• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

I need some tips/advice from Zarya players. On converting Grav into kills how do you go about it? Trying to wait for combos with my team just leds me holding Grav for far too long. They also seem really hestiate even shooting into it's direction at times.

I can't seems to finish it myself unless I'm at 90+ Energy and right click them down (left clicking healers/Mercy down first.)

Granted I suck but still would like so advice so I can head towards the right direction.

Angel_DvA

90% of lose are because people don't know what to play and when to switch at this game, I'm personally down with it, I'm gonna switch to Playerunknow Battleground.

rulerk1

I need some tips/advice from Zarya players. On converting Grav into kills how do you go about it? Trying to wait for combos with my team just leds me holding Grav for far too long. They also seem really hestiate even shooting into it's direction at times.

I can't seems to finish it myself unless I'm at 90+ Energy and right click them down (left clicking healers/Mercy down first.)

Granted I suck but still would like so advice so I can head towards the right direction.

When you lob shots as Zarya, melee as the lobs hit so you get more damage done. Personally i dont grav unless I know for sure I can solely kill everyone in the grav. If you grav but nothing is dying then it's probably on your team for not following up with you. I don't know maybe tell them about or hit group up with me button. Save personal bubble for the grav too.

Blues1990

If they aren't shooting at you, use beam.

If they are shooting at you, peek and use bomb.

Bomb is also better at hitting everyone in the orb, beam is better DPS.

Bomb does 46-95 dps for 4 seconds.

Beam does 75-150 dps for 5 seconds.

Best damage is using beam until ~1-5 ammo then finishing with bomb.

I may be givin bad advice but I won't hesitate to grav if I see a healer and dps together.

Burn down the heals first of course.

And as stated above...always have your bubble.

Edit: if they have a mercy, make sure you catch her in the grav and focus her immediately.

Nimby

Banned

Most of this could be fixed with comms. Lower levels don't target focus, so callouts help them tremendously if they are on mic. Between pushes check ults, set up a combo with your team, and execute it the next push.

Save your shields for (Genji/Reaper/Pharah) grav too.

Ertai

Getting steamrolled 5 comp matches in a row. Like, no chance at all. Not even close and no her i swap to makes any difference. So tired of this

Sane_Man

As a lower level player, playing with Gafers in the inhouse games was genuinely the first time I felt like I was playing on a proper team. Super fun.

Moonkid

There's only so much you can do to set up your ult as Zarya. Time your pushes together, make sure your DPS or ult-partner is in position, let them know and hope for the best.

---

I've had incredible luck this season, not a single loss after placements which has pushed me into Diamond.

Only need one win for Platinum, so of course they put me on Horizon and for whatever reason new maps make people forget all strategy. The team was literally able to run right up to the point every time on both sides because apparently defending choke points is just not a thing anymore. I honestly don't even know how to defend point B because the matches ended so fast once point A was taken.

Of course my team was better at having no semblance of strategy so we lost.

Anyone on ps4 not able to get into the server?

I stay gettin LC 202 all of a sudden.

Hmm, now it's BC 101

Meh, now I'm in. Random shit is random I guess.

otakuderek

I already posted in the Discord, but I'm looking to group up on PS4 for competitive matches. I don't have any friends who play anymore, so I'm sitting at ~1700 from solo queue. I would love to play with you folks sometime. I'm usually on everyday from 7pm-12am EST. Shoot me a friend request on PSN (VendettaXXI) or I'll watch here for some groups.

Moonkid

Hmm, now it's BC 101

Sorry I couldn't play for longer yesterday, my connection was bugging out and I should have a long as ethernet cable ready to go soon lol.

otakuderek

Hmm, now it's BC 101

Just got the LC 202 error, kicked me to home menu, and suspended me from comp for 10 mins lol. I wasn't even in a game! Blizzard's twitter feed shows others are having the same problem too.

Sorry I couldn't play for longer yesterday, my connection was bugging out and I should have a long as ethernet cable ready to go soon lol.

No worries. Sorry if I wasn't pulling my weight...took a minute to get used to actually playing with a cordinated team.

Just got the LC 202 error, kicked me to home menu, and suspended me from comp for 10 mins lol. I wasn't even in a game! Blizzard's twitter feed shows others are having the same problem too.

Yeah I never get errors like that I wasn't sure what was happening. Shoot me a FR same as gaf and we'll Q up together for comp sometime.

0-3. Solo queue comp on PS4 is absolutely shitty. I want to play Overwatch but only with groups because I just can't deal with how awful people are. Just had a game where my team kept getting completely wiped by ults. If you've been playing this game for more than two weeks, DVa and Hanzo should not get back-to-back quintuple and quadruple kills on the defending team, especially when the attacking team has no Zarya or even Orisa.

Jesus.

One of my biggest pet peeves is people telling me when to use my ult. Especially ones like Zarya. If I'm hanging onto it, its either because I feel its not gonna turn out well, or I know theres a better moment about to come.

Nydius

A lot of ultimate are hard to play around. How to you play around Sound Barrier and Zens ult? They act the same way as rez.

A lot of shitty Mercys already play this way. Solo rez are pretty worthless, unless Mercy needs that invincibility to stay alive.

The same way?
Not even close.

Lucio can be killed before getting Sound Barrier off and makes himself a massive target by jumping up in the air. Even if he does get it off, you can damage through it or simply wait it out because it's not a permanent effect. Zen becomes invincible, but it's a PBAoE which means the teammates are dependent on Zen not being a dumbass and floating out of range.

Mercy's ultimate happens instantly and, despite having an animation nearly as long and exposed as Lucios, cannot be killed out of it. She doesn't have to worry about position as much as Lucio or Zen for the ultimate to be effective and she can build iup a second rez faster than Lucio or Zen can build up another Sound Barrier or Transcendence. Oh and she can escape faster, better, and more frequently.

Ertai

1-8 in comp. Last game we lost to a Bastion on both attack and defend on route 66. Fuck this game, fuck everything about this. Not one single match that was close. Just getting steamrolled. Dropped from 2809 to 2633. Doesnt matter what i pick, everyone on my team just scatters and they get themselves killed one by one,

So I'm playing Mercy on Horizon Attack and we've got great synergy going, there's no idlying, no forcing ourselves into a choke position. We're all grouped. And the one fucking Widow we have won't stop spamming heal. Yeah, I'm gonna drop our forward momentum for your sniping ass.

I'll try again - is there a comp people use to counter dive? Twice in comp games I've had people say they're expecting the enemy team to dive, but they always take a pretty vanilla meta defense comp.

The second time it happened I asked what we should do to counter, and the response was, "just play who you're best at".

Is there any generally agreed upon strategy or comp for countering a dive? Anything to avoid?

I've been wrecked by dives and held dives off with no ticks, but I couldn't tell if there was anything special going on in any of those games.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I'll try again - is there a comp people use to counter dive? Twice in comp games I've had people say they're expecting the enemy team to dive, but they always take a pretty vanilla meta defense comp.

The second time it happened I asked what we should do to counter, and the response was, "just play who you're best at".

Is there any generally agreed upon strategy or comp for countering a dive? Anything to avoid?

I've been wrecked by dives and held dives off with no ticks, but I couldn't tell if there was anything special going on in any of those games.

One of the biggest reasons sombra has entered the pro meta is she's good against dive. Most characters lose their mobility after they get hacked, which means instant death if they're in a middle of a dive.

DVa and Zarya help their squishies survive when dove on better than any of the shield tanks can, since divers just move past shields. Roadhog would be still good too i guess, if he's still good at all.

Lucio is by far the hardest healer to dive against. He just never dies. After that, I don't know who is the best counter dive healer.

Fuck competitive. It's not for me. Matches are too long and victories that should feel uplifting and rewarding feel like 'shit, now we have to hit that same level again'. Games are too long, too exhausting.

Top Bottom