• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Deluxe (Limited Editon w Zelda WW + W101 + Ninja Gaiden for $270)

krumble

I own a Launch Day Deluxe and those games and I'd jump on that for the Zelda Console if Nintendo had an option to transfer my games over. I only own a few digital titles but still don't want to lose them by switching systems.

It's only
The gamepad that's unique
Just pair it with your old one

Vlaphor

I'm gonna still have to say no, even though I do have the money for this. I don't care about any version of Ninja Gaiden 3, I'm not really interested in replaying Wind Waker, and though I'm sure WW101 is nice, it's not a system seller for me. I'll probably pick up a Wii U in a few years when they are nice and cheap, as are all the games I want for it.

Still, this is the closest I've come to buying a Wii U

Ding, 1000 sold. Hopefully Nintendo can see that price actually IS an issue from this.

Not sure about this, this "limited time frenzy type deal" is highly effective but it strikes at the weak heart of impulse buyers/those on the fence.

I don't think it automatically means anything as far as an official pricedrop is concerned.

It's different.

Mesoian

I'm not too heavy on platformers but yeah I'll consider grabbing 3D world, if anything though I am more interested in pikmin 3.

Pikman 3 is, indeed, excellent.

When I bought my WiiU at the last fire sale, I got W101, Pikman 3 and Killzone SF at a buy 2 get 1 deal at target. Eventually traded in Killzone SF for Mario because it was shite.

Mesoian

Not sure about this, this "limited time frenzy type deal" is highly effective but it strikes at the weak heart of impulse buyers/those on the fence.

I don't think it automatically means anything as far as an official pricedrop is concerned.

It's different.

You are correct.

But Nintendo really should drop the bundle price to 250. I think the last time this happened, we found that 250 was the point where hardcore gamers considered it to be an impulse buy when the second batch sold for 265 and sold 1/10th of the supply.

zma1013

Ding, 1000 sold. Hopefully Nintendo can see that price actually IS an issue from this.

Eh, it's not conclusive really. Such a small number of sales and the sale itself could be driving people to buy because they don't think a better deal will come anytime soon. What I mean is, if they dropped it down to $250 permanently, these same people would be waiting for a $200 sale then.

prag16

Banned
Eh, it's not conclusive really. Such a small number of sales and the sale itself could be driving people to buy because they don't think a better deal will come anytime soon. What I mean is, if they dropped it down to $250 permanently, these same people would be waiting for a $200 sale then.

Very possible. It's hard to prove either way.

Still, 25 sold just in the last few minutes. Not bad. That $250 NSMBU bundle went faster no doubt, but not bad.

Here is a complete list of exclusives for the Wii U console that are worth mentioning. If you are contemplating this bundle, please take a look and see if anything below appeals to you. Please note that these are only what has been announced.

2012-2013 (Retail)
Nintendo Land
New Super Mario Bros. U
ZombiU
Lego City Undercover
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Game & Wario
Pikmin 3
New Super Luigi U
Rayman Legends (exclusive touchscreen gameplay)
The Wonderful 101
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
Wii Party U
Sonic Lost World
Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games
Super Mario 3D World

2012-2013 (eShop)
Chasing Aurora
Nano Assault Neo
Toki Tori 2
Animal Crossing Plaza
Pokémon Rumble U
Wii Sports Club
Toki Tori
EDGE
RUSH
NES Remix

2014 and on (Retail)
Wii Fit U
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Mario Kart 8
Hyrule Warriors
Bayonetta 2
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
X
Yarn Yoshi
Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem
The Legend of Zelda for Wii U

2014 and on (eShop)
Dr. Luigi
Unepic
The 90s Arcade Racer
FAST Racing Neo
A Hat in Time
Ballpoint Universe
Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians
Gravity Badgers
Ittle Dew
Scram Kitty and His Buddy on Rails
Q.U.B.E.
Wii Karaoke U
Wooden Sen'SeY

Other exclusive offerings
Backwards compatibility with all Wii software (requires Wii controllers)
Virtual Console (Wii mode has many more content at the moment but the Wii U selection will grow)

Mesoian

It's only a thousand units though.

It does indicate that they could use some better bundling.

If the state of business is true and Platinum has been paid and sealed for their time and effort on W101, they should just make that the official bundle. It's what all the hardcore gamers want at this point and the windwaker HD remake isn't as pulling as the game that a lot of people had as their GOTY for last year.

Mlatador

Banned
Here is a complete list of exclusives for the Wii U console that are worth mentioning. If you are contemplating this bundle, please take a look and see if anything below appeals to you. Please note that these are only what has been announced.

2012-2013 (Retail)
Nintendo Land
New Super Mario Bros. U
ZombiU
Lego City Undercover
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Game & Wario
Pikmin 3
New Super Luigi U
Rayman Legends (exclusive touchscreen gameplay)
The Wonderful 101
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
Wii Party U
Sonic Lost World
Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games
Super Mario 3D World

2012-2013 (eShop)
Chasing Aurora
Nano Assault Neo
Toki Tori 2
Animal Crossing Plaza
Pokémon Rumble U
Wii Sports Club
Toki Tori
EDGE
RUSH
NES Remix

2014 and on (Retail)
Wii Fit U
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Mario Kart 8
Hyrule Warriors
Bayonetta 2
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
X
Yarn Yoshi
Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem
The Legend of Zelda for Wii U

2014 and on (eShop)
Dr. Luigi
Unepic
FAST Racing Neo
A Hat in Time
Ballpoint Universe
Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians
Gravity Badgers
Ittle Dew
Q.U.B.E.
Wii Karaoke U
Wooden Sen'SeY

How could you forget "The 90s Arcade Racer" as a 2014 E-Shop title???

J4oaNwt.jpg

DuiBxCv.jpg

PJ46qT7.jpg

Trailer 1 (One of my most anticipated 2014 titles!)

Wow... if only it wasn't that Zelda controller. If this was Mario 3D World instead of Zelda, I'd probably find a way to convince my wife that I needed it ;)

781 sold, in less than 2 hours... Huum... I am starting to think that the price of the Wii U is a real problem.....

Yes it is, all of their systems have launched at $200, the Wii at $250. Their next console will be no more than $250, I bet. Maybe they keep the gamepad functionality as optional and/or use the next handheld for that. So packing the most power you can in a $250 box.

The casuals that might still bite are very sensitive to prices, I mean they pay $500 for a tablet but they use it for many things, the consoles though, just for gaming.

Davey Cakes

Still too much
It's really not, ALL THINGS considered.

You'd have to consider nothing at all in order for [what is basically] a sub-$200 Wii U to be "too much" with the library of exclusive content it already has and the guaranteed releases for 2014.

Just say you don't want and will never want the console and move on.

BentoBox

Neo Member
Sigh, strangely enough the only games I would care enough to buy are Smash4, MK8 and potentially even Just Dance for the ladies (and myself, not gonna lie).

What became of the Nintendo of the N64 era where we were given heaps of quality multiplayer offerings? SP games offer me no replay value whatsoever, nor do I care much for them at all :<.

Give me online games Nintendo!

jmizzal

Great deal and its pretty crazy if you complain about whats coming to the WiiU in the next few months, since if you dont have a WiiU there are about 20 exclusives that are worth it and there is no way you will go thru all those games before more games come out. If you do have that much time then you dont have another gaming system then there are a bunch of good 3rd party games on WiiU from the last year for you to play, so games is not a reason to not buy it, only if you just dont have the money.

lantus

Hnnng must resist impulse buying! Great price, though, considering Zelda is $50 by itself that's basically paying sub $200 for the console. Shit, I'm going to be looking at this all night, and might actually end up getting it. :/

BentoBox

Neo Member
Every Wii U game I have has local co-op. I haven't seen much in the way of competitive multiplayer though.

Yeah, I'm with you on that. Dr. Luigi, which came out last month, has online play. Hopefully Nintendo is going in that direction.

