• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wired play through all of Too Human

Chinner

Banned
Sysgen said:
Cliffhanger endings are nonsense.

As we've seen with games like Mass Effect it is possible to get a concrete ending in an episode of a serialized game.
Seriously. The ending for Mass Effect is fucking bad ass. Best ending dis gen.

big_z

WrikaWrek said:
It's just incredible. The team isn't small (120 people right?), rumors say the budget isn't small, the game was delayed for a long period of time, it has like 4 years of dev time, and they can't even come out with something that at least looks polished?

I don't understand. There's a word for that, incompetence.

This game has undergone so many changes the only thing it has in common with the original idea is the cybernetics crap. I wouldnt be surprised if Too Diablo was only in developement for two years.

wow, i really feel bad for this game now.

even though i'm not interested in the game anymore because of the lack of 4 player co-op, ten hours sounds fine for me.

PSO was a lot shorter than 10 hours for a complete forest to ruins run, 4 players made it insanely fun.

that's the kind of experience i was hoping for until the bad news about it only being 2 player co-op hit :(

PhatSaqs

Banned
Kohler should post his final stat page like DD did.

too-human-20080612002202407-000.jpg

rhino4evr

Chinner said:
Seriously. The ending for Mass Effect is fucking bad ass. Best ending dis gen.

I completely agree. Mass Effect despite being part of a trilogy, had an outstanding story and a great conclusion. That's how all these titles should play. Cliffhangers suck.

Minsc

Gold Member
BenjaminBirdie said:
Why should SK have to "Step it up" to a comparison made by an independent source? If I tell Marvel to "step it up" with Secret Invasion are they obligated to get Grant Morrison to write it? Probably not.

Was directed directly at the comparisons NemesisPrime was picking, not SK.

You really have to ask why we have to raise the bar for this game after all the threads we've had on it? :lol

The fact that people are responding to gameplay videos with that guy above is enough to turn me away from caring about this other than for amusement.

WrikaWrek

Banned
PhatSaqs said:

too-human-20080612002202407-000.jpg

17 hours.

That's actually very nice. But it does say he did everything, 100% completed, all the tokens and stuff. Which isn't so nice.

Classic_Gs said:
10 hrs at best?!?! Oh man no where near enough game there.

This is Denis Dyack's character at the end of his cybernetic-god-knows-how-many-times play through. I would guess he would have to play every side quest and visit every location because the focus will be bug testing, so this is likely to represent the sum of what Too Human offers...

11skqvk.jpg

EDIT- Okay it already got posted, but whatever bumps mabuza's shit posts out of the way.

Calcaneus

Can I be at the next meeting when the gaming community chooses their next game to constantly rip apart? The way everyone is declaring victory after a preview that just says "its okay", there is no way this game will be recieved well by GAF and other places once it comes out.

rhino4evr

WrikaWrek said:
17 hours.

That's actually very nice.

this is for 100% guys. How long did it take you completionists to finish GTA4 at 100% (60-80 hours?) Mass Effect (30-40)?

17 hours to collect EVERYTHING still seems short.

It took me 22 hours in Prime 3 to collect everything, and that was a shooter.

D.Cowboys

Neo Member
Mithos Yggdrasill said:
I cannot believe that with 120 people and with 4 years of development, Denis Dyack's team didn't manage to make this game a AAA title. Holy crap.

Or with 4 player co-op. Which is why I got my new PC.

Sick and fucking tired of the downgrades. Dennis should have let the players decide whether 4 players were too hectic in co-op.

If it was, then we'd just use our brains, and have only 3 players or 2 by our own choice.

That being said, I'll give it a whirl for sure. Dunno if it will hold out angainst Conan.

So, I guess I'll say for.

X26

Banned
~10hr is way too short. I know it supposed to have replay value, but games such as Diablo 1 & 2 took me atleast 20hrs on my first playthrough.

Tobor

PhatSaqs said:

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/881/881319/too-human-20080612002202407-000.jpg[/img]

17 hours is far more realistic. I would guarantee then I'll be at 20 minimum to get 100%.

Kohler is probably at the lowest % possible to finish the main story.

Tobor

rhino4evr said:
this is for 100% guys. How long did it take you completionists to finish GTA4 at 100% (60-80 hours?) Mass Effect (30-40)?

17 hours for the developer to hit 100% means 20 minimum for the rest of us. Come on, you guys are reaching.

bigmakstudios said:
Wow. 17 hours for 100% completion does not bode well for an RPG.

facepalm.gif

I don't understand why people are complain about a length of ten hours. Too Human is being billed the second coming to PSO which was a game that I could "complete" in probably 5 hours but some how I ended up putting 300+ hours into it. Length isn't the issue for people who enjoy dungeon crawling and loot gathering. The issue for the game is that it's only two player co-op.

17 hours for a guy who knew where everything was (quest wise and secrets wise) and had been through the game many, many times before.

Logic and comprehension take a backseat on the short-bus that is a Too Human thread.

Tobor

Francias Castiglione said:
17 hours for a guy who knew where everything was (quest wise and secrets wise) and had been through the game many, many times before.

They're not getting it. It's like talking to a wall.

FIREBABY

mabuza said:
at least lair at times looked good. this is just 100percent ass in every department.
Between you and Domo I don't know who's more full of shit. Lair looked like ass outside of bullshots. And with your post history in Too Human threads I'm not surprised its "100% ass in every department". Carry on though.

PhatSaqs

Banned

Logic and comprehension take a backseat on the short-bus that is a Too Human thread.
Seriously. :lol

The game might just be crap but people are going to great (retarded at times) lengths to bash it.

Proelite

Logic and comprehension states that Dennis Dyack talked up his game way too much.

Philthy

bigmakstudios said:
Wow. 17 hours for 100% completion does not bode well for an RPG.

It's in the Diablo realm. I played through Diablo 2 this weekend on Nightmare, and that was 5 acts. Took about 15 hours tops I would think. That was taking my time, doing all the quests, and killing everything on every level and dungeon. I may have missed a few baddies somewhere, but I doubt it.

I agree that Denis Dyack would likely go through the game quicker than anyone else due to his personal involvement with its development, but even so... to just know that anyone could see all the game has to offer in only 17 hours is disconcerting.

Busty

Banned

That's very true. But on the other hand this is a man trying to sell his game (though frankly sometimes I'm not so sure) and would anyone be above trying to pad things out.

I'm not saying that this is the case, I'm just saying that there are many ways to interpret it.

Either way, the tin foil hat brigade are going to have a blast analysing this.

All this whining about hours of gameplay.. who gives a shit as long as it's quality gameplay? I'd rather have short games with good gameplay than long drawn out affairs I never finish. To be honest I'm amazed half you guys have the time for 15-20 hour games, let alone 30 or 40 hour ones. I'm assuming most of you haven't got jobs or aren't in relationships?

rhino4evr said:

You don't know what 100% means, there's a probability that it only includes the main quest. Further still everything that added on to GTA4 or ME was fluff better left out, and you probably spent more than half your time in prime backtracking.

Confidence Man said:
Only four enemy types? :lol

They're enemy races not enemy variants.

rhino4evr

PhatSaqs said:
Seriously. :lol

The game might just be crap but people are going to great (retarded at times) lengths to bash it.

When I last checked this was a thread about Wired impressions. Which were basically
too short, lack of story focus, and repetitive and frustrating gameplay.

SOUNDS LIKE A WINNER!!

Top Bottom