• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Installation 01 (Halo fan game) Cinematic trailer

btags

So I read through the game content usage rules, and they seem to be following the rules, although the rules do not specifically mention creation of games, just "items" and "apps" (although this would not be a problem for the team, but more for microsoft).

That being said, this is also in the rules: "We can revoke this limited-use license at any time and for any reason without liability to you (and if we think you are abusing this license or its intent, you may hear from us). We reserve the right to update this license and the Rules from time to time."

With microsoft presumably pushing future halo games to pc with play anywhere, I could see them revoking the limited use license, but I am not super knowledgeable about this stuff and would like to see what others say. I hope this doesn't get stopped though.

DocSeuss

I'm not expecting much, because prior fan games aren't exactly great...

Hideous amounts of bloom and vignetting aren't helping. Still, fingers crossed.

iFirez

Really good stuff for a fan game, love their other trailers and videos too. I'm not a big fan of their Elite design though, they look like a mix of the H2A and Halo 5 designs. They're not awful... but something just seems wrong about them.

I care so much more about this than Halo 6 that it's insane.

Looks better and better every time they show it off. Can't wait to have a more polished Halo experience on PC than Halo 5: Forge and Halo Online.

wwm0nkey

So I read through the game content usage rules, and they seem to be following the rules, although the rules do not specifically mention creation of games, just "items" and "apps" (although this would not be a problem for the team, but more for microsoft).

That being said, this is also in the rules: "We can revoke this limited-use license at any time and for any reason without liability to you (and if we think you are abusing this license or its intent, you may hear from us). We reserve the right to update this license and the Rules from time to time."

With microsoft presumably pushing future halo games to pc with play anywhere, I could see them revoking the limited use license, but I am not super knowledgeable about this stuff and would like to see what others say. I hope this doesn't get stopped though.
Honestly, they should hire a lot of this team imo.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
hey

twUW70c.gif

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
I care so much more about this than Halo 6 that it's insane.

Looks better and better every time they show it off. Can't wait to have a more polished Halo experience on PC than Halo 5: Forge and Halo Online.

lol wut

Really good stuff for a fan game, love their other trailers and videos too. I'm not a big fan of their Elite design though, they look like a mix of the H2A and Halo 5 designs. They're not awful... but something just seems wrong about them.
Fat thighs.

Pizza

Y00000 so fucking stoked for this

Elites look hot, wasn't expecting them to be done yet!

Hopefully they show off some in-progress stuff from maps besides this one soon!

EBE

Gameplay videos have looked awful. Always a bit surprised to see people say it looks good or that they're excited for it. Neat little project though. Designs are poop, despite being lifted from the games. There's just no direction to it in that way that screams 'fans made this.'

Top Bottom