Yeah, I was refering to the latter. With games like MK64, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, DKR, Bomberman64, Smash, Smash, Smash, etc. I feel kind of sad that I've never been as satisfied by a console as 15 years ago. Competitive multiplayer games are personally all I want from Nintendo. I don't even care about the console's shortcomings at this point. Like Reggie said, it's all about the games. Fact remains that I have to wait til next christmas for Smash, and it pains me. :(

It's really not, ALL THINGS considered.

You'd have to consider nothing at all in order for [what is basically] a sub-$200 Wii U to be "too much" with the library of exclusive content it already has and the guaranteed releases for 2014.

Just say you don't want and will never want the console and move on.

It is only a sub $200 console if you actually wanted those games.

nullpoynter

I told myself I would wait a little longer, but I couldn't help myself. I'm ready to play some Zelda and Mario again. Okay, so starting today after this purchase I will not buy any more electronics for a few months :p

drbond

Neo Member
That was actually the real reason for buying it, I'll probably sell off my WW HD code and trade in razors edge for MH3U.

I waited for a price drop and got my Zelda WW WiiU during Black Friday ($299 with a $25 gift card). That said, this newegg deal is really good (and I own both WF101 and Razer's Edge...both good games...yes both...includes "Ninja Gaiden 3: The do-over").

If Razer's Edge isn't your thing, you can sell or trade the game, and grab a $20 eShop card to jump on the Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU digital download sale going on till February 3rd for $19.99.

As some already posted, Target is doing a price cut on Super Mario 3D World down to $39.99 starting on Sunday (2/2/14)

Hell...you can grab a couple of those 60% off indie eShop games with the sale currently going till February 13th (Buy or own at least one of the titles, and get the rest of them for 60% off: Runner 2, Toki Tori 2, and the awesome Mighty Switch Force 1 HD, among others).

As for Bayonetta 2, I can't wait for the game. I got my WiiU especially for her new game. I was on the fence myself for a long time on WiiU (being a huge Platinum Games fan salivating over Wonderful 101). That was until I went to E3 2013, and had the chance to play the game myself. The demo only had 3 verses or so, but was not only playable with a Pro U, but was fully playable with the Gamepad. I didn't think it could work personally. Playing a highly technical combo based action game like Bayo, with stylus controls? It actually worked (you draw lines on the gamepad to move her and do attacks, with some assistance much like Automatic mode in Bayo 1), down to the combos, evades, and megaton punishment attacks. If crazy stuff like stylus control is possible in Bayonetta (which is optional...I preferred playing the demo on the Pro U), I can't wait to hear more of the (?online?) coop stuff they have planned for the game (not yet announced I think...maybe an upcoming Nintendo Direct).

From what I played, it was already a very fun game, and will be a shame some gamers will miss out on Bayonetta 2. I'm waiting on an announcement for a collector's edition of the title. Please...Nintendo of America....let us get our own Climax Edition of Bayonetta 2 with a new gun replica inside (much like how other countries got a replica of the Scarborough Fair for Bayonetta 1).

Tempting. To put it in perspective, the original Wii launched at $250 with Wii Sports and this is only $20 more. However in some ways it would feel like if I just bought an HD-DVD player in 2008.

Frodo

All of you guys buying a Wii U now you should buy The Wonderful 101 as well! It is an amazing gam---- Oh wait...

It is <$200 for the console at this price and with these games. Good deal, I'd say, considering it has a very interesting library already and there are more good games coming out this year.

Mashing

I got some giftcards laying around. Looks like I'm buying a WiiU. I was going to wait, but this is such a really good deal.

Annnnnnnnnnnnndddd.... done.

nullpoynter

I'm a little surprised this isn't sold out yet. These bundle deals usually go fairly fast, especially the ones buy.com throws up on eBay occasionally. Newegg must have a large inventory of these.

So I got a question... does the wii u up res wii games or will it have that sd on hd tv look? I also have the same question about wii vc games

Top Bottom