• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

Barlotelli trying to introduce some edge to his t-shirt collection:

ug63G.jpg

Mastadon

Banned
There's a chance I may start working nights out of hours network configuring, they are talking of cutting 50% of our team in the next year so I've offered to make myself more valuable.

Anyone worked nights before?

Sorry Jeff, bit late, but I used to work 10pm to 6am in an office. I actually quite enjoyed it but there are downsides. Your social life will obviously take a hit as you'll pretty much be asleep lol. Takes a little while for your body to get into the swing of things so you'll be knackered for the first week or so.

FuturusX

A legend for Arsenal, a professional shit talker for City.

True. He's embracing his new role fully.

It must be acknowledged, nobody talks more shit than Ferguson. Fecal matter is positively dripping from his lips and nostrils..

It's a good battle, actually.

Milan XI: Abbiati; Bonera, Nesta, Mexes, Antonini; Nocerino, Ambrosini, Seedorf; Boateng, Ibrahimovic, Robinho.

Barcelona XI: Valdes; Dani Alves, Piquè, Mascherano, Puyol; Xavi, Busquets, Keita; Messi, Iniesta, Sanchez.

Both Seedorf AND Ambrosini on the pitch, Nocerino on the right side. One of the worst midfield of this season.

GQman2121

Banned
Milan XI: Abbiati; Bonera, Nesta, Mexes, Antonini; Nocerino, Ambrosini, Seedorf; Boateng, Ibrahimovic, Robinho.

Barcelona XI: Valdes; Dani Alves, Piquè, Mascherano, Puyol; Xavi, Busquets, Keita; Messi, Iniesta, Sanchez.

Both Seedorf AND Ambrosini on the pitch, Nocerino on the right side. One of the worst midfield of this season.

I believe in this Milan side! They can do it!!!

Blablurn

Starting XI: Neuer - Lahm, Boateng, Badstuber, Alaba - Luiz Gustavo, Kroos - Robben, Müller, Ribéry - Gomez

Bench: Butt, Rafinha, Contento, Pranjic, Schweinsteiger, Tymoshchuk, Olic

s7evn

Starting XI: Neuer - Lahm, Boateng, Badstuber, Alaba - Luiz Gustavo, Kroos - Robben, Müller, Ribéry - Gomez

Bench: Butt, Rafinha, Contento, Pranjic, Schweinsteiger, Tymoshchuk, Olic

Anyone in America know what channel this game will be on?

bjaelke

FC Barcelona have a 61% chance of winning against AC Milan tonight and a 90% chance of progress to the CL semi-final. - Euro Club Index

rodvik

FC Barcelona have a 61% chance of winning against AC Milan tonight and a 90% chance of progress to the CL semi-final. - Euro Club Index

Probably right but screw the facts lets see Barcas dominance challenged.

Today only, all football fans are Milan supporters. Come on Meeeeeelan!

Fantomex

That line up from Guardiola is built to shift to a 3-5-2 at any time, he's betting a lot on Keita destroying and rebuilding. I'm excited!

Fintan

Forza Milan!

Although part of me wants Barca to get through so we can get revenge in the semis. Another part of me knows we'd get destroyed!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Forza Deschamps! Go easy on him Bayern.
Surely Yurt today you must support the Italian side? :) Think if Milan keep going in the CL competition they will fail in the league? :)

That's exactly why I want Milan to go through
i4JlO.gif

sneaky77

good luck to everyone with teams in play today, I won't be able to watch any of it until I get home from work so I am taking voluntary exile from this thread until then

elsk

Banned
Not for sale! Bayern tell Barcelona, Chelsea & Inter that Germany trio are going nowhere
http://www.goal.com/en/news/596/exc...sale-bayern-tell-barcelona-chelsea-inter-that
The Bavarians have in recent weeks had their resolve tested, with the Germany international trio having caught the interest of several of Europe's top clubs. But after receiving inquiries, Bayern were quick to dismiss any possibility of selling their stars.

Goal.com can confirm that in recent weeks Barcelona tried in vain to acquire Lahm, and Chelsea had an approach for Badstuber turned down. The Bayern bosses agree: no key player will leave the club - all offers will be rejected.

The Catalan giants have in the past been linked with Lahm, and with left-back Eric Abidal aging and in need of a liver operation, recently reignited their interest. But since the Bavarians turned down a transfer, Barca have set their sights on Valencia defender Jordi Alba instead.

Chelsea also were keen to sign a Bayern defender, with John Terry growing older and David Luiz having not always convinced. The Blues are set for a coaching change this summer, and Badstuber was among their candidates as an alternative in central defence. But the Bavarians were unwilling to hear their offer.

Furthermore, Goal.com can confirm that Inter have been watching Toni Kroos for the last two years. However, Bayern blocked any contact between the player and the Italian side, who, similarly to the Blues, have in recent weeks become more concerned with finding a new coach than adding players, following the sacking of Claudio Ranieri.

Barcelona, Chelsea and Inter will continue their search for new signings, but will have to turn their attentions elsewhere, as the Bavarians have made their position clear. This season, Lahm, Kroos and Badstuber have been key figures for Bayern, having made a combined 118 appearances in all competitions.

rodvik

Saw this over at a Villa website, talk of doing the same for us. I love it.

"German Regionalliga Nord side Magdeburg are having a woeful campaign in one of the regional leagues that makes up the fourth division in Germany.

After 25 matches, they are rock bottom of 18 teams with 20 points and have scored just 16 goals, 11 less than Energie Cottbus II, who are second bottom.

Despite their woeful recent form, Magdeburg have failed to score in their last five games, they could still beat the dreaded drop as they are just two points off the relegation zone.

As a result, their fans decided to try something a little different, handing out arrows ahead of the match with BAK ’07 on Sunday to literally show the players where the goal is.

A banner was also made titled “we will show you where the goal is” but despite finally scoring, Magdeburg still went down to a 2-1 defeat.

"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlpkGMEOors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom