• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4/XB1 footage on 10/29 [Up3: Comparisons coming in at midnight EDT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanR1221

Guys maybe the surprise really is just the PS4 version is better.

To us this isn't anything new. To a lot of people out there they are probably expecting the xb1 version to be better based off of last gen.

Mr.Speedy

Banned
Random thought is about 99% not the case:

I'm not sure when, but there is going to be a big Battlefield 4 tournament promo event with Major Nelson and AceyBongos. Why would they use Battlefield 4 for the event instead of COD? Considering how buddy buddy the Xbox is with COD, it seems odd they would go with Battlefield. It's pretty certain that the X1 version of Ghosts isn't visually up to par with the the PS4 version, but what if the X1 version of Battlefield 4 looks a little better on the X1 and that is why they are doing the promo event with Battlefield 4.

Do I think that is likely? Nope, but it's an interesting thought.

mmm, you smell that? That's a storm brewing.

Storm_clouds.jpg

But seriously, it will be nice to finally see some direct footage of the console versions.

Apocryphon

As others have said putting out single player XBO footage vs multi PS4 footage is not going to give anyone a fair comparison.

I would expect the XBO single player to outshine the ps4 multi. This would not be a shock.

We need single player from both please before we can start fighting :)

I couldn't care less about the single player. I want to not have to squint at the screen to determine whether that thing I'm shooting at 500m away is a sniper or a bush. Console BF3 is garbage - I just hope the PS4 version is 900p as that would make things easier on the eyes.

I couldn't care less about the single player. I want to not have to squint at the screen to determine whether that thing I'm shooting at 500m away is a sniper or a bush. Console BF3 is garbage - I just hope the PS4 version is 900p as that would make things easier on the eyes.

This! God idk how many f'n times i've shot at a rock, bush, fence post etc. off in the distance in BF3!

Guymelef

I have several hours of PS4 multiplayer and the full single player campaign on Xbox One recorded

I can't talk specifics until the 29th but I can say that one of the next gen console versions definitely looks better than the other.

Obviously single player always looks better than multi, so...

RulkezX

Calling it now - XO single player is going to look better than PS4 Multi , Internet is going to explode , MisterXmedia redeemed etc etc.

Demon Ice

Banned
Guys guys guys

Maybe the surprise is the PS4's multiplayer actually looks better than XB1 single player.

Edit: DAMN IT Astronut

Then why did his tweet say "And finally I think you guys will be very surprised when you see Xbox One vs PS4 footage"?

No one knows why he said that. We can only speculate....
At the end of the day though we cannot compare SP footage to MP footage. That simply isn't a fair comparison.

Why compare SP on one console vs. MP on the other.....seems like a pretty misleading way to go about this. He can say hes not doing a head to head all he wants but when he states that one looks significantly better than the other, that is the definition of a comparison.

Given what we know about the consoles, would there be any legitimate reason for the PS4 version to look inferior to the XB1?

billsmugs

I'll be very surprised if the "surprise" we're promised isn't that XB1 SP looks better than (or roughly the same as) PS4 MP. The power difference between the two consoles probably isn't enough for multiplayer on one console to noticeably outshine the single player on the other, even factoring in dev tool maturity etc.

I hope I'm proved wrong though, if only to stop the debate over which console is the most powerful, otherwise it will just keep going on and on. Also, the likelihood of GAF staying up when this footage hits is pretty slim whatever the outcome, but if XB1 "beats" PS4 then it will probably be down for days :D

airjoca

Maybe he meant that when eventual PS4/One comparison videos of the same gameplay come out, we'll be surprised.

Maybe he saw them running the same gameplay in person but couldn't get footage.

The fact that MP will be show on PS4 and Single on One might be EA trying to hide the fact that the PS4 version looks better.

We'll see.

N.Domixis

Banned
It's pretty obvious why they are doing this. The single player probably performs a lot better on ps4. To prevent major backlash before launch they are trying to mislead casuals and bro dudes. Knowing how single player always looks better than multiplayer, casuals will see both videos and think there is no major difference. Microsoft is trying all they can to prevent the truth from getting out before launch to keep their preorders safe. Once the consoles are in the hands of people, there is nothing they can do about it.

man/man

Banned
Why compare SP on one console vs. MP on the other.....seems like a pretty misleading way to go about this. He can say hes not doing a head to head all he wants but when he states that one looks significantly better than the other, that is the definition of a comparison.

Given what we know about the consoles, would there be any legitimate reason for the PS4 version to look inferior to the XB1?

Because having a beefier GPU doesn't guarantee better performance or visuals.

I feel like this whole thing is going to be a letdown with very little helpful information.

His tweet could be interpreted so many ways and really seems like marketing to stir up attention.

Apocryphon

Maybe he meant that when eventual PS4/One comparison videos of the same gameplay come out, we'll be surprised.

Maybe he saw them running the same gameplay in person but couldn't get footage.

The fact that MP will be show on PS4 and Single on One might be EA trying to hide the fact that the PS4 version looks better.

We'll see.

And yet 2 days later we'll have XBone multiplayer footage.

I wonder if they dropped the player count in the XBone version in order to be able to scale things up...

burnfout

Please upload it somewhere other than Youtube.

I am trying to watch his current BF4 PC video's but goddamn Youtube makes everything in the world butt fucking ugly.

StuBurns

Banned
A YouTube personality is posting footage of BF4, thus EA's true evil has been shown to the world, duh.
Quite...

I think the fact it's new consoles, people have a misconception about the kind of data we're given ahead of releases every year. EA are under no obligation to provide us high quality comparison video to pick to pieces, the first parties aren't required to reveal detailed framebuffer data.

We're going to know this stuff the same way we always do, when the pixel counters have at the games themselves. Until then, everything is gravy.

It actually makes sense to show one console for MP and one for SP if you want to show both systems, and both game modes. I imagine this has much more to do with efficiency than it does to diminish the impact of any disparity.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
DICE and EA could clear all this up and just state what the resolution and framerates are for the next gen consoles. The more they duck and dodge, the less I want to support them.

mrlovepump

Neo Member

Some DirectX 11.1 magic is all I can think of but then BF is being pushed as one of the big hitters using Mantel so....

If it is simply down to DX on the XBO then that's just down to dice not replicating the on the low level API not an indication of real power.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Where's FamousMortimer when you need him?

I don't know what the Xbox One resolution of BF4 is... but if it isn't 1080p it's not going to be the same as the ps4 version - or so I hear.

About BF4... DICE doesn't fuck around with hardware. They are serious about tech. They wouldn't hamstring a game and....

About EA... They are backtracking quite a bit lately on their relationship with Microsoft and keep mentioning that they are platform agnostic. They aren't stupid, they see the projections and they like money.

Again, I don't have the slightest clue what BF4 is like on the xbox one. But I am confident about the two statements above. The whole "forced parity" thing has been paranoia from the start.

ig4hsKppS5gWG.png

If everyone is expecting the Xbox One version to be inferior, and he says "You're going to be surprised." I take that as a hint that the Xbox One version is BASICALLY similar to the PS4 version. Maybe a few less trees or whatever small details than the PS4 version.

haha, if Battlefield 4 is the same resolution on Xbox One and PS4, yet CoD Ghost isn't, I really want to know how IW fucked up development that badly.

You took it that way because it's what you hope will happen not based on any reality. That tweet is too vague to even go in that direction.

I hope the X1 version is going to end up looking better. What a twist.

fixed.

This is what happens when you already invested $500 on a system that's not even out yet. You are forced to cheer lead in hopes of avoiding buyers remorse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom