• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 13 |OT| JOIN THE CLUB

Custom club sleeve available for download here (limited teams): http://www.ea.com/uk/football/1/fifa13-club-pack

N8G2h.jpg

Eden Hazard on the cover with a generic face in the game. 8(

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Just popping in to note that my local gamestop (in Ireland) had people queuing out the door for this, this afternoon. Never saw that with any previous game release. This was mid-afternoon too, they hadn't been waiting for the shop to open or anything. Perhaps it was an after-school rush...

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Some great pro club action, one major complain in 2 games the ai has given the other team goals with completely nonsensical defending, comical defending, own goal defending. Other than that the pc club record is 1 win, 4 draw, 2 losses and alot of fun. 2 points needed from the last 3 games for promotion!

Just popping in to note that my local gamestop (in Ireland) had people queuing out the door for this, this afternoon. Never saw that with any previous game release. This was mid-afternoon too, they hadn't been waiting for the shop to open or anything. Perhaps it was an after-school rush...

I went into tesco at 3am last night and they already sold through their 40 copies.

Some great pro club action, one major complain in 2 games the ai has given the other team goals with completely nonsensical defending, comical defending, own goal defending. Other than that the pc club record is 1 win, 4 draw, 2 losses and alot of fun. 2 points needed from the last 3 games for promotion!
We've had some problems with the AI, as well. We don't use an ANY, and sometimes the goalie or backline make mystifying decisions when passing out of the back or defending that leads to goals. It's much easier with one player in the backline or someone that'll drop back and request the ball when necessary.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
We've had some problems with the AI, as well. We don't use an ANY, and sometimes the goalie or backline make mystifying decisions when passing out of the back or defending that leads to goals. It's much easier with one player in the backline or someone that'll drop back and request the ball when necessary.

PS3 club GAF here, we'll never play again without an ANY. Not relying on the AI makes this way, way better. We have a rather shit win/loss ratio too, but hey, at least we already managed to get the promotion to league 9.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
PS3 club GAF here, we'll never play again without an ANY. Not relying on the AI makes this way, way better. We have a rather shit win/loss ratio too, but hey, at least we already managed to get the promotion to league 9.

That sounds like inter console banter to me, well get promoted too damnit!!!!!

But yeah, ai defending sucks the biggest balls ever, last game 3 goals to the other team all from the ai just screwing around or giving an own goal.

Mr Cola

Our last 3 games are going to be nailbiters, we seem to not do well scoring wise but usually we are pretty decent defending, 2 points from 3 games :O i hope we do them tonight

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
That sounds like inter console banter to me, well get promoted too damnit!!!!!

But yeah, ai defending sucks the biggest balls ever, last game 3 goals to the other team all from the ai just screwing around or giving an own goal.

Haha, all GAF clubs should have had the same name across all platform versions ;p
2 points from 3 remaining games doesnt sound all to difficult, good luck!

When playing without an any if various players are smashing the pass button when the AI has the ball it will give an errant pass or it will give a pass while off balance leading to a intercepted pass.

When we have more than four people on, it's usually not a problem. It's just difficult when everyone's playing across the top and you can't get the ball out of the back. Obviously, having a human defender back there helps even more. We might experiment with an ANY at some point, but we're still winning games and climbing the table right now (up to league 6 last I checked), so we'll worry about that once the competition gets better. So far FIFA13 has been playing a lot better than 12, and we're having a good time with Clubs aside from the occasional loss. It's a great feature of the game - lots to think about and teamwork & chemistry are key.

When playing without an any if various players are smashing the pass button when the AI has the ball it will give an errant pass or it will give a pass while off balance leading to a intercepted pass.
Yup. We've been able to avoid that for the most part. It comes up when we're losing sometimes, and we're pressing for an equalizer.

Mr Cola

Haha, all GAF clubs should have had the same name across all platform versions ;p
2 points from 3 remaining games doesnt sound all to difficult, good luck!

I think we have scored thrice in 7 games lol ;D

As a returning FUT member, you get 4 packs free, plus daily gifts, etc.

so take the money you get out of those packs and you buy high rated players REAL early, like when the FUT Web App releases and nobody has any coins. For example I had about 20,000 coins from selling everything I got in those packs plus daily gifts, I bought 2 David Silvas at 9K each, I sold them both for 45k the day the game came out in the US.

I took that 90k, bought 3 Kelvins (Porto 5* RW Silver) at about 30k each, sold them for about 70-80k each.

So 20,000 -> 240k roughly.

I then bought 4 IF Buttners (Man Utd Silver) for about 60k each. His now worth 100K plus.

:D

Well, I was fucked considering my Web app has yet to work. No real idea why either, and EA has been worthless in giving me a reason. I can only do stuff on the console

Mr Cola

also another thing to note for pc gaf, may just be me but basically i couldnt enter any pro clubs games earlier because i was in windowed mode, once i turned to fullscreen everything worked fine, just incase anyone runs into this issue.

Mr Cola

and remember to join our club, i believe we have an OT going up some point tonight, i hope we can use the gaf mumble too

Toma

I think we have scored thrice in 7 games lol ;D

Funnily enough, we had the same issue scoring goals. Still managed to scratch enough draws though.

Mr Cola

i like that scoring is hard, makes those half chances all the more exciting, i expect after improvement both with the pro and the game itll become easier. For reference i think all of our goals have come from headers.

i like that scoring is hard, makes those half chances all the more exciting, i expect after improvement both with the pro and the game itll become easier. For reference i think all of our goals have come from headers.

Yeh one of the things I noticed is that we cross the ball an awful lot.

pakkit

Banned

Is scoring harder than 12? I noticed shots seem to more accurate/strong, but then again the lack of magnetized boots could mean that you're fighting for available space more often.

Mr Cola

Is scoring harder than 12? I noticed shots seem to more accurate/strong, but then again the lack of magnetized boots could mean that you're fighting for available space more often.

well this is pro clubs, its alot harder than single player be a pro mode thats for certain, we dont really create a huge number of chances at the moment because we are so new to the game. It will be interesting to see what happens in a few days.

Just a reminder for those of you picking the game up today, the GAF 360 Pro Club is here in case any of you are interested.

What formation do you guys usually use?
We tend to pick based on who's available to play. We'll use a formation that lets almost everyone play what position they prefer.

We play a fair bit of 4-2-2-2, but will switch to a 4-3-3 if we have two dedicated wingers online or sometimes play with five in the back if we're leaking goals during a session. It's situational. I'd guess that we score the majority of our goals on the counter along with a few headers and some through the normal run of play.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Coming from FIFA11 on PS3, which bored me rather quickly, this game is mind blowing. Was FIFA 12 closer to 13 or to 11? Wii U features tempt me but I'm afraid I've been spoiled with 13 already.

Toma

How can I raise the Ultimate Team coin multiplier?

Coming from FIFA11 on PS3, which bored me rather quickly, this game is mind blowing. Was FIFA 12 closer to 13 or to 11? Wii U features tempt me but I'm afraid I've been spoiled with 13 already.

Closer to 13.

elsk

Banned

FIFA 11 and FIFA 12 are almost the same, the only difference is less leagues (in 12) and the tactical defending. FIFA 13 is the first 'big' change in a long time.

Wii U is missing a lot of online features for obvious reasons.
You might want to be careful unless you really like the Gamepad feature.

Like FIFA 11 didn't have FUT packed in. I'm pretty sure Wii U isn't getting FUT, Online Clubs, H2H Seasons.

FIFA 11 and FIFA 12 are almost the same, the only difference is less leagues (in 12) and the tactical defending. FIFA 13 is the first 'big' change in a long time.

FUT is huge, man. And Impact Engine. And the new career mode.

I can't play FIFA 11's career mode anymore. It's just not engaging at all.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
The best part of the game is that the players actually have a first touch like a professional footballer. I used to hate having to move the right stick to get a halfway decent first touch and it was usually too strong

Goddamn my virtual pro has a broken ankle for 3 months

I have two CBs in my Career mode with Broken Ankle (3 months). This is annoying because FIFA12 had the same issue with players getting injured easily (with severe injuries).

And all those bugs I have already encountered? It baffles me how EA within a year can put so many bugs in a game that is basically done and just gets enhanced a little.

Top Bottom