• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Thread (redux)

marmoka

Banned
giphy.gif

Squishy3

i like to amuse myself by thinking if 4kids still had one piece what they'd have done for some of the big scenes

like what would squardo stabbing whitebeard look like in the 4kids anime, or blackbeard's crew all unloading on whitebeard

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I hate this new opening. Why does the new world not get any good ones? Hands Up was the only one I liked and it lasted like 10 episodes.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
We fight together is the best opening so when I buy this next voyage I'm not skipping that shit ever
It's not the best but it is damn near close. One Day is also really good.

Raxus

I too would go for Hands Up! Shame it didn't even air stateside and only lasted a short time. The last two OP's have been ok at least. War of the Best had a string of great OP's.

Cwarrior

the more you go up the ranks the more badass the minks get.

One piece anime staff interview on Zou Arc

Kappei: The Zou arc is mostly told through flashbacks, so there aren’t many events in the present to move things forward. Are there any challenges you face in that regard?

Fukazawa: Let’s see. We strive to reveal the events told through the flashbacks as surprisingly and shockingly as possible. Also, the Dog Storm Musketeers don’t fight much in the manga, but we want to display their strength and how cool they really are, so we asked for Oda’s approval to let them fight more when it’s possible.

Anime staff asked oda approval regarding adding more fight scenes.

Titles and staff for the next upcoming episodes
October 9:
One Piece episode 759: 「夜の王 ネコマムシの旦那見参」
“The King of the Night! Master Cat Viper Emerges!”

Screenplay: 「米村正二」 Shōji Yonemura
Episode director: 「所勝美」 Katsumi Tokoro
Storyboard: 「所勝美」 Katsumi Tokoro
Animation director: 「出口としお」 Toshio Deguchi

October 16:
One Piece episode 760: 「首都壊滅 ぐるわらの一味上陸!」
“Destruction of the Capital – Twirly Hat Crew Arrives on Land!”

Screenplay: 「田中仁」 Hitoshi Tanaka
Episode director: 「えんどうてつや」 Tetsuya Endō
Storyboard: 「えんどうてつや」 Tetsuya Endō
Animation director: 「新垣重文」 Shigefumi Shingaki

October 23:
One Piece episode 761: 「刻限迫る ミンク 族と一味の絆!」
“Race Against Time – The Bond of the Minks and the Crew!”

Screenplay: 「冨岡淳広」 Atsuhiro Tomioka
Episode director: 「上田芳裕」 Yoshihiro Ueda
Storyboard: 「上田芳裕」 Yoshihiro Ueda
Animation director: 「松田翠」 Midori Matsuda, 「久田和也」 Kazuya Hisada

October 30:
One Piece episode 762: 「悪童帰郷 四皇ビッグマムの刺客」
“The Rascal Returns Home – Emperor Big Mom’s Assassin”

Screenplay: 「中山智博」 Tomohiro Nakayama
Episode director: 「深澤敏則」 Toshinori Fukuzawa, 「藤田健太郎」 Kentaro Fujita
Storyboard: 「深澤敏則」 Toshinori Fukuzawa, 「藤田健太郎」 Kentaro Fujita
Animation director: 「伊藤修一」Shūichi Itō

November 6:
One Piece episode 763: 「失踪の真実 サンジ驚愕の招待状」
“The Truth Behind His Disappearance – Sanji’s Shocking Invitation”

Episode director: 「伊藤聡伺」 Satoshi Itō
Storyboard: 「伊藤聡伺」 Satoshi Itō
Animation director: 「多嘉良敢」 Isamu Takara

Which ones should I be looking out for animation wise
It depends.
The next three episode have good animators working on them (Hisada, Ito, Takara), but we don't know how many cuts they will be working on or how long they will be.
I say keep an eye out for the next three episodes. And the one that aired yesterday (760) was pretty solid.

It depends.
The next three episode have good animators working on them (Hisada, Ito, Takara), but we don't know how many cuts they will be working on or how long they will be.
I say keep an eye out for the next three episodes. And the one that aired yesterday (760) was pretty solid.
Sweet some of the best in the arc so I'll see what's up

Cwarrior

Titles and staff for the next upcoming episodes

October 23:
One Piece episode 761: 「刻限迫る ミンク 族と一味の絆!」
“Race Against Time – The Bond of the Minks and the Crew!”

Screenplay: 「冨岡淳広」 Atsuhiro Tomioka
Episode director: 「上田芳裕」 Yoshihiro Ueda
Storyboard: 「上田芳裕」 Yoshihiro Ueda
Animation director: 「松田翠」 Midori Matsuda, 「久田和也」 Kazuya Hisada

Midori Matsuda is a really new rookie animatior that started his career in dressrosa, did the zoro fight in One piece heart gold and worked One piece film gold.

The first part of the episode will be his animation director debut, in a tv anime.

October 30:
One Piece episode 762: 「悪童帰郷 四皇ビッグマムの刺客」
“The Rascal Returns Home – Emperor Big Mom’s Assassin”

Screenplay: 「中山智博」 Tomohiro Nakayama
Episode director: 「深澤敏則」 Toshinori Fukuzawa, 「藤田健太郎」 Kentaro Fujita
Storyboard: 「深澤敏則」 Toshinori Fukuzawa, 「藤田健太郎」 Kentaro Fujita
Animation director: 「伊藤修一」Shūichi Itō

November 6:
One Piece episode 763: 「失踪の真実 サンジ驚愕の招待状」
“The Truth Behind His Disappearance – Sanji’s Shocking Invitation”

Episode director: 「伊藤聡伺」 Satoshi Itō
Storyboard: 「伊藤聡伺」 Satoshi Itō
Animation director: 「多嘉良敢」 Isamu Takara

Next three episode look to be very interesting.

Really nice to see how Oda knew very well which Strawhats would fit best saving the Minks / dealing with the aftermath to help them get back on track.
Even small details like Momonosuke staying in dragon form if he's stressed were shown previously again and again and now it pays off by him (initially) not outing himself as a Samurai, which would interfere with the rescue / current plot.

The only contrived thing is not telling what the hell happened to Sanji even after Nami broke down crying about it :p

btw I assume the black horned people ate the artificial devil fruits? Really seems like a bastardized version of Zoan so it would make sense. Curious that they actually gain such horns though, I guess devil fruits really have that otherworldly connection.

Caesar's troll face is great. Felt like this could have easily been multiple episodes so I'm glad it wasn't.

Randomly felt like rewatching Punk Hazard so I've been doing that lately. I've actually been enjoying it a lot so far (about halfway through), although I remember it drags on later.

SolVanderlyn

One Pace has made Zou incredibly enjoyable for me.

Top Bottom