• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

a916

WTF is going on!?!? Stop with this shit. You have SS2, GCS, and now a Harley movie??!? When are these movies supposed to come out? This has to mean DC is doing 4 movies a year.

I can't even... what the hell is this.

Hopefully it's just like "Yeah we explored that idea before we landed on Sirens." and not "WE GOT 4 HARLEY MOVIES COMING OUT!!"

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I can't even... what the hell is this.

Hopefully it's just like "Yeah we explored that idea before we landed on Sirens." and not "WE GOT 4 HARLEY MOVIES COMING OUT!!"
If this movie is actually Sirens with Joker being the villain, then ok, I'll let it pass. But it doesn't seem like it.

EDIT - The more I think about it. This seems like someone got info about the Sirens plot and is now mis-understanding this as a solo Harley movie. Especially if Ayer is directing. No way is he going to do Sirens and this back to back. Especially with the quote I posted earlier about him talking about Sirens as if it's still a thing.

I'd be lying if I didn't say I was disappointed, borderline annoyed by the rumor, especially when this is in addition to Gotham City Sirens.

There can't be some grand plan to this stuff anymore cause the announcements/rumors seem random as fuck.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I'd be lying if I didn't say I was disappointed, borderline annoyed by the rumor, especially when this is in addition to Gotham City Sirens.

There can't be some grand plan to this stuff anymore cause the announcements/rumors seem random as fuck.
I think there's just a complete retool happening behind the scenes and tons of projects are getting scrapped or renamed. They better lay it all out tomorrow. I'm tired of this stupid waiting game and being left in the dark.

This is what bums me out the most about all of this, when they announced the DCEU roadmap way back they seemed to apparently know where they were going.

Inbetween the Flash's problem, Ben's "I will/will not do it" stalemate, The Rock being cast but nobody seems to know where to put him and now this...this seems like a huge mismanagment

PS: the fact that Black Adam isn't in Shazam! I wonder if they are really going through with that "Black Adam vs Superman" thing that was floating around some time ago.

Busty

Banned
BUSTY WAS RIGHT

Toldja!

penny-dance-party.gif

Though to be fair I'm not sure about ScreenRant as a source. I heard Warners wanted to 'pivot' (exact quote) Harley Quinn away from being just the Joker's girlfriend so this makes sense.

I seriously doubt that it will be called Harley Quinn V Joker though. I hope this wasn't Warners big surprise for SDCC and they managed to hold something back for their presentation.

Yeah. I guess it's not that surprising (it's felt random for a while now) but it's definitely disappointing to see.

Suicide Squad, Suicide Squad 2, Gotham city Sirens, Harley quinn solo feat. Joker....so it's a Villain's cinematic universe....

This is how you do it Sony! ^_~

Ashhong

The sucky thing here is, even if Affleck is leaving and they make it a part of the movie, the goddamn surprise is ruined! Imagine they kill him off or whatever or they hand down the cowl, now we are all going to go into The Batman expecting this and waiting for it to happen. It just changes everything.

It's like knowing what RDJ's last movie appearance will be, or knowing that Avengers IW is Chris Evan's last movie (I think). It sucks.

I see this topic is in full panic mode. You could just wait for tomorrow.

Tomorrow isn't going to change the Ben or Dwayne situations at all. There's plenty to be concerned about even ignoring the Harley news (I'm personally not concerned by the Dwayne situation but get why others are)

Ross61

I see this topic is in full panic mode. You could just wait for tomorrow.
We're damaged.

Inb4 Affleck continues to play Batman in the DCEU.

Tomorrow isn't going to change the Ben or Dwayne situations at all. There's plenty to be concerned about even ignoring the Harley news (I'm personally not concerned by the Dwayne situation but get why others are)
What if tomorrow has Ben sign a new picture deal?

The sucky thing here is, even if Affleck is leaving and they make it a part of the movie, the goddamn surprise is ruined! Imagine they kill him off or whatever or they hand down the cowl, now we are all going to go into The Batman expecting this and waiting for it to happen. It just changes everything.

It's like knowing what RDJ's last movie appearance will be, or knowing that Avengers IW is Chris Evan's last movie (I think). It sucks.

I mean... This is just how these things work. You're almost certainly going to know those two things before they happen too.

jrush64

Banned
You say that as if it's just this thread and there isn't a whole thread being even more ridiculous in the OT

When exactly is freaking OT reasonable about anything DCEU? I don't go into any OT DC topics because it's gonna be filled with the usual hyperbole and schadenfreude. When it comes to DCEU there are always BS rumors that seem to spread.

All i'm saying is wait till tomorrow or well... keep believing the worst.

When exactly is freaking OT reasonable about anything DCEU? I don't go into any OT DC topics because it's gonna be filled with the usual hyperbole and schadenfreude. When it comes to DCEU there are always BS rumors that seem to spread.

Johns confirmed the Rock isn't in Shazam today. The Affleck stuff has been circling since the beginning of this year and it's the Hollywood Reporter reporting on it, not some random blog.

The only thing to be really skeptical about is this Harley v. Joker rumor.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I swear if WB goes vanilla Marvel I'm done.
Wonder Woman made a lot $$$ pretty sure thats the blueprint moving forward and not BvS or Snyder DC films.

If the rumour about extensive reshoots is true, then Snyder removing anything JL related from his twitter account make sense.

Ashhong

I mean... This is just how these things work. You're almost certainly going to know those two things before they happen too.

And it suuuuuuucks

All I'm saying is there are rumors out, from a credible source, OF COURSE we are going to be talking about it. It's just a discussion.

Firemind

Wonder Woman made a lot $$$ pretty sure thats the blueprint moving forward and not BvS or Snyder DC films.

If the rumour about extensive reshoots is true, then Snyder removing anything JL related from his twitter account make sense.
JL becoming Suicide Squad redux. Darkest timeline.

Neophant

I'm not too worried about all this news. Even if Affleck isn't able to be in the suit, it doesn't mean he has to be completely out from the upcoming Reeves film. Heck, he could retire and help train his successor ala Batman Beyond, and still play Bruce Wayne as a mentor figure.

Plus, to be honest I'm not sure if THR has a bias against the DCEU. I still remember that report about Suicide Squad's production problems conveniently coming before the reviews and opening weekend. This feels like yet another thing to take advantage of us worrisome fans.

Top Bottom