.

I've decided to stick with monthly bundles because even if I already own some of the games I can easily sell them in the buy,sell,trade threads on here and other forums and at least make a portion back of my purchase price.

I got a game I wanted that goes over 60 dollars US for 10 dollars then I got DLC I probably wouldn't spend money on for free from SEGA. Whatever the other games may be, can't complain.

Was going to unsubscribe but it says my next billing cycle is at the end of march. Does that mean I'll get the march bundle too? When can I cancel so I don't get billed twice?

Wok

These are known for sure:
  • Total War™: WARHAMMER®
  • Uurnog
I guess we will get a few among these:
  • Firewatch
  • Furi
  • Inside
  • Seasons After Fall
  • Shovel Knight
  • Song of the Deep
and:
  • either An Octonaut Odyssey
  • or MorphBlade

garath

Oh. So I subscribed for total war and this months surprise games. Should I unsubscribe now? Will they bill me for April immediately after March is released? I got charged instantly to get total war when I subbed a few weeks ago.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Oh. So I subscribed for total war and this months surprise games. Should I unsubscribe now? Will they bill me for April immediately after March is released? I got charged instantly to get total war when I subbed a few weeks ago.

You won't get charged until the last friday of the month I believe.

Unsubscribe now, and you'll be fine. Humble tends to bill existing subscribers a week in advance of the new bundle going out, so if you unsubscribe before then, you won't be charged extra.

You get charged towards the end of the month automatically. You have to purchase it "manually" before then.

kionedrik

I guess we will get a few among these:
  • Shovel Knight
  • Song of the Deep

These are highly unlikely. Shovel Knight's business model going forward is kinda prohibitive of being part of any bundle in the meanwhile and Song of the Deep was part of that big Freedom bundle.

garath

You won't get charged until the last friday of the month I believe.

Unsubscribe now, and you'll be fine. Humble tends to bill existing subscribers a week in advance of the new bundle going out, so if you unsubscribe before then, you won't be charged extra.

You get charged towards the end of the month automatically. You have to purchase it "manually" before then.

Thanks guys. Appreciate it :)

Tizoc

lol if its jc3, complete shit show of a game; thought I'd probably buy it if it was under $3. I wouldn't even take it if it was free.

Technically speaking...the HUmble BUndle gives you 6 games.
So if JC3 was one of them, 12/6= $2 per game :p

I decided to subscribe for the year, let other people have the task of figuring out which games are cool in the deluge of games we're having.

Truth be told, it's not like I have time to finish more than 1 or 2 games per month, so, as long as the bundle delivers a couple of good games per month, I figure it's money well spent?

I decided to subscribe for the year, let other people have the task of figuring out which games are cool in the deluge of games we're having.

Truth be told, it's not like I have time to finish more than 1 or 2 games per month, so, as long as the bundle delivers a couple of good games per month, I figure it's money well spent?

The correct move is to sell or gift undesired games.

Burt

oh god please don't give me any more deals I cant resist on games I can pump 50 hours into no sweat

spare me

please

Top Bottom