• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Koshien 2017 | Japan National High School Baseball Tournament

Beckx

yeah, Operation: Just Barely Enough Pitching to Stay in Games isn't going to work for Meihou.

Tenri has like tripled its total offensive output for the tourney.

Beckx

It's semifinal day! Only two days left now. I haven't been as active as I'd have liked, but I have at least watched a lot of games, so it's better than last summer.

Koryo v Tenri in the first game (starts 9pm US east coast)

I like both teams and honestly however this goes they are going to be underdogs going into the final. eigokokoyakyu highlights how Tenri's kantoku manages like he's in a pro game and the results really show.

Hanasaki Tokuharu v Tokaidai Sugao in the second

Hanasaki Tokuharu has scored 38 runs in 4 games. Tokaidai Sugao has scored 29 in 3 (bye). So expect a 1-0 walkoff win :p

Monumma

https://twitter.com/EigoKokoyakyu/status/899815294822039552
DHzJI6bUIAEObjV.jpg:orig

Damn, I missed the record breaking swing.

Just walk the guy...

edit: and finally they walk him, to load the bases. 1 out, 6th inning, tie game.
6-4.

Monumma

The bases are loaded already in the 7th when Nakamura comes up... He clear the bases with a double. 9-4.
edit: And another RBI single in the 9th. just dont pitch to the man.

Monumma

This quickly became a tense game with both aces on. Neither side seems to know how to score anymore, 8th inning, 4-4.

edit: I somehow missed the fact that n11 is now pitching. bases loaded, 1 out, top of the 8th. K. 2run double, 6-4 Hanasaki Tokuharu.

Beckx

Nakamura is such a monster

so my favorite pitcher (Kohei Arihara of the Fighters) is a Koryo OB. 100% behind them now! (Sadly their performance didn't rub off on him today, he had another bleh start....)

Beckx

Just a reminder that, per usual, the championship game is at 2pm in Japan (1am US east coast)

it's been an amazing tournament. Not only the overall HR record broken, but the individual HR record as well.

Top Bottom