• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

Penguin

All I could think of

giphy.gif

Also he discusses Shazam a bit

https://youtu.be/stBROi47lkY?t=6m15s

Halle Berry stopped by Yahoo Movies’ Comic-Con suite with the cast of upcoming action film Kingsman: The Golden Circle and naturally we had to ask what the former Catwoman star thought of Wonder Woman.

“I’m like Gal Gadot‘s biggest fan right now,” gushes Berry (watch above). “I was so proud of that movie and proud of her. And what that [movie] has done for women, it’s palpable to me.

“It was beautifully done and well shot,” continued Berry, whose superhero résumé also includes playing Storm in four X-Men films, “and Gal is the perfect representation right now for that kind of superpower.”

Flashback to months ago...

The reporter brought up the recent news about Wonder Woman possibly being bisexual in the comics, and asked if she might have a relationship with another woman in the Wonder Woman sequel. Gadot seemed to be on board, and even had an actress in mind!

“I saw her the other day, Halle Berry. She’s so beautiful. Wow! She’s gorgeous! So… yeah, I could do it with her,” Gadot replied.

Hmm

a916

Probably means nothing... since it's cryptic enough to really not mean anything...

But Umberto just posted the cover of Flashpoint and a bunch of emojis....

IconGrist

Have his random picture posts ever turned into anything? Can't recall...

Anyway, I'm stuck at work all day tomorrow but I will try to pop in from time to time to join in on the hype train.

Really hope the new JL trailer is comparable to the dope BvS SDCC trailer. Seeing the first again ahead of Dunkirk, it's OK. Kinda generic. Especially when it played after the Blade Runner trailer.

But I'm expecting another trailer set to a popular song with quick cuts of action and humor.

Pachimari

Bring on the DC goodness! I'm pretty excited to see their line-up, and hopefully they'll release the Justice League trailer online(?)

Bring on the DC goodness! I'm pretty excited to see their line-up, and hopefully they'll release the Justice League trailer online(?)

I think it's safe to assume it will go live after it airs in Hall H. Everything they showed last year was online within minutes of being played for the audience.

ryan299

Ben Affleck's Batman Future in Doubt as Warner Bros. Plots Franchise

Ben Affleck is heading to Comic-Con this weekend to promote Warner Bros.' upcoming Justice League movie, set for a Nov. 17 release. But how many more times is he likely to put on the Batsuit? Probably not many, if ever again.

VIA THR

Hammer will be the new Batman. The cowl will be passed in The Batman. I could see the third act actually being Hammer in the suit after Affleck struggles in the first act.

J_Viper

Arm and Hammer is the best choice to replace Ben, if it comes to that, but I really hope not.

Also Bruce will always be Batman on film.

Fuck Hollywood Reporter for dropping this now. They will harass him at CC.

Yet if they held onto it until after ComicCon, members of the community would have shat on them and doubted it because "no news broke at ComicCon so it's clearly nothing" or "they're just dragging DC after a great ComicCon"

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Yet if they held onto it until after ComicCon, members of the community would have shat on them and doubted it because "no news broke at ComicCon so it's clearly nothing" or "they're just dragging DC after a great ComicCon"
Yeah, I thought about that as well. If they had to run the story regardless, doing it before is probably better as they can actually address it and shoot the rumors down. If they released this after, I think it would be far worse and would last longer in the news cycle. I really hope Ben and the crew just flat out deny this and say he's sticking with the role for as he wants.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Quick blurb from Ayer about Gotham City Sirens...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/07...making-gotham-city-sirens-instead-of-a-sequel

When we asked Ayer why he chose to tell this story, as opposed to a direct sequel to Suicide Squad, he responded, "It's a story about three fantastic women who're trying to find their way in the world, and realize that they have more power together than they do individually." He added, "I have daughters, and I want to create something that might be able to help them get along in the world a little bit."

...We pressed him on whether Harley Quinn, who will once again be played by Margot Robbie, will switch up her iconic look. Ever the professional, Ayer replied, "Let's put a pin in that. Maybe next Comic-Con." He did tease a bit, adding, "Everybody evolves."

I really hope Ben and the crew just flat out deny this and say he's sticking with the role for as he wants.

I honestly think it's better to just not acknowledge it at this point, and focus on Justice League promotion.

If Ben denies it, nobody's going to buy it because the last time he was denying something, it was that he was stepping down from directing The Batman, and within a month of that denial, his dropout was confirmed.

If they confirm it themselves, it's obviously going to be all anybody talks about whenever the film's brought up.

Script's just being re-written, filming isn't until next year, there's no rush for any of them to make any official statement that has potential of taking attention away from Justice League

I honestly think it's better to just not acknowledge it at this point, and focus on Justice League promotion.

If Ben denies it, nobody's going to buy it because the last time he was denying something, it was that he was stepping down from directing The Batman, and within a month of that denial, his dropout was confirmed.

If they confirm it themselves, it's obviously going to be all anybody talks about whenever the film's brought up.

Script's just being re-written, filming isn't until next year, there's no rush for any of them to make any official statement that has potential of taking attention away from Justice League

Yup, can't do a denial after having Affleck go on Kimmel and confirm he was still directing The Batman just to put out the press release like 2-3 weeks later saying he was officially out as the director.

Just ignore it or own it.

Ashhong

I disagree with this. If they outright say "I 100% am not quitting the DCEU and will be in The Batman. Time will tell where the story goes from there", nobody will question that and it will stop all the news.

LAME LAME LAME LAME LAME LAME

Top Bottom