• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bernie and Jane Sanders, under FBI investigation for bank fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diablos

8RHKHYl.gif
Holy shit.

Fat4all

Banned
Take a breath.

Your way too invested in hating Bernie Sanders for whatever reason to think logically about the situation.

Nothing is actually determined in the investigation outside of the fact that there is an investigation under way.

I think the confirmation bias of some neoliberals stanning for the Democratic party is very annoying, since i created the thread to have an honest conversation about the merits and what might actually occur in the investigation

there is an awful lot of irony in this comment coming from you

JordanN

Banned
Next primary will have a lot of people in it.

I'm honestly hoping for this.

This sounds weird but Trump came out tested when he took down all the other republicans despite them all being equally garbage.

A democrat who could crush 10 or more Dems single handily, is someone who is very serious about defending liberalism and taking back the White House away from Trump and his alt-right cronies.

The last thing America needs is a president whose only gimmick is "I'm not Trump, LOL".

legacyzero

Banned
Damn. Interesting. Say it ain't so Bernie. I do find it hilarious that the prosecutor worked for the Trump Campaign lol

Looks like a Republican-led hatchet job to me, but the fucked up thing is I checked some of the Bernie hangouts to see what they're saying and guess who the hardcore are blaming? Democrats. Yeah, we must be involved "somehow." The left continues to eat itself.

You never jump into the mud unless you need to, that's like rule #1.

Because Hillary sending out surrogates on TV to say shit like "Bernie Sanders lead an 'English Only' chant during the Nevada Primary" and having them claim "chairs were thrown and guns were pulled on people during the Nevada Primary by Bernie supporters" when there is absolutely no evidence of any of this is not jumping into the mud.

I supported Sanders. But if he did anything wrong, it needs to be investigated as much as anything else. Justice is more important than how I feel about his stances.

Ultimately. Extremely upsetting if true, but if something happened then it can't go unanswered.

You seen Kamala Harris interrogating Rosenstein and Session?
Going after bogus colleges will probably make her the most suitable to go after Sanders. I would hope she would be ready to get shit for advocating prison labor, neglect to go after Mnuchin's bank, and not pushing for Independent police investigations.

Wall

This might blow GAF's collective mind, but some of the people who liked Sanders in the primary didn't give a fuck about Clinton's e-mail story because they knew it was bullshit. Most of those people went on to vote for Clinton in the general.

As for this investigation, it's been known about for awhile. If anything comes of it, it will be a shame, because Sanders is the most effective voice the left has right now.

Personally, I don't think anything will.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I honestly don't believe anyone in those echelons of government is free from sin on money related issues.
Now watch a certain segment of "liberals" declare the FBI fake news and unreliable.

"The centrist corporatist Democrats have cooked up against a conspiracy against Bernie. What about Hillary's emails?" they'll say in an alarmingly similar manner to the right-wing.
I've been calling the FBI unreliable and fake news since *checks* 1908.

While alot of people here are laughing at Sanders supporters I'll just say if this is true I'm super disappointed but it doesn't change my positions. It serves as a reminder not to trust or elevate people in positions of power.

Because Hillary sending out surrogates on TV to say shit like "Bernie Sanders lead an 'English Only' chant during the Nevada Primary" and having them claim "chairs were thrown and guns were pulled on people during the Nevada Primary by Bernie supporters" when there is absolutely no evidence of any of this is not jumping into the mud.

As someone who is more than willing to admit Clinton should have never gotten the nomination, this is just crazy talk. Nobody sent surrogates out to make those claims, it was just a game of twitter telephone twisting original sources.

It's very possible that Sanders would have beaten Trump but it's not like his camp was innocent either. One of his data people stole stuff from the Clinton camp, people forget that.

While alot of people here are laughing at Sanders supporters I'll just say if this is true I'm super disappointed but it doesn't change my positions. It serves as a reminder not to trust or elevate people in positions of power.

Once you build a cult of personality around someone and invest in them emotionally, you do not think rationally anymore. That's why Trump supporters are willing to let so much immoral behavior slide and why people shouldn't make that mistake.

pigeon

Banned

Hey, if Bernie actually gets hurt by this it would be a loss for the Democratic Party. He's a very strong voice for it, despite his clumsiness on social justice, and I don't want to see him go. And, frankly, he probably can't lose in Vermont no matter what.

The people who have apparently been replaced by duplicants since last year and no longer remember what they thought about FBI investigations at the time are pretty interesting, though.

Lifeline

Trump, Clinton, Sanders, Christie

All were/are under investigation. I wonder how many from the 2016 pool won't be under investigation by the time this term ends

As someone who is more than willing to admit Clinton should have never gotten the nomination, this is just crazy talk. Nobody sent surrogates out to make those claims, it was just a game of twitter telephone twisting original sources.

It's very possible that Sanders would have beaten Trump but it's not like his camp was innocent either. One of his data people stole stuff from the Clinton camp, people forget that.

David Brock and Dolores Huerta absolutely made those claims.

Hey, if Bernie actually gets hurt by this it would be a loss for the Democratic Party. He's a very strong voice for it, despite his clumsiness on social justice, and I don't want to see him go. And, frankly, he probably can't lose in Vermont no matter what.

The people who have apparently been replaced by duplicants since last year and no longer remember what they thought about FBI investigations at the time are pretty interesting, though.

This seems true, Sanders and Biden are the only two people who seem to have some pull with independents so to lose one of those voices against Trump to scandal is still a loss.

David Brock and Dolores Huerta absolutely made those claims.

I was under the impression that the original report came from a reporter named Jon Ralston in Nevada and others ran with it.

For the record, Bernie has been a net positive for the Democratic Party.

I'm not sure I believe this actually. If Hillary's loss was actually very close, and we remove one or two factors that made her lose, wouldn't she have had won? Bernie's stubbornness and unwillingness to concede for MONTHS definitely caused an uprise in 3rd party / protest voting. In fact, judging by many gaf posters, those wounds were never really healed.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I'm not sure I believe this actually. If Hillary's loss was actually very close, and we remove one or two factors that made her lose, wouldn't she have had won? Bernie's stubbornness and unwillingness to concede for MONTHS definitely caused an uprise in 3rd party / protest voting. In fact, judging by many gaf posters, those wounds were never really healed.

Nah. I don't like Bernie very much and I think that Clinton lost the election on the margins but for all that I find his rhetoric now to be frustrating I don't believe he really cost her the election. The people who didn't listen to him when he endorsed her were probably never going to vote for her in the first place

Ekai

When people say leftists support more college money this is not what they mean.

Do you want to respond to your attempt to shove facts under the bus from the other thread or do you just want to continually use trolly hot-take responses to whatever I say?

Strike

Liberals would jump of happiness if he was found guilty though. They rather side with Fox News on this than with Young Turks. Disgusting.
That's cute. I don't remember liberals pushing insane conspiracies like Seth Rich. "Progressives"/Leftists seemed to have had no problem with that.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Do you want to respond to your attempt to shove facts under the bus from the other thread or do you just want to continually use trolly hot-take responses to whatever I say?

This thread is about an investigation into Bernie and Jane Sanders that, at the very least, does not seem unfounded

Ekai

When it comes to you, definitely the latter.

It's nice to know that you happily want to shove under the bus the suffering of trans people and other minorities that happened when centrists shoved us under the bus for decades then. Good to know where you really stand, pigeon. At least you're finally being honest with me. Because clearly I'm just an uppity minority and I'm a problem for criticizing the Democrats for just using me when they please/throwing me to the wayside rather than listening to my problems. Good job convincing me that centrists aren't trying to hide their past at all. By all means, keep doing shitty trolling hot-takes, it's really helpful for discourse when you do that to me in every thread.

As for the thread at hand, I'd rather wait for more detail before reading anymore hottakes by people who are giddy to see a leftist in a sticky situation.

This thread is about an investigation into Bernie and Jane Sanders that, at the very least, does not seem unfounded

I can acknowledge that as much.

pigeon

Banned
It's nice to know that you happily want to shove under the bus the suffering of trans people and other minorities that happened when centrists shoved us under the bus for decades then. Good to know where you really stand, pigeon. At least you're finally being honest with me. Because clearly I'm just an uppity minority and I'm a problem for criticizing the Democrats for just using me when they please/throwing me to the wayside rather than listening to my problems.

No, I'm just very familiar with your posting strategy by now. I'm happy to let the rest of the board judge for themselves whether your accusations are well-founded or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom